Windows 10: Microsoft windows just updated and now my Spyhunter tells me that the DNS server was modified

Discus and support Microsoft windows just updated and now my Spyhunter tells me that the DNS server was modified in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Does an update mean the DNS server information file was changed? When I go back to previous, I keep receiving same question from Spyhunter. If this was... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by whatsthescoop, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Microsoft windows just updated and now my Spyhunter tells me that the DNS server was modified

Does an update mean the DNS server information file was changed? When I go back to previous, I keep receiving same question from Spyhunter. If this was changed by microsoft, and not malware or virus, I can have Spyhunter stop asking me the question.

:)

whatsthescoop, Dec 14, 2019

2. Spyhunter 4 modified my dns settings

Option 1. Head to following Microsoft Help Link and execute the steps there

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/...

Option 2 - IP and DNS Setting

Type ncpa.cpl in Windows start > Right click on your network > Properties > Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) > Hit properties > Make sure below ones are checked

Obtain an IP Address Automatically

Obtain DNS Server Address Automatically

You can also try Google DNS

Select Use the following DNS Server Addresses

Preferred DNS Server - 8.8.8.8

ALternate DNS Server - 8.8.4.4

Try Open DNS

Preferred DNS server : 208.67.222.222

Alternate DNS server : 208.67.220.220

E for Excel, Dec 14, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows XP update and internet Issue

Microsoft has been shutting down some of their XP update server to prepare for the end of life of XP. That means that if your ISPs DNS servers are slow at updating then you will be trying to use servers that no longer exist.

I suggest you download the latest XP roll-up disc, it will have most of the updates you need and I also suggest hard coding a Google DNS as your primary DNS in your router.

newtekie1, Dec 14, 2019
  4. malware Win User

Microsoft windows just updated and now my Spyhunter tells me that the DNS server was modified

Microsoft Prepares Update for Windows Home Server

Microsoft's Windows Home Server officially launched earlier this month, is already preparing to be updated. Microsoft says that the new update is "part of the ongoing process of continually enhancing the customer experience with Windows Home Server." The update includes a few feature additions for Windows Home Server. Currently, users who login to their server when away from their home network - through an external URL like https://yourname.homeserver.com - are greeted with a security warning. The November 27 update will now provide users with a trusted SSL certificate for their Windows Home Severs. The SSL certification was provided with the help of Windows Live Domains and GoDaddy. Other new features include a "Delete All" button to remove home computer backups. Microsoft has also taken steps to make the Shared Folders and Server Storage aspects of Windows Home Server more robust and user friendly.

Source: DailyTech

malware, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft windows just updated and now my Spyhunter tells me that the DNS server was modified

1. Microsoft windows just updated and now my Spyhunter tells me that the DNS server was modified - Similar Threads - Microsoft updated Spyhunter

2. Windows changing my DNS Servers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows changing my DNS Servers: Hi, my windows installation is always changing my DNS servers to 127.0.2.2 and 127.0.2.3 every time the machine is restarted, i keep changing to another DNS Servers and after the restart windows changes....
  3. DNS servers

DNS servers: How to resolve "device or resource DNS server is not responding"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-servers/eae05c07-dbdd-4697-b4d7-32fa54b1a6e5
  4. DNS servers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNS servers: How to resolve "device or resource DNS server is not responding"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-servers/eae05c07-dbdd-4697-b4d7-32fa54b1a6e5
  5. DNS Servers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNS Servers: i cannot connect to the internet even though my laptop tells me i am connected when i try anything it keeps telling me DNS servers not working/connecting. i have tryed hard wire connection still nothing.im on a windows 11 but microsoft updated windows 10 2 days ago and...
  6. DNS Servers

DNS Servers: i cannot connect to the internet even though my laptop tells me i am connected when i try anything it keeps telling me DNS servers not working/connecting. i have tryed hard wire connection still nothing.im on a windows 11 but microsoft updated windows 10 2 days ago and...
  7. DNS Server

DNS Server: My computer loses the Internet several times a day. The error says the computer is configured properly but the DNS server is not working. What is this and how do I fix this.? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-server/dfd1e76d-ea28-4b2c-aabd-c1eb32be2e75
  8. DNS server

in Windows 10 Customization
    DNS server: I have internet and can get into everything except Facebook. It keeps coming up with a DNS server problem. Everyone in the building can get on, but me. I have tried everything the internet said to do, to no avail....
  9. DNS Server

DNS Server: I keep being disconnected from the internet. When I troubleshoot I get the message "The DNS server isn't responding" Any help would be greatly appreciated. Moved from: More Office apps / Windows 10 / Unknown/other...
  10. Windows 10 Home just updated, now telling me my organisation requires me to change my PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Home just updated, now telling me my organisation requires me to change my PIN: I shut down my Windows 10 Home laptop earlier. When I rebooted, it told me my organisation requires me to change my PIN and will no longer allow me to use the old one. This is my personal laptop and I am the sole user. Why has it done this? HOw do I stop it from doing this?...