Windows 10: Microsoft Windows 10 won't boot up after changed new graphics card

Discus and support Microsoft Windows 10 won't boot up after changed new graphics card in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I got the problem with a new graphics card change. After new graphics card installed, turn on the computer. I can see BIOS logo and Windows logo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PJoe2018, Sep 18, 2018.

1. PJoe2018 Win User

Microsoft Windows 10 won't boot up after changed new graphics card

I got the problem with a new graphics card change. After new graphics card installed, turn on the computer. I can see BIOS logo and Windows logo loading, then I can see the Windows login screen (Standard resolution) and then change to black screen forever. ( I think Windows 10 detected new hardware and automatically update new drivers from the Internet)

I tried to test the new graphics card working in my system or not. Unplug my current hard drive and put a new hard drive. ( My current hard drive has a lot of graphic design software such as Microvellum, SQL server, AutoCAD, Photoshop... ) Then I install Windows 10 operating system and successfully install new graphics card driver and working perfectly.

Proven no hardware issues but I can't reinstall all graphic design software.

I also tried to safe mode for the graphics card driver installation but still doesn't work. Same problem: show BIOS logo, Windows logo loading and then black screen forever.

Any solution for this case?

Computer Details:

Intel i7-6700K

32GB RAM

500GB SSD

AMD Radeon RX 480 graphics card --> Change to NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

900W PSU

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Join domain to an Active Directory Windows server.

:)

PJoe2018, Sep 18, 2018

2. Windows won,t recognise that i have changed my graphics card

Hi

I tried to put widows 10 on my PC but i was informed that my Nvidia 7300 graphics card was not compatible so i have changed my card to a Nvidia 610 which is, everything on the computer recognizes the new card and it is working fine now when i try to upgrade
    microsoft still thinks i have the 7300 card and won,t allow me to download it, what do i need to do.

Thanks Peter

Peter Bracewell, Sep 18, 2018
  3. Windows won,t recognise that i have changed my graphics card

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are unable to upgrade to Windows 10 with the new graphic card, let us know with the following to assist you better:

• What exactly happens when you click on upgrade?
    • Were you able to see any error message/ error notification?
    • Which is the current Operating System?

Reply to the post with required information, we will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 18, 2018
  4. Microsoft Windows 10 won't boot up after changed new graphics card

microsoft store games won`t play

when I download a game from the Microsoft store it won`t play

the splash screen appears then goes

I have a core i5 with an nvidivia graphics card I tb hdd and 8 gb ram

I have tried the diagnostic for microsoft store and it say cache may need fixing.

garrywilliams1, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Windows 10 won't boot up after changed new graphics card

1. Microsoft Windows 10 won't boot up after changed new graphics card - Similar Threads - Microsoft won't boot

2. New graphics card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    New graphics card: Hello so i want to buy a new graphics card for gaming and streaming. Generally i play light games like Valorant, Wow, and rpg games. My budget is on 300€. I have this one in mind Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 Gaming OC (rev. 2.0) but people tell me its for professional...
  3. Changing graphics card?

Changing graphics card?: Desktop PC with Windows 10 pro build 20h2 19042.964,, AMD Ryzen 7 1700x, 32 gig ram, 8 core. I plan to take my old gforce graphics card out of the system and replace it with a much better GTX 1650 super. I need to know if I should uninstall the old graphics card drivers then...
  4. Changing graphics card?

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing graphics card?: Desktop PC with Windows 10 pro build 20h2 19042.964,, AMD Ryzen 7 1700x, 32 gig ram, 8 core. I plan to take my old gforce graphics card out of the system and replace it with a much better GTX 1650 super. I need to know if I should uninstall the old graphics card drivers then...
  5. New Graphics Card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New Graphics Card: I recently installed a GTX 1050 TI card. When I turned on my PC, the screen was brighter then normal. It's not a big issue, but it's definitely annoying. I tried adjusting the settings on my monitor, calibrating the color, and everything else I could find. I'd really...
  6. New graphics card

New graphics card: I installed an Nvidia graphics card and got the error "cannot find the path specified" The driver software I downloaded won't finish because the computer isn't seeing it. How can I resolve this?...
  7. Windows won't boot after adding second graphics card or enabling iGPU

Windows won't boot after adding second graphics card or enabling iGPU: Here is my system info: Windows 10 pro 64 - ver 1809 - build 17763.195 i7-8700 Asus Prime Z390-A motherboard 64GB (4x16) Ripjaws V series DDR4 2666 CL15 2 x ADATA XPG SX6000Pro 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 M.2 2280 NVMe drives (RAID 1) PNY Quadro P2000 graphics card PNY Quadro...
  8. New Graphics Card

New Graphics Card: Hi,I have just ordered the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon™ RX 580 8GD5 Special Edition and was wondering if it will work on my motherboard as it says the card uses the UEFI BIOS and my BIOS is an old Legacy BIOS (Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 rev. 1.2)?Thanks, if it won't work which GPU would...
  9. change of graphics card

change of graphics card: A couple of weeks ago I found that I required a passively cooled graphics card for another pc . This pc had an Nvidia 610 which filled the bill. I uninstalled the drivers and fitted my spare Radeon 5670. I installed the 5670 drivers and the card is recognised in device...
  10. After Creators Update - Won't boot with graphics card driver installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Creators Update - Won't boot with graphics card driver installed: As the title suggests, I allowed the creators update to install itself yesterday and now the computer will get stuck whilst booting. I took the graphics card out and used the onboard graphics and it then booted fine. Uninstalled the graphics drivers and rebooted with graphics...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 wont boot with new video card

2. windows 10 wont boot after new graphic card

3. changed graphic card and now system wont boot

4. windows wont recognise rx 550 drivers