Windows 10: Microsoft Windows 10 updates

Discus and support Microsoft Windows 10 updates in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Cumulative Update KB4505056 was installed by Microsoft. After restart computer, all Desktop Icons were covered over and failure in trying to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bairn_966, May 22, 2019.

1. Bairn_966 Win User

Microsoft Windows 10 updates

Cumulative Update KB4505056 was installed by Microsoft. After restart computer, all Desktop Icons were covered over and failure in trying to use Properties, change Icon failed. However, uninstalling KB4505056 enabled Desktop Icons to be remedied and work normally. Is KB4505056 corrupted or has an error?

:)

Bairn_966, May 22, 2019

2. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, May 22, 2019
  3. Reefer86 Win User
    Reefer86, May 22, 2019
  4. Microsoft Windows 10 updates

Microsoft Botches Up UEFI Support for Windows 7 on ASUS Motherboards

Microsoft Windows 10 updates [​IMG]

Microsoft suggests updating to Windows 10 to patch Windows 7
    • Tweet
    • Facebook
    • Google plus
    • Send to
    9 Comments

MICROSOFT HAS confirmed a potentially lappy-borking problem that it won't be fixing, because Windows 7.

Woody Leonhard, the respected Windows columnist, points to a problem involving Asus motherboards, which also appear rebadged in a variety of other manufacturers' machines, and the activation of UEFI Secure Boot for Windows 7 in a patch KB3133977.

Short version: install update, welcome to Borksville, population you.

Both Asus and Microsoft acknowledged the problem. Microsoft entitled the article "BitLocker can't encrypt drives because of service crashes in svchost.exe process in Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2", but we prefer to just call it "Trevor for brevity."

The firm's advice was that it's an optional update, leave well alone, you'll be fine, or alternatively turn secure boot off.

Then Microsoft did a silly, silly thing.

It moved the update from 'optional' to 'recommended' and anyone who reads this site regularly will know what happens when Microsoft does this. That's right boys and girls - it makes it automatically install, unless you've specifically told your machine not to.

So now, if you have one of the affected motherboard and you keep your security updates automatic like wot Microsoft recommends, then your machine will stop working properly.

We should add it's not permanently bricked, but it will take some mucking about in the BIOS to fix and that's a pain even for an experienced computer user.

Microsoft has, by offering a workaround, suggested heavily that it won't be fixing the problem, though we have asked the question, so expect a response in about a fortnight.

But the real kicker is this piece of advice: "Note The Secure Boot feature is supported in Windows 10. To learn more about the security advantages of this feature and about the upgrade path from Windows 7 to Windows 10, go to the following Windows website"

Holy toledo, this company really knows how to rub people up the wrong way.

After all - if the advice is to manually avoid the update or move to a version of the operating system where there's virtually no control over updates, then Microsoft is dealing in massive contradictions.

A more cynical site would suggest that it's yet another example of Microsoft running Windows 7 into the ground and adding built in obsolescence to encourage quicker updates. But we're not that sort of site.

Its the patching to force secure boot that is the problem win 7 does not support secure boot
    hence it borks systems and well microsofts answer is Cactus >your Asshole > insert

from the inquirer

dorsetknob, May 22, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Windows 10 updates

1. Microsoft Windows 10 updates - Similar Threads - Microsoft updates

2. received B1 Initialized Library Failed 0xc0000001 Message after microsoft update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    received B1 Initialized Library Failed 0xc0000001 Message after microsoft update.: Cannot enter into a troubleshoot mode. Only options are F1 to enter set up or F12 to Boot MenuF1 takes me a Legion screen where the choices are Boot Device, CPU, RAM or LED. No option under here is a safe mode, or troubleshoot.Have tried turning off and on numerous...
  3. received B1 Initialized Library Failed 0xc0000001 Message after microsoft update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    received B1 Initialized Library Failed 0xc0000001 Message after microsoft update.: Cannot enter into a troubleshoot mode. Only options are F1 to enter set up or F12 to Boot MenuF1 takes me a Legion screen where the choices are Boot Device, CPU, RAM or LED. No option under here is a safe mode, or troubleshoot.Have tried turning off and on numerous...
  4. How do I install Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I install Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602...: Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version 1.407.521.0 - Current Channel Broad has been popping up in my Updates for months now. Every time I click download & install, it downloads and installs ... No Error message, sometimes it even...
  5. How do I install Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602...

How do I install Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602...: Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version 1.407.521.0 - Current Channel Broad has been popping up in my Updates for months now. Every time I click download & install, it downloads and installs ... No Error message, sometimes it even...
  6. How to update Windows 10 from version 1703 to 22H2 using Microsoft Update Catalog

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to update Windows 10 from version 1703 to 22H2 using Microsoft Update Catalog: Hello Microsoft Community,I was wondering if I could update Windows version 1703 OS Build 15063.502 to the latest version of Windows 10, using the Microsoft Update Catalog. The reason why I ask this is because I am trying to update a HP Notebook from 2017 that has some...
  7. How to update Windows 10 from version 1703 to 22H2 using Microsoft Update Catalog

How to update Windows 10 from version 1703 to 22H2 using Microsoft Update Catalog: Hello Microsoft Community,I was wondering if I could update Windows version 1703 OS Build 15063.502 to the latest version of Windows 10, using the Microsoft Update Catalog. The reason why I ask this is because I am trying to update a HP Notebook from 2017 that has some...
  8. How to update Windows 10 from version 1703 to 22H2 using Microsoft Update Catalog

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. How Do I Install Microsoft Update Health Tools ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Install Microsoft Update Health Tools ?: Hey,I Accidentally Uninstalled Microsoft Update Health Tools.So, I Am Finding a Way to Install It Back.Things That I've Tried: -1 I Tried Installing It from Microsoft Update Catalogue but It Didn't Have a Windows 11 Version. I Tried the Windows 10 Version but it Didn't Work.2...
  10. How Do I Install Microsoft Update Health Tools ?

How Do I Install Microsoft Update Health Tools ?: Hey,I Accidentally Uninstalled Microsoft Update Health Tools.So, I Am Finding a Way to Install It Back.Things That I've Tried: -1 I Tried Installing It from Microsoft Update Catalogue but It Didn't Have a Windows 11 Version. I Tried the Windows 10 Version but it Didn't Work.2...