Windows 10: Microsoft Windows 11 prompt to sign in and sync - How to turn it off?

Discus and support Microsoft Windows 11 prompt to sign in and sync - How to turn it off? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, with some difficulty, I figured out how to set up my Windows 11 PC so that I only use my computer locally, and only enter my credentials. Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NoMonkeyBusiness, Feb 7, 2023.

1. Microsoft Windows 11 prompt to sign in and sync - How to turn it off?

Hi, with some difficulty, I figured out how to set up my Windows 11 PC so that I only use my computer locally, and only enter my credentials. Microsoft calls this a "local account", in that I am using my PC independent of Microsoft connectivity.So breaking down what I consider is a privacy issue: I feel, strongly that Microsoft oversteps computer owners' privacy with programmed promotional prompts. The prompt in question, below, is akin to opening the door of my house, unsolicited, stepping over my sill, and forcing me to deal with a stranger's action; an advance. I get an unsolicited noti

:)

NoMonkeyBusiness, Feb 7, 2023
  2. Brink Win User

You can now sign-in and sync favorites with Microsoft Edge on Linux

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...ft/m-p/2230134

Brink, Feb 7, 2023
  3. Windows 10 Microsoft account sign in option prompt

Hi Jojo,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1:

• I suggest you to restore the power plans to default and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the following command in the Command Prompt window and press
      Enter.

powercfg –restoredefaultschemes

• Wait for process to complete.
    • Close the Command prompt window.
    Note: Resetting the power plan settings to default will delete all customized power plans.

If the issue still persist, try the below method.

Method 2.

You can also follow the below steps to create a new user account.

• Press the Windows key + R on the keyboard.

• Type netplwiz and press Enter.

• Click on Add
      button and click on Sign in without a Microsoft account.

• Enter the user name, keep the password blank and follow the onscreen instruction.

Hope it helps. Please post in case you have any further issues, we will be glad to help you further.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 7, 2023
  4. Microsoft Windows 11 prompt to sign in and sync - How to turn it off?

Can no longer sign into my Microsoft account on my Windows 8 phone, cannot download/update apps, sync to skyDrive. Error code 80048823

You shouldn't need to turn off two step verification to get your Windows Phone to work. Instead, you'll need to ensure you use an "app password" when you sign in.

If you turned on two-step verification for your Microsoft account, you will have to perform an extra step to sign in on Windows Phone. Windows Phone can't prompt you to enter a security code when you try to sign in. Therefore, you'll have to create a unique
    app password to use when signing into Windows Phone with a Microsoft account that has two-step verification turned on.

To create a unique app password for your Microsoft account, go here:

For more information, see the following Microsoft account help and how-to article:

Mike Mongeau, Feb 7, 2023
Thema:

Microsoft Windows 11 prompt to sign in and sync - How to turn it off?

1. Microsoft Windows 11 prompt to sign in and sync - How to turn it off? - Similar Threads - Microsoft prompt sign

2. turn off password for signing in to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    turn off password for signing in to windows 11: turn off password for signing in to window https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-password-for-signing-in-to-windows-11/84d52c9a-2152-4a2b-bcf1-da8aca778bc4
  3. turn off password for signing in to windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    turn off password for signing in to windows 11: turn off password for signing in to window https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-password-for-signing-in-to-windows-11/84d52c9a-2152-4a2b-bcf1-da8aca778bc4
  4. Microsoft Windows 11 prompt to sign in and sync - How to turn it off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Windows 11 prompt to sign in and sync - How to turn it off?: Hi, with some difficulty, I figured out how to set up my Windows 11 PC so that I only use my computer locally, and only enter my credentials. Microsoft calls this a "local account", in that I am using my PC independent of Microsoft connectivity.So breaking down what I...
  5. Microsoft Mail - Syncing Won't Turn Off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Mail - Syncing Won't Turn Off: Using the Mail app for Windows 10 I've always been able to turn off "Email Sync" in the account settings, but now I found out that it is not possible any more with pop3 emails. I turn it off, save, and when I go back, it is turned on. I've seen someone suggest to "repair the...
  6. Microsoft Mail - Syncing Won't Turn Off

Microsoft Mail - Syncing Won't Turn Off: Using the Mail app for Windows 10 I've always been able to turn off "Email Sync" in the account settings, but now I found out that it is not possible any more with pop3 emails. I turn it off, save, and when I go back, it is turned on. I've seen someone suggest to "repair the...
  7. Microsoft Sign in turned off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Sign in turned off: My microsoft sign in says: this username has been turned-off for sign in. Try a different one. I can not get into my email or account information. How can I fix this?...
  8. Windows keeps syncing with syncing turned OFF

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows keeps syncing with syncing turned OFF: Windows 10 syncing is turned off, the cache in Onedrive is deleted, but Windows keeps syncing the wallpaper between my two computers and I do not want that. How can I force Windows to stop syncing while it is already turned off???...
  9. Microsoft Mail - Syncing Won't Turn Off

Microsoft Mail - Syncing Won't Turn Off: Using the native Microsoft Mail app, I've always been able to turn off mail syncing so that my wife and I can read / delete email independently on our iPhones POP3 setup without causing the mail to be deleted / read on our home computer. All iDevices are set to never delete...
  10. How to turn off Windows 10 login prompt

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to turn off Windows 10 login prompt: I bought Office 365 this month for my desktop pc running Windows 10 this month. However, ever since that happened, I'm now required to login to my laptop Windows 10 pc every time it powers up. Both pc's are registered to Microsoft with the same email id. How do I turn...