Windows 10: Microsoft: Windows 10 Users Should Say No to Chrome and Firefox

Discus and support Microsoft: Windows 10 Users Should Say No to Chrome and Firefox in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; When it is complete it will be better than IE ever was but I will stick with Firefox at lease until that day comes. Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Gary Win User

Microsoft: Windows 10 Users Should Say No to Chrome and Firefox

When it is complete it will be better than IE ever was but I will stick with Firefox at lease until that day comes.

2. BunnyJ New Member

I still use FF but I'm phasing over to Edge more each day. There is a lot of good things going on in it, I think.

BunnyJ, Oct 24, 2015
  3. Removed due to breech of forum rules

scandal1981, Oct 24, 2015
  4. Winuser Win User

Edge is definitely coming along. I do like it but not enough to change. I'm back in Win 10 RTM now and I can still save images in Edge.

Winuser, Oct 24, 2015
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    I'm finding that I'm using Edge a bit more. There still is a need for FF.. but not that much really.

BunnyJ, Oct 24, 2015
  6. Edwin New Member
    Edge is so quirky!
    - why is it the only app you must click twice to resume mouse focus?
    - why does it show 'Import bookmarks' on the favorites bar for 10 seconds before loading your bookmarks?
    - why does it take 3 clicks to copy something from the address bar?
    - (there's more but I can't think of them all at the moment)

Edwin, Oct 24, 2015
  7. Tony K Win User
    Were you fooling around in the Registry again? *Wink

Tony K, Oct 24, 2015
  8. Edwin New Member

Nope. It's the way it behaves out of the box!

Edwin, Oct 24, 2015
  9. Here I say no to both Chrome and Edge as well as substitute the 64bit flavor variant of Firefox being Waterfox even for IE most of the time being the default browser. Yet the MS plans at dumping IE will fail since many sites as well as programs are geared to automatically open IE windows to arrive at their home sites!

Due to all that MS had to leave IE intact only without a shortcut being found on the Start tile area, Task bar, or a folder in the AllApps there but yet still found in the Program Files and Program Files)x86) folders! You simply click to pin the "iexplorer.exe" file for either or both the 32bit and/or 64bit flavors of IE 11 if you are not using any other alternate.

As for Edge that's hardly even out of the Alpha, Beta stages and far from an actual full featured browser to replace IE with! Here I couldn't barely arrange the bookmarks you could only import by way of IE which you first have to locate and pin before you can use that even! Smart thinking! MS put out a browser no one can even use and hide IE away?! Brilliant for dufus move! Cortana is the only thing there at moment that is even worth the look while many will be looking for some other 3rd party app for file searches on the local drives like the Everything app.

Night Hawk, Oct 24, 2015
  10. No not on mine it does not
    One click on it all and fast
    Mind you I only have Edge having got rid of IE11
    Have got no other Browser installed either so

hTconeM9user, Oct 24, 2015
  11. IE 11 still came preinstalled on 10 as it did on 8.1! You just have to pin a new shortcut for it to see it back again! As I was saying before MS is forced to keep IE onboard since too many softwares open IE windows automatically to their sites especially when first setting up a new program or when going to remove one if not for some update. With any trial wares that will automatically bring you to the purchase page with a new IE window.

Night Hawk, Oct 24, 2015
  12. I removed how brink has shown in his Tutorial but did it before he posted about it

hTconeM9user, Oct 24, 2015
  13. AlanWade Win User

Until Edge can do what Firefox does it stays in its wrapper. Like others support for addons and extensions is a must.

AlanWade, Oct 24, 2015
  14. Gary Win User
    All the time I was on Windows 7 I had IE removed. I have no use for it. Edge may be better when extensions are included.

15. gzt7d8 Win User
    Well, judging by the way that Chrome is unresponsive tonight, I'd say Microsoft is at work....LOL.

Seriously, Chrome won't load tonight but Edge does just fine. Looks like I'm using Edge tonight.

gzt7d8, Oct 25, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft: Windows 10 Users Should Say No to Chrome and Firefox - Similar Threads - Microsoft Users Should

2. Firefox and Chrome not working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Firefox and Chrome not working on Windows 10: Hello, i just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. I started it off with installing Firefox but when I try to launch it nothing happens. I looked at Task Manager and when I launch Firefox, 2 or 3 Firefox processes appear but they dissappear after 1 second. The same thing...
  3. Downloading chrome or firefox

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downloading chrome or firefox: My new laptops won't download chrome or firefox. I think Microsoft is doing this on purpose because I see threads going back at least 2 years with same problem and it hasn't been addressed. I now can't even get the "offline" programs. Any help with this? Should I just...
  4. Microsoft family and Google Chrome or Firefox Mozilla

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft family and Google Chrome or Firefox Mozilla: My son asks permission to use Google Chrome or Firefox Mozilla. I login to my Microsoft account and give the permission. But it still doesn't work in his account. Help! My son need google Chrome to learn....
  5. Avast and AVG Browser Extensions Spying On Chrome and Firefox Users

in Windows 10 News
    Avast and AVG Browser Extensions Spying On Chrome and Firefox Users: If your Firefox or Chrome browser has any of the below-listed four extensions offered by Avast and its subsidiary AVG installed, you should disable or remove them as soon as possible. - Avast Online Security - AVG Online Security - Avast SafePrice - AVG SafePrice Why? Because...
  6. Can't run Chrome or install Firefox when switching users

in Browsers and Email
    Can't run Chrome or install Firefox when switching users: New system I built. Everthing works fine until I switch users to my other account. I cannot download Firefox; absolutely nothing happens. Further, Chrome did install but running it, even as Admin, does absolutely nothing. Don't understand what could be going on. Thanks....
  7. Firefox vs Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox vs Chrome: I switched back to Google Chrome from firefox some months ago and it's been fine...However, i got curious *Wink today and decided to download Firefox again and play with it to see how it is now...One thing i did observe is that it does seem more snappy about loading in web...
  8. Help Microsoft has hijacked Firefox and Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help Microsoft has hijacked Firefox and Chrome: I am on windows 10 PRO (that I paid for no less) version 1709 (Build 16299.726), the last update to my machine was KB4090007. Now no matter what I do Chrome and Firefox ( even I.E and Edge) open to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/. I have set the start page in all browsers to...
  9. Help Microsoft has hijacked Firefox and Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help Microsoft has hijacked Firefox and Chrome: I am on windows 10 PRO (that I paid for no less) version 1709 (Build 16299.726), the last update to my machine was KB4090007. Now no matter what I do Chrome and Firefox ( even I.E and Edge) open to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/. I have set the start page in all browsers to...
  10. Flash crashing in Firefox and Chrome /Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Flash crashing in Firefox and Chrome /Windows 10: On Chrome nothing happens. Media loads but doesn't play. On Firefox it says Flash has crashed. I tried to disable the protected mode as Firefox Support suggests. My Windows 10 is quite buggy. 34093