Windows 10: Microsoft Windows Defender Keeps Re-enabling Windows 11 Group Policy.

Discus and support Microsoft Windows Defender Keeps Re-enabling Windows 11 Group Policy. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I keep disabling WIndows Defender in Windows 11 through the group policy, but it keeps re-enabling for some reason. Anyone know how to completely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Popa2caps, May 9, 2022.

1. Popa2caps Win User

Microsoft Windows Defender Keeps Re-enabling Windows 11 Group Policy.

I keep disabling WIndows Defender in Windows 11 through the group policy, but it keeps re-enabling for some reason. Anyone know how to completely disable Windows Defender in Windows 11?If I keep getting these issues, I'll revert back to Windows 10.My current understand of disabling Windows defender through group policy isComputer Configuration - Administrative Templates - Windows Components - Microsoft Defender AntivirusTurn off Microsoft Defender Antivirus enabled.Once I enable the policy I restart, but after some time, the service re-enables.

:)

Popa2caps, May 9, 2022

2. Windows Defender Group Policy Disabeled

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

As you have stated you want to disable the group policy so that you can run windows defender on the computer.

I would like to suggest few troubleshooting steps:

Method 1: Disable group policy from gpedit.msc

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type gpedit.msc and click Ok.(it will open Local Group policy editor)

• Go to Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Windows Defender.

• In the right pane of
      Windows Defender
      in Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the
      Turn off Windows Defender
      policy to edit it.

• Select (dot) Not Configured or
      Disabled, click/tap on OK,

• When finished, you can close the Local Group Policy Editor if you like.
    If the issue still persist you can follow method 2.

Method 2: Disable group policy from registry.

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the
    article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

• Press Window Key +R.

• Type regedit and click. (it will open registry)

• Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender

• Right Click on Window Defender to create a new Dword.

• Click on New and Select Dword.

• Type DisableAntiSpyware.

• Right click on DisableAntiSpyware and click on modify.

• Set the value to 0 instead of 1.

Hope this information is helpful. If the issue still persists, you can write back to us and we will be glad to assist you further.

Morris Subba, May 9, 2022
  3. Celsiuss Win User
    Windows Defender group policy disabled and WIndows Defender is not listed in group policy

Ok, I got the message that Windows Defender is disabled by group policy, No big deal, I do a quick search and find where the I can enable it. But Windows Defender is not listed in the group policy. And yes, I am 100% sure about this.

This happened when a shady program got into my PC, it messed things up, but I am mostly back on track, except for Windows Defender.

Celsiuss, May 9, 2022
  4. Microsoft Windows Defender Keeps Re-enabling Windows 11 Group Policy.

windows defender is blocked by group policy

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community.

As per the description, you are experiencing issue with Window Defender is blocked by Group policy on the system.

I certainly understand your concern.

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “CJ. Eichholz” replied on November 20, 2015 in the following Microsoft Community link and check if that helps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...p-policy/2df6fa16-b2b9-493c-94ea-91da98df687f

Note:
    This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection,
    back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, May 9, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft Windows Defender Keeps Re-enabling Windows 11 Group Policy.

1. Microsoft Windows Defender Keeps Re-enabling Windows 11 Group Policy. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Defender Keeps

2. Enable Group Policy Editor-Windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable Group Policy Editor-Windows 11 Home: How do I enable gpedit.msc in Windows 11 Home? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-group-policy-editor-windows-11-home/de701dd3-bf69-4dbb-a5e2-eb17940ff92f
  3. Enable Group Policy Editor-Windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable Group Policy Editor-Windows 11 Home: How do I enable gpedit.msc in Windows 11 Home? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-group-policy-editor-windows-11-home/de701dd3-bf69-4dbb-a5e2-eb17940ff92f
  4. Microsoft Windows Defender Keeps Re-enabling Windows 11 Group Policy.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Windows Defender Keeps Re-enabling Windows 11 Group Policy.: I keep disabling WIndows Defender in Windows 11 through the group policy, but it keeps re-enabling for some reason. Anyone know how to completely disable Windows Defender in Windows 11?If I keep getting these issues, I'll revert back to Windows 10.My current understand of...
  5. Enabling Windows Defender from Group Policy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Enabling Windows Defender from Group Policy: It is also does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/enabling-windows-defender-from-group-policy/166a1f5c-7456-400b-9a87-e69cda9acd33
  6. Windows Defender blocked by Group Policy

Windows Defender blocked by Group Policy: HI Wonder if you could help I have windows 8 and I am trying to put back on Window Defender to protect my pc from any viruses. The error message I get is THIS PROGRAM IS BLOCKED BY GROUP POLICY. FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT YOUR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR.I just would like to...
  7. WINDOWS DEFENDER "GROUP POLICY"??

WINDOWS DEFENDER "GROUP POLICY"??: Windows defender wont turn on "to allow this app to run must contact security administrator to enable program via group policy" first i thought it was because i had McAfee installed on my computer but after totally uninstalled still giving same message when attempt to turn...
  8. window defender is closed by group policy how to enable it

window defender is closed by group policy how to enable it: my window defender is closed by group policy and is not working.please guide me how to enable it to function.thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/window-defender-is-closed-by-group-policy-how-to/4d326eaa-7e4d-4315-a68a-e5951f763df1
  9. Windows Defender Group Policies

Windows Defender Group Policies: I am running Windows 10 (AU) 1607, and under the Windows Defender Group Policy setting I had set the Send File Samples when Further Analysis is Required to be SEND SAFE SAMPLES. What is the difference between Send Safe Samples and Send All Samples? Thanks in advance...
  10. Enable Group Policy in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Enable Group Policy in Windows 10: Have just read the the 'Local Group Policy Editor' is not included in Windows 10 home edition. 1. If true how to get it ? 2. What is it used for ? 62122