Windows 10: Microsoft Windows App "Your Phone" - Disable Text Message Preview on Banner

Discus and support Microsoft Windows App "Your Phone" - Disable Text Message Preview on Banner in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I recently downloaded the "Your Phone" app to my computer and have been able to receive all notifications and messages without a problem.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ebelt915, Jun 12, 2020.

1. ebelt915 Win User

Microsoft Windows App "Your Phone" - Disable Text Message Preview on Banner

Hi,

I recently downloaded the "Your Phone" app to my computer and have been able to receive all notifications and messages without a problem. However, is there a way to hide/disable the entiretext message preview from the notification banner that shows up on the computer? On my phone it usually just shows up as "New Message" and shows the sender, but on the computer it shows me the entire contents of the message. Is there a way to disable that without disabling the notification as a whole?

Thanks!

:)

ebelt915, Jun 12, 2020
  2. DGinz Win User

Not getting text messages notifications banners from Your Phone App

Hello,

I have setup Your Phone App. I get notification banners from emails and WhatsApp messages and every notification that pops on my phone is showing as a banner on my windows computer as expected, but for some reason no matter what I do I cant get notification
    banners from regular text messages.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

DGinz, Jun 12, 2020
  3. DGinz Win User

Hi Greg,

I tried using Google messages app and I tried Textra and I tried the default Samsung texting app. None of them are showing as banners on my windows computer. All other notifications are working properly with no issues showing banner notifications as soon
    as I get them on my phone. I do see my text messages in the Your Phone app messages page just not as banner notification which is the reason I installed this app.

Thanks for your help on this, this is very frustrating.

DGinz, Jun 12, 2020
  4. DGinz Win User

Hi Greg, Thanks for the response. I did choose under settings to get notifications banners. I'm getting notification banners from everything else (WhatsApp, emails, and all other notifications) except text messages.

Text messages are the only messages I'm not seeing notification banners from.

I'm also seeing the new text messages on the notification tab in the Your Phone App, just can't get the banners to work.

I'm using Samsung Galaxy S10, Could that be an issue?

Thanks

DGinz, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft Windows App "Your Phone" - Disable Text Message Preview on Banner - Similar Threads - Microsoft App Phone

2. Forwarding text messages with the your phone app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forwarding text messages with the your phone app: I have Your Phone installed with Windows 10, I just installed the latest update and was hoping it would include an option to forward messages. I am still not seeing it, it seems unlikely that Microsoft would skip such a basic feature, so I am wondering if I am just not...
  3. Forwarding text messages with the your phone app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forwarding text messages with the your phone app: I have Your Phone installed with Windows 10, I just installed the latest update and was hoping it would include an option to forward messages. I am still not seeing it, it seems unlikely that Microsoft would skip such a basic feature, so I am wondering if I am just not...
  4. Your Phone App - How to hard return text line in Message Text Box

Your Phone App - How to hard return text line in Message Text Box: Team, In the Your Phone app, how to hard return text line in Message Text Box?I wish to do a hard return / start a new line in the Message text box for my texts.Thank you, Stephen *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  5. Your Phone App disabled

Your Phone App disabled: When I open your phone app it shows this message how to unblock it[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-phone-app-disabled/753b198a-bfd2-44af-b2e0-caf04548ce69
  6. Your Phone app: text messaging

Your Phone app: text messaging: I installed Your Phone app on my pc Windows 10 & Your Phone Companion on my android 9 Moto X4 phone. Everything is synched & working except I cannot send texts from the pc. I can receive texts on the pc, & when I send a text from my phone, the text is mirrored on the pc's...
  7. No text message notifications in Your Phone app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No text message notifications in Your Phone app: I set up the Your Phone app with my Galaxy S9 and it mostly works, I can see photos, make calls, I've enabled notification access in the phone's permission settings, and I can send and receive texts and system-related notifications. The battery optimization exception setting...
  8. "Your Phone" app showing text messages but no photos...

"Your Phone" app showing text messages but no photos...: Hi guys i am trying to troubleshoot my issue for an about month now, still no luck. My phone is clear Android, Nokia 8. As text messages are showing up properly the account must be linked properly. I tried to unlink the phone from my Microsoft account, resetting apps both...
  9. View Text Messages from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    View Text Messages from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10: How to: View Text Messages from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 How to View and Reply to Text Messages from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC After you send text messages from your Android phone on your PC. Your Phone is an app that runs...
  10. Send Text Messages from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Send Text Messages from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10: How to: Send Text Messages from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 How to Send Text Messages from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC After you text messages from your Android phone on your PC. Your Phone is an app that runs on your PC. It is...