Windows 10: Microsoft: Windows 10 Users Should Say No to Chrome and Firefox

Discus and support Microsoft: Windows 10 Users Should Say No to Chrome and Firefox in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; "Some of the issues you mention have been addressed in the insider builds. In 10565 Edge is better than the RTM version,."... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Oct 22, 2015.

1. BunnyJ New Member

Microsoft: Windows 10 Users Should Say No to Chrome and Firefox

It's in development.. give it time. *Wink

BunnyJ, Oct 23, 2015

2. It will take an awful lot to make me change from Maxthon.

indianacarnie, Oct 23, 2015
  3. Edwin New Member
    Yeah, but, if one of the other browsers released a version as non-functional as Edge, they'd be shunned to the depths of the earth!
    Never mind what Build it's on.

Edwin, Oct 23, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

I agree.. I'm just hoping that MS can get the browser right this time..

BunnyJ, Oct 23, 2015
  5. Cliff S New Member
    Jeff, what's that suppose to mean*Sad*chuckle? I love my IE11(10 was pretty good too).
    No other browser let's you set per site security settings(active x controls, tracking protection(Microsoft's version of ABP)smart screen filter...ect. with just a click on the forbidden sign
    Microsoft: Windows 10 Users Should Say No to Chrome and Firefox [​IMG]
    and remembers. All other browsers are all or nothing, except the ABP users. I turn off Flash Player and set click to play per site basis. IE1 rocks if you know how to set it up and use it properly(but yeah it crashes after getting updated sometimes*Sick, No browser is perfect)*Roflmao2

Cliff S, Oct 23, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    I've found that IE11 is not usable for some of the classes I take. And I really never used it. I mostly use FF or Chrome but I dig Edge so far.

BunnyJ, Oct 23, 2015
  7. zplugger Win User
    Give me a book marks bar like in Google and I will change now

zplugger, Oct 23, 2015
  8. Cliff S New Member

Every build I've tried, Leaked or otherwise, it gets better. It just takes so darn long for the improvements to trickle downstream. Same with Cortana, I just found out we can finally send Emails with her on 10240. For SMS you need a phone though. So I just wait for the next Edge update to come along. For me speed is less important them security(important yeah, but less so).

Cliff S, Oct 23, 2015
  9. RonCFL Win User
    Ditto that ...
    Just make it better .. people will come .. no need to beg ..
    I swear , If MS block chrome browser on wds 10 , I will go back to Mac .Apple OS X 10.9.2 Mavericks

RonCFL, Oct 24, 2015
  10. larc919 Win User
    This!!!

Like the old saying: "Build a better mousetrap, and the world will beat a path to your door." Superior products — and browsers — will sell themselves.

larc919, Oct 24, 2015
  11. Far to unfinished for me: Although you can import bookmarks from another browser there seem no way to export & thereby save your bookmarks which ability is critical with bells on for me as I have have 1500+ of them - When using bookmarks they appear in reverse order & often on right hand side of the browser & overly large.

I can't use extensions such as Ghostery & I like a decent popup blocker etc.- I do like the clean look of Edge & far more than IE but it will be a long time before I ditch Chrome if ever as a primary browser. There are other browser alternatives which IMO are in front of Edge - Every other program I use & often buy are chosen on the programs merits & not what it will eventually be or because it's there or cool to use - My daughter adores Edge though, but probably visits half a dozen web sites a day not 100 or many more.

Though it has to be said MS are on to a good thing with Edge & it's already streets in front of what IE ever has been or could be.

Reflections, Oct 24, 2015
  12. I go on over 200 a day as well as other forum and have had no trouble getting on any of them with Edge.
    That is the only Browser I have on my laptop, even my grand daughter surf with Edge and in their words it is 'AWESOME' or 'COOL ' .

hTconeM9user, Oct 24, 2015
  13. BunnyJ New Member

I find that by forcing myself to use it the more I like it and find that it works fine for the sites I visit. Right now I'm using it for this site and a class in Java that I'm taking. Not a single issue to report with those sites.

Granted I need to use it more but I like the direction it's headed.

BunnyJ, Oct 24, 2015
  14. Cliff S New Member
    Hey Jeff, good morning first of all. Can you try downloading a picture with it, by "save as" and see if you get the picture or just a place holder like I do on Edge.

Cliff S, Oct 24, 2015
  15. I tried to force myself to use it yesterday

After using it for a couple of hours I had to give up, it just far too annoying to use and the features it does have are very clumsy

I want to use it (future) because of how it will sync between my devices, but I find it more annoying than any other browser I have used

paulsalter, Oct 24, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft: Windows 10 Users Should Say No to Chrome and Firefox - Similar Threads - Microsoft Users Should

2. Firefox and Chrome not working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Firefox and Chrome not working on Windows 10: Hello, i just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. I started it off with installing Firefox but when I try to launch it nothing happens. I looked at Task Manager and when I launch Firefox, 2 or 3 Firefox processes appear but they dissappear after 1 second. The same thing...
  3. Downloading chrome or firefox

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downloading chrome or firefox: My new laptops won't download chrome or firefox. I think Microsoft is doing this on purpose because I see threads going back at least 2 years with same problem and it hasn't been addressed. I now can't even get the "offline" programs. Any help with this? Should I just...
  4. Microsoft family and Google Chrome or Firefox Mozilla

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft family and Google Chrome or Firefox Mozilla: My son asks permission to use Google Chrome or Firefox Mozilla. I login to my Microsoft account and give the permission. But it still doesn't work in his account. Help! My son need google Chrome to learn....
  5. Avast and AVG Browser Extensions Spying On Chrome and Firefox Users

in Windows 10 News
    Avast and AVG Browser Extensions Spying On Chrome and Firefox Users: If your Firefox or Chrome browser has any of the below-listed four extensions offered by Avast and its subsidiary AVG installed, you should disable or remove them as soon as possible. - Avast Online Security - AVG Online Security - Avast SafePrice - AVG SafePrice Why? Because...
  6. Can't run Chrome or install Firefox when switching users

in Browsers and Email
    Can't run Chrome or install Firefox when switching users: New system I built. Everthing works fine until I switch users to my other account. I cannot download Firefox; absolutely nothing happens. Further, Chrome did install but running it, even as Admin, does absolutely nothing. Don't understand what could be going on. Thanks....
  7. Firefox vs Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox vs Chrome: I switched back to Google Chrome from firefox some months ago and it's been fine...However, i got curious *Wink today and decided to download Firefox again and play with it to see how it is now...One thing i did observe is that it does seem more snappy about loading in web...
  8. Help Microsoft has hijacked Firefox and Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help Microsoft has hijacked Firefox and Chrome: I am on windows 10 PRO (that I paid for no less) version 1709 (Build 16299.726), the last update to my machine was KB4090007. Now no matter what I do Chrome and Firefox ( even I.E and Edge) open to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/. I have set the start page in all browsers to...
  9. Help Microsoft has hijacked Firefox and Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help Microsoft has hijacked Firefox and Chrome: I am on windows 10 PRO (that I paid for no less) version 1709 (Build 16299.726), the last update to my machine was KB4090007. Now no matter what I do Chrome and Firefox ( even I.E and Edge) open to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/. I have set the start page in all browsers to...
  10. Flash crashing in Firefox and Chrome /Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Flash crashing in Firefox and Chrome /Windows 10: On Chrome nothing happens. Media loads but doesn't play. On Firefox it says Flash has crashed. I tried to disable the protected mode as Firefox Support suggests. My Windows 10 is quite buggy. 34093