Windows 10: Microsoft Windows 10 updates problems.

Discus and support Microsoft Windows 10 updates problems. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Does MS have software to fix the windows 10 computer after updates? I always dred my computer after every win 10 update. It turns my 1tb 12gb ram into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MikeWiles, May 20, 2019.

1. MikeWiles Win User

Microsoft Windows 10 updates problems.

Does MS have software to fix the windows 10 computer after updates? I always dred my computer after every win 10 update. It turns my 1tb 12gb ram into a POS. WHAT GIVES? I have to use stuff like CCleaner, Driver Booster, ect, just to get it half **** working. Not even close to its potential. What is the most effective thing to do? I really appreciate help with this. It is so enraging.

Thanks

:)

MikeWiles, May 20, 2019

2. Microsoft Botches Up UEFI Support for Windows 7 on ASUS Motherboards

Microsoft Windows 10 updates problems. [​IMG]

Microsoft suggests updating to Windows 10 to patch Windows 7
    • Tweet
    • Facebook
    • Google plus
    • Send to
    9 Comments

MICROSOFT HAS confirmed a potentially lappy-borking problem that it won't be fixing, because Windows 7.

Woody Leonhard, the respected Windows columnist, points to a problem involving Asus motherboards, which also appear rebadged in a variety of other manufacturers' machines, and the activation of UEFI Secure Boot for Windows 7 in a patch KB3133977.

Short version: install update, welcome to Borksville, population you.

Both Asus and Microsoft acknowledged the problem. Microsoft entitled the article "BitLocker can't encrypt drives because of service crashes in svchost.exe process in Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2", but we prefer to just call it "Trevor for brevity."

The firm's advice was that it's an optional update, leave well alone, you'll be fine, or alternatively turn secure boot off.

Then Microsoft did a silly, silly thing.

It moved the update from 'optional' to 'recommended' and anyone who reads this site regularly will know what happens when Microsoft does this. That's right boys and girls - it makes it automatically install, unless you've specifically told your machine not to.

So now, if you have one of the affected motherboard and you keep your security updates automatic like wot Microsoft recommends, then your machine will stop working properly.

We should add it's not permanently bricked, but it will take some mucking about in the BIOS to fix and that's a pain even for an experienced computer user.

Microsoft has, by offering a workaround, suggested heavily that it won't be fixing the problem, though we have asked the question, so expect a response in about a fortnight.

But the real kicker is this piece of advice: "Note The Secure Boot feature is supported in Windows 10. To learn more about the security advantages of this feature and about the upgrade path from Windows 7 to Windows 10, go to the following Windows website"

Holy toledo, this company really knows how to rub people up the wrong way.

After all - if the advice is to manually avoid the update or move to a version of the operating system where there's virtually no control over updates, then Microsoft is dealing in massive contradictions.

A more cynical site would suggest that it's yet another example of Microsoft running Windows 7 into the ground and adding built in obsolescence to encourage quicker updates. But we're not that sort of site.

Its the patching to force secure boot that is the problem win 7 does not support secure boot
    hence it borks systems and well microsofts answer is Cactus >your Asshole > insert

from the inquirer

dorsetknob, May 20, 2019
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, May 20, 2019
  4. Microsoft Windows 10 updates problems.

Microsoft blocks Windows 10 April Update for Intel SSD 600p Series

Microsoft is blocking some Intel SSDs from installing the April 2018 Update after discovering an incompatibility issue that causes performance and stability issues. In short, the problem was explained by Microsoft as: “When attempting to upgrade to Window 10 April 2018 Update select devices with certain Intel SSDs may enter a UEFI screen reboot or crash repeatedly.” Microsoft says that this issue has no workaround and that those that have attempted to update Windows 10 to the Windows 10 April 2018 Update should revert back to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709.

Unfortunately, the announcement by Microsoft fails to list what specific Intel SSD models are having issues with the OS update. We contacted Intel and discovered that the Intel SSD 600p Series of client drives that was first introduced to the market in 2016 is the most popular drive that is having issues.

Source: Legit Reviews

biffzinker, May 20, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Windows 10 updates problems.

1. Microsoft Windows 10 updates problems. - Similar Threads - Microsoft updates problems

2. Problems with windows updates and microsoft store

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems with windows updates and microsoft store: So i cannot update windows or download windows store apps since it shows me an error 0x80080005 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problems-with-windows-updates-and-microsoft-store/4c8162fb-c6f5-41ff-a029-48c32a50f052
  3. Microsoft Store & Windows Update problems

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store & Windows Update problems: I recently bought a refurbished HP Omen 15 laptop and is looking to download the Omen Command Center from the store. However, when I click the install button it gets stuck on the “Starting download”. I have tried resetting the microsoft store but still no luck. I read in...
  4. Microsoft Window-10 update problem

Microsoft Window-10 update problem: Dear Concern, Microsoft office is crashing and printing problem due to Window-10 update, please check the problem as early possible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-window-10-update-problem/eea0013a-1ec8-4679-9467-10fc94744ead
  5. Microsoft Update problem

Microsoft Update problem: 2020-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems KB4556799 caused my computer to ask for the pin via a console window instead of the regular graphical interface. Can this be prevented. It is very, very strange to me....
  6. Microsoft update PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft update PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: I am EXTREMELY upset and frustrated! After doing my last Microsoft update on my NEW computer I am having problems with a black screen. When my screen saver times out from lack of use I log back on and normally the google page of what I was looking at is there but now it's a...
  7. Problems with Microsoft Store and Windows Updates

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Problems with Microsoft Store and Windows Updates: Hello PROBLEM 1: I'm having problems with the microsoft Store, when i want to install an app, the button goes away and then just returns, nothing installs. I can't install an app. i tried running wsreset, didn't work neither. I tried reading some solutions which said to...
  8. Problem playing Microsoft Mahjong after Windows 10 update

Problem playing Microsoft Mahjong after Windows 10 update: After the recent Windows 10 update I can't play the daily Microsoft Mahjong games. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-playing-microsoft-mahjong-after-windows-10/d95b03c2-8ff9-4f1d-850a-ea472f275343
  9. Is there a problem with Microsoft Updates?

Is there a problem with Microsoft Updates?: I have 4 computers, all run independently from each other and do not share files. In the last 3 days, each of the computers have automatically updated even though I have the strictest privacy settings available in Windows 10 AND turned off all updates in settings. The reason...
  10. Windows 10 update and microsoft store problems

Windows 10 update and microsoft store problems: Hi all, my name is Vitalii and I have some problems with updating Windows 10. When i'm trying to uptdate windows it's shows me next ' error uncountered', i already try to reboot my system and i did reset of system but after it still shows me that message and after that my...