Windows 10: Microsoft Windows crashes when pressing "New"

Discus and support Microsoft Windows crashes when pressing "New" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, This problem has been going on for quite a while. Whenever I right click on the desktop, and put my mouse on the "New" button, I get an error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TechTalkf, Mar 11, 2019.

1. TechTalkf Win User

Microsoft Windows crashes when pressing "New"

Hi,

This problem has been going on for quite a while. Whenever I right click on the desktop, and put my mouse on the "New" button, I get an error saying "This application is not responding" and it actually stops responding.

Any idea?

:)

TechTalkf, Mar 11, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Mar 11, 2019
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Mar 11, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft Windows crashes when pressing "New" - Similar Threads - Microsoft crashes pressing

2. Windows Crashes When Pressing The Power Button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Crashes When Pressing The Power Button: Hi,Since Last Month My PC Has Been Crashing With The "KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FALIURE" Error Code.When I Press The Power Button, My Screen Turns Off, Turns Back On, The "Slide To Turn Off Your PC" Appears, And When I Cancel It, I Go To My Desktop It Freezes And BSODs. It Has A...
  3. Windows Crashes When Pressing The Power Button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Crashes When Pressing The Power Button: Hi,Since Last Month My PC Has Been Crashing With The "KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FALIURE" Error Code.When I Press The Power Button, My Screen Turns Off, Turns Back On, The "Slide To Turn Off Your PC" Appears, And When I Cancel It, I Go To My Desktop It Freezes And BSODs. It Has A...
  4. Windows crashes on power button pressed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows crashes on power button pressed: Hello, I have a problem with sleep mode on my Lenovo Yoga C940 14" laptop. Instead of successfully putting the computer to sleep, it seems to return to the active state after I close the lid or try to switch to sleep mode. If I press the power button where I have set the...
  5. Windows crashes on power button pressed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows crashes on power button pressed: Hello, I have a problem with sleep mode on my Lenovo Yoga C940 14" laptop. Instead of successfully putting the computer to sleep, it seems to return to the active state after I close the lid or try to switch to sleep mode. If I press the power button where I have set the...
  6. Microsoft Store suddenly crashes when pressed install or get updates after new update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store suddenly crashes when pressed install or get updates after new update: Well after the new update cant download or update anything from Microsoft Store this is really embarrassing cuz i never expected anything from Microsoft I ve bought couple of games from the store but cant download any of them...
  7. When pressing CTL-S, Word crashes

in Windows 10 Customization
    When pressing CTL-S, Word crashes: I am using Windows 10 and Office. When I want to save a document and press CTL-S, Microsoft Word shuts down, then opens again, presenting me a "recovered file" of a document I wanted to save. However when I press File and then Save, the document saves and the program does not...
  8. Windows Store crashes when pressing install on a certain game

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store crashes when pressing install on a certain game: the game in question: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/danger-goat/9njjmtrll0zr?activetab=pivot:overviewtab I have tried running wsreset and this is a clean install of x64 pro 1903 (18362.418) Here is the crashlog from event viewer: Faulting application name:...
  9. Explorer.exe crashes when pressing Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Explorer.exe crashes when pressing Alt+Tab: Hello, I'm currently facing an issue where explorer.exe is continuously crashing when I alt+tab. I've also noticed it when trying to do other things such as snap an explorer window to fill half of my screen. This issue started occurring just this week and I checked my...
  10. Games Crashing When I Press Spacebar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games Crashing When I Press Spacebar: Ever since I upgraded to Win10 my games have been crashing when I press Spacebar. I play D3 and LoL. Both of them I use spacebar a lot in so my games crash a lot. It doesn't happen every time, but the times it doesn't crash the screen kinda flickers (Not always, but maybe...