Windows 10: Microsoft Windows Defender settings

Discus and support Microsoft Windows Defender settings in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I called the Microsoft Community because I was asking for a request, and to help me set up the Microsoft Windows Defender antivirus, so that... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AdrianDragomir1, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Microsoft Windows Defender settings

Hello,

I called the Microsoft Community because I was asking for a request, and to help me set up the Microsoft Windows Defender antivirus, so that no viruses, Trojans, worms, etc. could get through it. I also want to tell you how to turn it off for a period of time. I mention that I have Windows 10 Pro licensed version 1903. I also want a weekly, monthly, ect scan schedule. I'm waiting for this message! Thank you! A good day!

:)

AdrianDragomir1, Sep 19, 2019
  2. malware Win User

Windows Defender Released

Microsoft has released the final version of its Windows Defender anti-spyware utility. Windows Defender is a product of the Microsoft acquisition of GIANT Software. Previously known as Windows AntiSpyware, after a two years beta period it's now available for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 under the name Windows Defender. Windows Defender incorporates Real-Time Protection to monitor systems for spyware activity, automated spyware removal with scheduled scans, full integration with Internet Explorer 7.0 and automatic spyware definition updates from Microsoft. Windows Defender is available freely to all customers running a genuine copy of Windows. Microsoft has also announced that customers will each be allowed to report two support incidents for free with Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.

Source: DailyTech

malware, Sep 19, 2019
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    What the hell, windows defender?

So, a while back I disabled windows defender via gpedit. Come to find out it's running again, and telling me my miner is a "severe" threat, despite still being disabled in gpedit. There's a few new entries related to windows defender in gpedit that didn't used to be there before. I'm guessing this happened during the big spring update. UAC keeps becoming re-enabled somehow, as well. For now I have a shitty registry key that's supposed to disable windows defender instead, hopefully it works.

Damn, Microsoft. They were pushing users to upgrade to 10 so hard, even resorting to plain trickery to get it on as many machines as possible. Now not only is it doing hardcore data mining in the background, but it's changing settings all on its own to whatever Microsoft wants. One step closer to pushing me to Ubuntu or something. I'd already be there if I didn't think it would be an arduous task learning how to computer all over again while simultaneously breaking a lot of games, which is mostly what I use this computer for...

Bill Gates needs to go back to Microsoft just so he can kick all the guys responsible for w10 squarely in the nuts. /rant

4. Arctucas Win User

Microsoft Windows Defender settings

What the hell, windows defender?

Big Brother knows what is best for you, why do you resist?

Arctucas, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Windows Defender settings

1. Microsoft Windows Defender settings - Similar Threads - Microsoft Defender settings

2. Microsoft Defender advanced setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender advanced setting: Hello,Please help to figure out if advanced settings posted in this article are applied to home users as well: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/security/defender-endpoint/enable-cloud-protection-microsoft-defender-antivirus?view=o365-worldwideI’ve already setup...
  3. Microsoft Defender advanced setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Defender advanced setting: Hello,Please help to figure out if advanced settings posted in this article are applied to home users as well: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/security/defender-endpoint/enable-cloud-protection-microsoft-defender-antivirus?view=o365-worldwideI’ve already setup...
  4. How do I set triggers for Microsoft Windows defender?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I set triggers for Microsoft Windows defender?: How do I set triggers for Microsoft Windows defender? I tried the MS way but it never shows "new" to set up a scan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-set-triggers-for-microsoft-windows/00c7fff1-9166-46d9-b9a7-ebc06f3858e1
  5. Windows defender settings

Windows defender settings: Is it possible to change the day and time that defender updates definitions and scans my computer or is this done by default? When scanning my system does it scan email and the register? Thanks Bob...
  6. windows defender organization settings

windows defender organization settings: How can i turn on this? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-organization-settings/ac190b03-6782-4c45-9a86-af4e205626dd"
  7. Windows Defender Settings

Windows Defender Settings: Hi would someone help me try to resolve this? have been trying to look for an option to turn on the defender but it seems that I can't find anything. Just new to this btw. Thanks in advance. [ATTACH]...
  8. Windows Defender Settings

Windows Defender Settings: Can someone help/guide me please,in simple,easy to understand terms as I'm not especially bright with PC jargon,thanks. My Windows Defender 'Virus and Protection Guard' keeps turning itself off,so every time I log on I have to reset this myself,and I've no idea how to change...
  9. Defender settings

Defender settings: I just noticed in windows Defender settings that there are two areas of concern. Cloud-delivered protection and Automatic sample submission. I've never seen these before and both are turned off and have yellow triangles on them. Should both of these be turned on? 97385
  10. Defender settings

Defender settings: hi all, here's an odd question. i run another 3rd party anti-malware software on my win 10. 10 will then disable Defender. however, i want to run both, but in this fashion, which is how it is now. i manually turn on Defender via registry settings but disable the realtime...