Windows 10: Microsoft Windows 10 will not trigger screensaver or go into sleep mode automatically

Discus and support Microsoft Windows 10 will not trigger screensaver or go into sleep mode automatically in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Built a new PC in September and everything is working A+ with it, however I noticed a while back that it has stopped automatically going into sleep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ashleypenny, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Microsoft Windows 10 will not trigger screensaver or go into sleep mode automatically

Built a new PC in September and everything is working A+ with it, however I noticed a while back that it has stopped automatically going into sleep mode after it has been idle.

I've tried pretty much every guide and reddit post I can find to solve this, and nothing seems to work. It must be an application that is loading as windows boots as if I leave it on the lock screen it does go into sleep mode, however I've tried disabling everything in start-up and it still behaves this way.

I've tried resetting power settings, setting it to go off after 1 minute, I have no outstanding power requests showing in powershell, no wake timers. I've set sharing media to allow the computer to go to sleep, I've ran several malware removal tools, uninstalled everything I don't need etc. Is there any way I can get to the bottom of why the computer isn't going to sleep when it should? any log files that would explain why?

It's not critical I'd just rather not have to do it manually every time.

I've noticed that when setting screen saver this also does not trigger. Other than that no issues at all with the machine.

Some help would be appreciated!

:)

ashleypenny, Dec 6, 2020
  2. DwayneM Win User

Laptop Does Not Sleep Automatically/Screensaver never starts

My laptop does not sleep automatically...ever when connected to the Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard and Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Mouse with the laptop closed and connected to a Monitor. Here are my Power & sleep settings:

Microsoft Windows 10 will not trigger screensaver or go into sleep mode automatically [​IMG]

Also, no matter how long I leave my system untouched, the screensaver never starts. Here are those settings:

Microsoft Windows 10 will not trigger screensaver or go into sleep mode automatically [​IMG]

Any suggestions? I am under the assumption that resolving one issue would resolve both.

Here is the output of powercfg /lastwake, powercfg /requests, and powercfg /waketimers

The listed waketimer presumably is required by Acronis backup as I have a backup scheduled at 4am daily.

DwayneM, Dec 6, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft to push automatic Windows 10 upgrades in 2016

"Microsoft has announced that Windows 10 will be automatically rolled out next year to all users of its older operating systems who have selected to receive updates.

Until now, users of Windows 7 and 8 have needed to register to upgrade to Windows 10. But that's about to change: soon the OS will be listed as an 'Optional Update' and -- from 2016 -- a 'recommended' update that will automatically install itself, if users have opted to receive updates in that way.*Shadedshun :shadedshu:

You can opt out of automatic updates to avoid this, but Microsoftsays that "we strongly discourage this in today’s connected world because of the constant risk of internet threats". You can also change your Windows Update settings to install critical updates but not recommended ones. Although it's still going to be possible to avoid installation, Microsoft seems quite determined for everyone to be using Windows 10 in near future.

The roll-out of reserved updates was initially staggered but, according to Microsoft, now Windows "will automatically kick off the upgrade process once you have made a reservation".

As an intermediate stage, Microsoft says that it will "soon" publish Windows 10 as an optional update, not installed by default, but accessible to all users.
    "

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive...rade-to-be-rolled-out-automatically-next-year

P4-630, Dec 6, 2020
  4. SherryRG Win User

Microsoft Windows 10 will not trigger screensaver or go into sleep mode automatically

Photo Gallery screensaver won't allow "sleep" mode in Windows 10

I have Windows 10 and have imported the old Windows Photo Gallery, which works great. However, when I set it up as a screensaver and set Windows to go into "sleep" mode 20 or so minutes later, it never goes into "sleep" mode. The screensaver just keeps
    going, even all night long. I have set the screensaver to "bubbles," and "sleep" mode comes on as scheduled, so I'm guessing this must be the fault of Photo Gallery. Can this be fixed, or can I substitute another screensaver that might be built into my Windows
    10? If so, what would the name of it be?

Thank you.

SherryRG, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Windows 10 will not trigger screensaver or go into sleep mode automatically

1. Microsoft Windows 10 will not trigger screensaver or go into sleep mode automatically - Similar Threads - Microsoft trigger screensaver

2. My window is not able to go in the sleep mode automatically

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My window is not able to go in the sleep mode automatically: Windows isn't going in to the sleep mode automatically. Screen is always on. How can i get rid of this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-window-is-not-able-to-go-in-the-sleep-mode/ad67d04f-5a18-4e79-82c9-fd30bae07ff8
  3. My window is not able to go in the sleep mode automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My window is not able to go in the sleep mode automatically: Windows isn't going in to the sleep mode automatically. Screen is always on. How can i get rid of this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-window-is-not-able-to-go-in-the-sleep-mode/ad67d04f-5a18-4e79-82c9-fd30bae07ff8
  4. My window is not able to go in the sleep mode automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My laptop won't go into sleep mode automatically anymore and it can't display screensavers...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop won't go into sleep mode automatically anymore and it can't display screensavers...: I have a Dell Inspiron Ryzen 5 laptop for over two months now and it's been one of the best gifts I've received this year, with it being a powerhouse with 16GB of RAM and helping me out with games, homework and watching stuff! Though for some reason it can no longer go into...
  6. My laptop won't go into sleep mode automatically anymore and it can't display screensavers...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop won't go into sleep mode automatically anymore and it can't display screensavers...: I have a Dell Inspiron Ryzen 5 laptop for over two months now and it's been one of the best gifts I've received this year, with it being a powerhouse with 16GB of RAM and helping me out with games, homework and watching stuff! Though for some reason it can no longer go into...
  7. Hibernate mode only trigger sleep mode

Hibernate mode only trigger sleep mode: ***moved on english forum***Hi, Sometimes, when I try to activate the hibernation mode for my computer, it only triggers the sleep mode : when I move the mouse it switches on the screen.It happens when/after charging up.Can you help me ?Thanks for your answer,ClementPS : here...
  8. Microsoft Windows 10 won't go into sleep mode

Microsoft Windows 10 won't go into sleep mode: I have this problem since long time, the problem is simple, I want to manually put my computer to sleep, I can use Hibernation without problems, but even if I put my PC to automatically go to sleep, it would just go into hibernation, if I click on sleep it goes into...
  9. Microsoft Windows 10 won't go into sleep mode

Microsoft Windows 10 won't go into sleep mode: As I noticed from a certain time to this day, I have an Anker Computer Keyboard, on that keyboard there is a sleep button with a moon above it... but nowadays when I press the button or if I even click on sleep on windows 10 start menu, the computer goes into hibernation. I...
  10. Microsoft Windows 10 won't go into sleep mode

Microsoft Windows 10 won't go into sleep mode: As I noticed from a certain time to this day, I have an Anker Computer Keyboard, on that keyboard there is a sleep button with a moon above it... but nowadays when I press the button or if I even click on sleep on windows 10 start menu, the computer goes into hibernation. I...