Windows 10: Microsoft: Windows 9 Doesn’t Have a Name Yet

Discus and support Microsoft: Windows 9 Doesn’t Have a Name Yet in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is set to break the news on Windows 9 next week, during a press event in San Francisco, and although lots of details have surfaced in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Sep 23, 2014.

1. labeeman Win User

Microsoft: Windows 9 Doesn’t Have a Name Yet

More

A name change for this forum?

labeeman, Sep 23, 2014
  2. lehnerus2000 Win User

It would be another MS pointless change, if they changed the name of the desktop/laptop version.

There might be a benefit if they changed the name for phones/tablets (Surface?).

:)

lehnerus2000, Sep 24, 2014
  3. Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP] Win User
    Windows 10 update icon on task bar

They had to skip names that have 9 in them so that old programs from the 1990's and 2000's years don't crash. Back then a lot of programs checked the version and if they see a 9, they think it's Windows 95 or 98 and crash, so they can't use names with 9
    in them anymore without breaking those programs. And since a lot of people like to use all those old programs (no reason to stop if they still work), Microsoft has decided not to break them.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Sep 24, 2014
  4. [Epstein] Win User

how to use "find in page" in Lumia 800?????

The "Forward" and "Find on page" is not available. I found he following on some website, you might want to try it.

Forward

• Go to Internet Explorer 9 Mobile, tap the “…” to bring up the menu, and tap “add to favorites” (it doesn’t matter which website you do it on)
    • Change the “Name” field to “Forward” (or to make it stay at the top of the list, use “! Forward”)
    • Change the “Web address” field to the following code:

javascript:history.forward()
    Find On Page

• Go to Internet Explorer 9 Mobile, tap the “…” to bring up the menu, and tap “add to favorites” (it doesn’t matter which website you do it on)
    • Change the “Name” field to “Find on page” (or to make it stay at the top of the list, use “! Find on page”)
    • Change the “Web address” field to the following code (use Copy and Paste on your phone!):

P.S.

I can't paste the code here. I sent you the link via PM.

[Epstein], Sep 24, 2014
  5. LEE
    Lee Win User
    either or makes no difference to me I will play around with it any way, and if I like it run it as my main OS. . .*Thumbs

6. BunnyJ New Member
    I for one find it hard to believe that any company with a product release coming in less than a week doesn't have the produced named already. IMO, it's just more BS from that sight to keep the hit's going to their site. MS has a name picked out... will they make it known before 9/30. No.. but I bet they have named it.

J...

BunnyJ, Sep 24, 2014
  7. labeeman Win User

*Ditto

labeeman, Sep 24, 2014
  8. alphanumeric New Member

The Operating System Formally Known As Windows 9? With a new and improved version of The Interface Formally Known As Metro. Now endorsed by the artist formally know as..... *Tongue

alphanumeric, Sep 24, 2014
  9. dougout Win User
    "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet"

dougout, Sep 24, 2014
  10. Rickkins Win User
    I like it. I like it a lot.... although I still think "WindowPanes" could be phantabulous.....

C'mon, I can't be the only one...*Dinesh*What

Rickkins, Sep 24, 2014
  11. MilesAhead Win User
    PaneInTheAss may be a contender if the incorporate the slow copy of Vista with the broken glass of W8. *Wink'

MilesAhead, Sep 24, 2014
  12. Coke Robot Win User
    It's probably Windows 9.

Coke Robot, Sep 25, 2014
  13. Pendaws Win User

A good name might be, "better than before, Windows 9" *Smile

Pendaws, Sep 29, 2014
  14. Indianatone Win User
    Actually it is Windows Ten

Microsoft: Windows 9 Doesn’t Have a Name Yet 5279d1485948092t-microsoft-windows-9-doesn-t-have-name-yet-windoiws-ten.png

Indianatone, Sep 29, 2014
  15. alphanumeric New Member
    It's Windows two in binary. *Zip

alphanumeric, Sep 29, 2014
Thema:

1. Microsoft: Windows 9 Doesn’t Have a Name Yet - Similar Threads - Microsoft Doesn’t Name

2. Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration.: A brand new pc, i used the flash drive to instal the Windows 10 (using the media tool provided by windows). Since the first stages of setting up cortana and my name on the pc and the product key information, there has been no internet access on my pc. I cant even activate...
  3. 1 user only yet have multiple Account Names and Logon IDs in Event Log

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    1 user only yet have multiple Account Names and Logon IDs in Event Log: Hello everyone. I look forward to learning more about Windows 10 and my computer. I was looking at the event log under security and I noticed I have multiple Account Names and Logon Id - see below Security ID: SYSTEM Account Name: HENDERSON$ Account Domain: WORKGROUP...
  4. Don't have Creator's Update Yet

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Don't have Creator's Update Yet: I find it strange that I haven't been prompted to install the Creator's Update yet. KB4013214 installed about a month ago and I thought that was the precursor to installing CU. Is this unusual or common? 88516
  5. Windows 9 - Lets have BORDERLESS windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 9 - Lets have BORDERLESS windows: Hi there For some applications I'd really love to have RE-SIZEABLE but BORDERLESS windows -- I.E no title etc. For Office too this would be good with a right mouse click (or touch if you are using touch) to access a context menu. For Metro apps borderless windows make...
  6. Windows 9 may have a new kernel

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 may have a new kernel: http://itsfoss.com/linus-torvalds-to-join-microsoft/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed: ItsFoss (Its FOSS! An Open Source Blog) This one's fascinating, the Father of Linux was recently hired on by Microsoft to build a new kernel for Windows (maybe 9)...
  7. Microsoft's monumental task in Windows 9

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft's monumental task in Windows 9: Interesting Read. http://www.techrepublic.com/article/...back-the-base/
  8. Metro 2.0 Not Yet Ready in Windows 9, Full Focus on the...

in Windows 10 News
    Metro 2.0 Not Yet Ready in Windows 9, Full Focus on the...: Now it’s a sure thing that Microsoft is going to significantly improve the desktop in Windows 9, but according to sources that revealed some of the other features to be part of this release, the Metro interface is also expected to get a major overhaul as well. The...
  9. Microsoft Could Launch Windows 9 as “Windows”

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Could Launch Windows 9 as “Windows”: Windows 9 is already on the radar, and Microsoft could introduce the very first beta of this operating system later this month, but it appears that the company is actually preparing something that’s as surprising as it is unexpected. Starting with Windows 9, the company...
  10. Official Windows 9 Preview Name Revealed

in Windows 10 News
    Official Windows 9 Preview Name Revealed: Windows 9 is very likely to get its very first preview build late next month, but officially speaking, little is known so far about what’s expected to let us catch a glimpse of Microsoft’s Windows game changer. According to rumors however, Windows 9 Preview could see...