Windows 10: microsoft windows live mail Not compatible with New Email systems

Discus and support microsoft windows live mail Not compatible with New Email systems in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Thanks! If I do decide to switch I'll give it a try. I think you'll like it. It has an audible email notification that's a nice feature. Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by caperjack, Dec 11, 2015.

1. BunnyJ New Member

microsoft windows live mail Not compatible with New Email systems

I think you'll like it. It has an audible email notification that's a nice feature.

BunnyJ, Dec 11, 2015
  2. gpstoloff Win User

WLM & the Outlook.com message are valid; the message is just badly timed!

This is the issue: MS is performing an upgrade in waves of Outlook.com accounts. Unfortunately, they jumped too soon to send out this message, and it's crashing WLM if your account hasn't yet been upgraded.

Here's the word (courtesy of Ron Sommer MVP):

Login to your outlook.com account using a browser. Does it say Outlook.com or Outlook Mail (Preview)?

KB3093594 should only be installed if you have an outlook.com account that has been upgraded to Outlook Mail (Preview).

If you have more than one outlook.com account, you will have to decide if you want the accounts that have not been upgraded to Outlook Mail (Preview) to work or do you want the accounts that have been upgraded to work.

No Outlook Mail (Preview) accounts - do not install KB3093594.

An account has upgraded to Outlook Mail (Preview) - install KB3093594.

gpstoloff, Dec 11, 2015
  3. caperjack Win User
    sorry to see an upset users ,not sure why you are taking it out this thread ,as mentioned ,report any abuse to the moderators , any my post is referring to outlook.com mail ,, office outlook mail client ..

I will have to try out some of the mail clients mentioned ,thanks for the suggestions

caperjack, Dec 11, 2015
  4. lgentry Win User

Sorry but the response from the MVP is not correct. This update works in Windows 8.1, just not in Windows 10. Neither of my email accounts have been converted but function fine in WLM 2012 with the update in 8.1 so it appears whether an email account is outlook.com or Outlook Mail (preview) makes no difference. Otherwise , it wouldn't work in Windows 8.1. Hopefully, someone with Microsoft will fix the problem with the update so that it will work in Windows 10, too.

lgentry, Dec 12, 2015
  5. Winuser Win User
    I've been playing around with eM Client for a few hours now. So far I think I like it better than Outlook and Thunderbird. Between playing around with it and reading the eM Client forum post I'm getting it setup the way I want it.

Winuser, Dec 12, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    Good to hear. Another member mentioned it here some time ago and I checked it out. It's one of the best email clients I've used.

BunnyJ, Dec 12, 2015
  7. Tully Win User
    Thanx for Info;

Maybe now I can get out of the MS Doctorial Regime that I was pleased with for so many years!

It has become unfriendly to the elderly by forcing us to use programs that are not suitable our lifestyles!
    And I speak for the residents of the Retirement home that I live.

YES! People over 65 do use computers!

*Mad

Tully, Dec 12, 2015
  8. BunnyJ New Member

I understand and if I can help out in anyway.. PM me.
    Take care and have a good day
    Jeff *Smile

BunnyJ, Dec 12, 2015
  9. caperjack Win User
    in 2 1/2 years that will be so for me !*Nerd

caperjack, Dec 12, 2015
  10. *Smile Yes they do ... My own Dad, who is in his mid-90s, has Win 10 Pro on his laptop

Atomcrusher, Dec 16, 2015
  11. mousegolf Win User
    Good news for all Windows Live Mail 2009 users. You can find the Windows Live Essentials 2009 complete suite at Old Version of MSN Messenger Live 2009 (14.0) Download - OldApps.com. However, you cannot install it over 2012. There are special instructions somewhere on the internet to remove necessary files and folders in v2012. In my case, I just did a clean install of Windows 10 and installed WLM2009 with ease. You will need to change the compatibility on the exe file to XP or W7. That's it! Love that email client which allows a right-click, Sendto option to attach images to the new email without any skydrive interference.

mousegolf, Apr 6, 2016
  12. lgentry Win User
    For sure the 2009 version has always been my favorite but @Hotmail.com and @Outlook.com email addresses will not sync with it once they make whatever changes they are making to those email accounts. I used the 2009 version in Windows 8.1 in compatibility mode for years and have installed it without issue in Windows 10. For anyone who have other email accounts other than outlook and hotmail it still works fine.

lgentry, Apr 7, 2016
  13. mousegolf Win User

So all can see that WLM 2009 does work on Windows 10, here is a screenshot of it opened with Firefox in the background and the forum thread highlighted. I also clicked About Windows Live Mail. Like I said in past threads, you cannot install Windows Live Mail 2009 on a system that once had WLM 2012. (better known as Windows Essentials 2012). If you really want this Client (recommended) you will have to Reset Windows 10 and install WLM 2009 along with your other programs.

microsoft windows live mail Not compatible with New Email systems [​IMG]

mousegolf, Apr 13, 2016
  14. mousegolf Win User
    microsoft windows live mail Not compatible with New Email systems [​IMG]

mousegolf, May 6, 2016
  15. lgentry Win User
    No one ever said that 2009 WLM wouldn't work on Windows 10. It will, but Microsoft's new protocol for @Outlook.com and @Hotmail.com email addresses will NOT work with the 2009 version of WLM. So far WLM 2012 with patch does work with this new protocol but some of the features of WLM do not. It has nothing to do with Windows 10. It has to do with the new email protocol.

lgentry, May 7, 2016
Thema:

1. microsoft windows live mail Not compatible with New Email systems - Similar Threads - microsoft live mail

2. Load Windows Live Mail emails into Windows 10 Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Load Windows Live Mail emails into Windows 10 Mail: How do I access (with my new Windows 10 Home [version 1903] computer using Windows Mail) the many thousands of Windows Live Mail (WLM) emails on my old Windows 7 computer. I use yahoo mail, and I am able to get new yahoo mail using Windows 10 Mail on the new computer, and I...
  3. Windows Live Mail Not Checking for emails

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail Not Checking for emails: Hello. I am in need of some advice with my windows live mail acct. I am running windows 10 pro. I have ATT as my email server. Last night a tech from att and myself tried to create a new email account along side of the 2 existing email accounts that I have had for 15 years or...
  4. Windows Live Mail deleted emails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live Mail deleted emails: In Windows Live Mail running on Windows 10, when an email is deleted it is not transferred into the Deleted folder. How do you arrange for all deleted emails to be transferred and retained in the Deleted folder. Graham...
  5. Identify mail servers are compatible with MS Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Identify mail servers are compatible with MS Windows Live Mail: I need to switch from my gmail account to another email server that is compatible with MS Windows Live Mail. Looking for a list of email servers that can work through this product....
  6. Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook: Is there a reliable way to transfer emails from Windows Live Mail to an Outlook .pst file? I can see that there are a number of free third party programs that claim to do it but I'm never sure if they can be trusted. I'd like to transfer over the emails I have on my old...
  7. microsoft windows live mail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    microsoft windows live mail: I cannot reply, forward, or send email in Live Mail Would consider converting to Outlook but system will not allow that H E L P https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-windows-live-mail/f5411751-33f6-41b0-a8d4-d44c7d4ceccd
  8. Windows Live Mail - email attachments

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live Mail - email attachments: I have a problem receiving attachments in my Windows Live mail. The emails come through but the attachments (.PDF & .doc) to not. .EML attachments come through. I recently changed to a .gmail account. before that the attachments came through with no problem. I can get the...
  9. Windows live mail is not sending emails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows live mail is not sending emails: My windows live mail is not sending emails. This is the message I get An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Invoice' Server Error: 554 Server Response: 554 5.7.1 Message rejected due to possible malicious content Server: 'send.xtra.co.nz' Windows Live Mail Error ID:...
  10. Move Emails From Windows Live Mail to Windows Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Move Emails From Windows Live Mail to Windows Mail: I am setting up Windows Mail on my new Windows 10 desktop computer. I want to transfer my Windows Live emails on Windows 7 to Windows Mail on Windows 10. I have 26 folders and subfolders on the old computer. How do I do that? Thanks, cb 79288