Windows 10: Microsoft: Windows 9 Doesn’t Have a Name Yet

Discus and support Microsoft: Windows 9 Doesn’t Have a Name Yet in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is set to break the news on Windows 9 next week, during a press event in San Francisco, and although lots of details have surfaced in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Sep 23, 2014.

1. labeeman Win User

Microsoft: Windows 9 Doesn’t Have a Name Yet

More

A name change for this forum?

labeeman, Sep 23, 2014

2. It would be another MS pointless change, if they changed the name of the desktop/laptop version.

There might be a benefit if they changed the name for phones/tablets (Surface?).

:)

lehnerus2000, Sep 24, 2014
  3. Windows 10 update icon on task bar

They had to skip names that have 9 in them so that old programs from the 1990's and 2000's years don't crash. Back then a lot of programs checked the version and if they see a 9, they think it's Windows 95 or 98 and crash, so they can't use names with 9
    in them anymore without breaking those programs. And since a lot of people like to use all those old programs (no reason to stop if they still work), Microsoft has decided not to break them.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Sep 24, 2014
  4. [Epstein] Win User

how to use "find in page" in Lumia 800?????

The "Forward" and "Find on page" is not available. I found he following on some website, you might want to try it.

Forward

• Go to Internet Explorer 9 Mobile, tap the “…” to bring up the menu, and tap “add to favorites” (it doesn’t matter which website you do it on)
    • Change the “Name” field to “Forward” (or to make it stay at the top of the list, use “! Forward”)
    • Change the “Web address” field to the following code:

javascript:history.forward()
    Find On Page

• Go to Internet Explorer 9 Mobile, tap the “…” to bring up the menu, and tap “add to favorites” (it doesn’t matter which website you do it on)
    • Change the “Name” field to “Find on page” (or to make it stay at the top of the list, use “! Find on page”)
    • Change the “Web address” field to the following code (use Copy and Paste on your phone!):

P.S.

I can't paste the code here. I sent you the link via PM.

[Epstein], Sep 24, 2014
  5. LEE
    Lee Win User
    either or makes no difference to me I will play around with it any way, and if I like it run it as my main OS. . .*Thumbs

6. BunnyJ New Member
    I for one find it hard to believe that any company with a product release coming in less than a week doesn't have the produced named already. IMO, it's just more BS from that sight to keep the hit's going to their site. MS has a name picked out... will they make it known before 9/30. No.. but I bet they have named it.

J...

BunnyJ, Sep 24, 2014
  7. labeeman Win User

*Ditto

labeeman, Sep 24, 2014
  8. Microsoft: Windows 9 Doesn’t Have a Name Yet

The Operating System Formally Known As Windows 9? With a new and improved version of The Interface Formally Known As Metro. Now endorsed by the artist formally know as..... *Tongue

alphanumeric, Sep 24, 2014
  9. dougout Win User
    "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet"

dougout, Sep 24, 2014
  10. Rickkins Win User
    I like it. I like it a lot.... although I still think "WindowPanes" could be phantabulous.....

C'mon, I can't be the only one...*Dinesh*What

Rickkins, Sep 24, 2014
  11. PaneInTheAss may be a contender if the incorporate the slow copy of Vista with the broken glass of W8. *Wink'

MilesAhead, Sep 24, 2014
  12. It's probably Windows 9.

Coke Robot, Sep 25, 2014
  13. Pendaws Win User

A good name might be, "better than before, Windows 9" *Smile

Pendaws, Sep 29, 2014
  14. Actually it is Windows Ten

Microsoft: Windows 9 Doesn’t Have a Name Yet 5279d1485948092t-microsoft-windows-9-doesn-t-have-name-yet-windoiws-ten.png

Indianatone, Sep 29, 2014
  15. It's Windows two in binary. *Zip

alphanumeric, Sep 29, 2014
Thema:

1. Microsoft: Windows 9 Doesn’t Have a Name Yet - Similar Threads - Microsoft Doesn’t Name

2. My ssd doesn’t have a windows folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My ssd doesn’t have a windows folder: My pc had a blue screen at first but now after 2-3 time of restarting the pc it just keeps on turning on and turning off again . Now when I have used a usb with windows on it the windows folder is not showing on the ssd I also have hidden files enabled Thanks...
  3. My ssd doesn’t have a windows folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My ssd doesn’t have a windows folder: My pc had a blue screen at first but now after 2-3 time of restarting the pc it just keeps on turning on and turning off again . Now when I have used a usb with windows on it the windows folder is not showing on the ssd I also have hidden files enabled Thanks...
  4. Microsoft W-9

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft W-9: We get billed by invoice from Microsoft for licensing and need to have a W-9 on file for tax purposes. Can someone tell me where to find a W-9 from Microsoft so that we can have this on file?I don't need a blank form, I need one that is filled out by Microsoft so that we can...
  5. Microsoft W-9

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft W-9: We get billed by invoice from Microsoft for licensing and need to have a W-9 on file for tax purposes. Can someone tell me where to find a W-9 from Microsoft so that we can have this on file?I don't need a blank form, I need one that is filled out by Microsoft so that we can...
  6. Microsoft works 9

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft works 9: When I try to change font or size of print on the letter I'm typing, the letter disappears. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-works-9/42497ca4-d6eb-4a36-8370-8cc76b41d9cf
  7. PC doesn’t have windows store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC doesn’t have windows store: Hey everyone! I just got a PC and I had been playing some games but when I went to go download a game (Minecraft Windows 10 Edition) it didn’t download cause I don’t have the actual app on my PC. I’ve tried every tutorial, I’ve contacted support, and rebooted my entire PC...
  8. microsoft works (9)

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    microsoft works (9): I have a dell computer which I purchased with windows 7 but I upgraded it to windows 10. I have the original Microsoft works disk. Will it work on a new dell computer windows 10? Or do I need to spend money on office 365. I only use a word processor and spread sheet. Your...
  9. Metro 2.0 Not Yet Ready in Windows 9, Full Focus on the...

in Windows 10 News
    Metro 2.0 Not Yet Ready in Windows 9, Full Focus on the...: Now it’s a sure thing that Microsoft is going to significantly improve the desktop in Windows 9, but according to sources that revealed some of the other features to be part of this release, the Metro interface is also expected to get a major overhaul as well. The...
  10. Official Windows 9 Preview Name Revealed

in Windows 10 News
    Official Windows 9 Preview Name Revealed: Windows 9 is very likely to get its very first preview build late next month, but officially speaking, little is known so far about what’s expected to let us catch a glimpse of Microsoft’s Windows game changer. According to rumors however, Windows 9 Preview could see...