Windows 10: Microsoft Windows 8.2 Scheduled For January 2014

Discus and support Microsoft Windows 8.2 Scheduled For January 2014 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; http://www.nextpowerup.com/news/5464...uary-2014.html Microsoft Windows 8.2 Scheduled For January 2014 Although Windows 8.1 was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by theog, Nov 20, 2013.

1. theog Win User

Microsoft Windows 8.2 Scheduled For January 2014

http://www.nextpowerup.com/news/5464...uary-2014.html

http://www.decryptedtech.com/news/wi...-real-or-troll

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-8...es-coming.html

:)

theog, Nov 20, 2013
  2. Mike232# Win User

Can't turn Window 7 backup off in Window 10.

A funny thing happened on the way to the Forum.

Apparently Microsoft found this error and corrected it during an update. Even though I was scheduled for a Windows 7 backup every Sunday, updates stopped on January 31, were automatically turned off on that date, and all my Windows 7 backups since January
    14 were deleted.

Now I am scheduled for hourly Windows 10 backups. However, there was an error message on January 13 and there were no Windows 10 backups after that date.

I ran a manual Windows 10 backup and I will watch to see if I can restart automatic backups.

Mike232#, Nov 20, 2013
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Bluetooth problems

Some older Microsoft devices are no longer supported in Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center; however, they are still supported by the IntelliPoint 8.2/IntelliType Pro 8.2 software.

If your device is not supported by Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center software, use the Control Panel to uninstall it, and then reinstall the IntelliPoint/IntelliType Pro software.

You can use the following links to download the IntelliPoint software for your computer:

Should you have further queries, feel free to post it.

Eric Ber, Nov 20, 2013
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there
    If Windows 7 is not to become the "new XP" as others have called it then Ms needs to split Windows up into Consumer and Business (possibly also with Mobile as another category too). Businesses can't change OS's like consumers can - let's try it on a Sunday morning -- nope don't like it or doesn't work properly- restore previous OS. Businesses also have loads of applications written by outside companies (for example SAP ERP software or Oracle stuff) which also need to be tested to ensure they run on new versions of Windows and / or IE as well. This testing can take years, is costly and very time consuming.
    The recent debacle over Windows 8 ==> Windows 8.1 probably ensures that companies will stay on W7 for YEARS and those still in the process of upgrading from XP will have NO incentive whatsoever to upgrade to the latest version of Windows if they know or even think they will have to do another upgrade shortly afterwards.

I hope that Windows 9 will be introduced in a timely manner incorporating the different needs of business, consumers and mobile users.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Nov 22, 2013
  5. LittleJay Win User
    Fingers crossed. *Biggrin

LittleJay, Nov 22, 2013
  6. @ Jimbo, There already is an Enterprise Version so I'm guessing you think they should strip some stuff out, or maybe put something back in? If they put the classic start menu back in that might make it more usable for your typical cubical dweller. I would think the IT guy or gal could lock the Enterprise version down to prevent installing Metro Apps etc. They could also lock you out from installing the next 8.X update on your own.

alphanumeric, Dec 12, 2013
  7. I believe this is possible, i could be wrong but it is possible to block all apps, specific apps or even white list apps.

The end user would get a message saying the app has been blocked by the administrator.

EDIT:
    In fact there is a whole page on it here:
    http://www.grouppolicy.biz/2012/08/h...-group-policy/

Regards,
    Jamie

JDobbsy1987, Dec 12, 2013
  8. Microsoft Windows 8.2 Scheduled For January 2014

gpedit was how I figured it would be done. I've played around with it in the past. There are a tone of settings in there to play with. You can really much things up if your not careful.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Windows 8.2 Scheduled For January 2014 - Similar Threads - Microsoft Scheduled January

2. After automatic latest Windows 10 update today January 12th 2014 impossible to connect to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After automatic latest Windows 10 update today January 12th 2014 impossible to connect to...: After an automatic Windows 10 update, it is impossible to connect to internet it was working before. I get network connected BUT with no internet neither through Wifi nor through wired Ethernet connection, firewall has been turned-off also, but internet connectivity problem...
  3. After automatic latest Windows 10 update today January 12th 2014 impossible to connect to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After automatic latest Windows 10 update today January 12th 2014 impossible to connect to...: After an automatic Windows 10 update, it is impossible to connect to internet it was working before. I get network connected BUT with no internet neither through Wifi nor through wired Ethernet connection, firewall has been turned-off also, but internet connectivity problem...
  4. After automatic latest Windows 10 update today January 12th 2014 impossible to connect to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How to open surface 8- 2014 model

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to open surface 8- 2014 model: I can not open my surface 8 with the last password I used. I have tried 22 other possibilities and can not access my computer. Therefore can not use internet to ask questions on the Surface. Now what?...
  6. How to open surface 8- 2014 model

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to open surface 8- 2014 model: I can not open my surface 8 with the last password I used. I have tried 22 other possibilities and can not access my computer. Therefore can not use internet to ask questions on the Surface. Now what?...
  7. Windows 10 2014

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 2014: I have been trying to update to built 2004, but keep getting this error message: 0x8000fff. When I check my version, it says Windows Home 2004, 9/20/2020 OS build 19041.1. The 3 updates show up when I check for updates, the .NET Framework and the Flash Player always end with...
  8. New Microsoft Edge app version released for Android - January 2

in Windows 10 News
    New Microsoft Edge app version released for Android - January 2: Microsoft Edge is the fast, safe web browser that gives you one continuous browsing experience from your Android phone to your Windows 10 device. Once you’ve linked your phone, your stuff will sync in the background, so you can browse wherever you like without skipping a...
  9. New Microsoft Edge app 42.9.3 version for iOS - January 8

in Windows 10 News
    New Microsoft Edge app 42.9.3 version for iOS - January 8: Microsoft Edge, now available on iOS, creates one continuous browsing experience for Windows 10 users across their devices. Content and data sync seamlessly in the background, so users can browse across devices, without skipping a beat. Familiar Microsoft Edge features like...
  10. 2 Task Scheduler questions

in Windows 10 Support
    2 Task Scheduler questions: A shortcut address of Task Scheduler is %windir%\system32\taskschd.msc /s. 1. What does the /s do? 2. How can I make a shortcut to open Task Scheduler to Task Scheduler Library/XUAC (or other subdirectory)? 84328