Windows 10: Microsoft Windows Network: The local device name is already in use.

Discus and support Microsoft Windows Network: The local device name is already in use. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a client that whenever they connect to the VPN (Cicso Meraki) they cannot access the mapped drives. Microsoft Windows Network: The local... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SterlingDavid, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Microsoft Windows Network: The local device name is already in use.

I have a client that whenever they connect to the VPN (Cicso Meraki) they cannot access the mapped drives.

Microsoft Windows Network: The local device name is already in use.

So, I disconnect and try to reconnect and found the issue. It somehow pulls the VPN user name credentials (email address) instead of the saved Windows credentials (first initial last name).

So every time they have work remotely, they have to disconnect and remap the drives.

Why would it pull the VPN creds?

Any way around this?

Happens on 2 computers so far, so it is repeatable.

Thanks

:)

SterlingDavid, Apr 5, 2019

2. How do I change the network adapter name? (Windows 10)

Press Windows Key + R, type secpol.msc and press Enter to run it. In Local Security Policy window, go to the Network List Manager Policies in the left pane. Now in the right pane double click on the network name that you want to change. In the Properties windows under the Name section make sure that Name is selected. Now in the input field enter the name that you wish to use for your connection. Click Apply then OK to save the changes. And you might have to log in again or to restart your computer before the changes are applied.

lorraine walsh, Apr 5, 2019
  3. Windows 10; Network Name

Hi,

Thank you for the update and I apologize for the late response.

I suggest you to follow the steps and check if you are able to change the network name:

1. Press the
    Windows + R keys and type
    secpol.msc, and press Enter.

2. If prompted by
    UAC, then click/tap on Yes.

3. In the left pane of Local Security Policy, click on
    Network List Manager Policies.

4. In the right pane of
    Network List Manager Policies, double click on your current network name.

5. In Network Properties, select
    Name and type the name you prefer.

6. When finished, you can now close Local Security Policy.

7. Restart the computer.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Apr 5, 2019
  4. Microsoft Windows Network: The local device name is already in use.

Windows 10; Network Name

Hi,

The Registry steps follower that resolved the issue.

But could you tell us why it appears to select a network status name based on your past Wi-Fi network connections, and then applies it to your wired Ethernet connection?

Thanks.

Mason

masontseng, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Windows Network: The local device name is already in use.

1. Microsoft Windows Network: The local device name is already in use. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Network local

2. local device already in use

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    local device already in use: I have a NAS. It's name is Bohr. When I try to reach it, I get the following error message:"An error occurred while reconnecting Z: to \\Bohr\Data. Microsoft Windows network: The local device name is already in use. This connection has not been restored."This happens...
  3. local device already in use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    local device already in use: I have a NAS. It's name is Bohr. When I try to reach it, I get the following error message:"An error occurred while reconnecting Z: to \\Bohr\Data. Microsoft Windows network: The local device name is already in use. This connection has not been restored."This happens...
  4. local device already in use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "Local device name is already in use" can anyone help me sort this

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Local device name is already in use" can anyone help me sort this: Hi, I have recently stopped using my mycloud storage over the internet and now i i keep getting this message when i try to access it on my pc can anyone help?...
  6. "Local device name is already in use" can anyone help me sort this

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Local device name is already in use" can anyone help me sort this: Hi, I have recently stopped using my mycloud storage over the internet and now i i keep getting this message when i try to access it on my pc can anyone help?...
  7. The local device name is already in use

The local device name is already in use: I have a NAS. Every time I try to access it, this is the error I get. It has been going on for a couple of weeks. I deleted the mapped drives and mapped them again. That got me about 6 hours of functionality, but I was just now playing some music from the NAS and playback...
  8. Microsoft Windows Network: The local device name is already in use

Microsoft Windows Network: The local device name is already in use: In my home I have three PCs running on the latest version of Windows 10. They are all connected to the same WiFi network. I have turned on file sharing on all three computers, and each computer maps a drive letter to each of the other two computers (\\computer...
  9. Network drive issue "Local device name is already in use"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network drive issue "Local device name is already in use": Hi All, Many users keep getting the message "An error connecting to "specific drive". The local device name is already in use. No "net use" command is used for the mapping and this issue happens to different users at random times. So i suspect there might some issue on...
  10. Restoring Network Connections – The local device name is already

in Windows 10 News
    Restoring Network Connections – The local device name is already: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Mapping a drive refers to that feature of Windows 10 which gives its users a privilege of connecting to disks hosted remotely. For those organizations and systems which are connected on a network, this is quite the basic use case. [...] This post Restoring...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft windows network: the local device name is already in use

2. microsoft windows network the local device name is already in use

3. the local device name is already in use

4. Microsoft Windows Network: The local device name is already in use.,
  5. windows networl the local device name is already in use,
  6. microsoft windows network: the local device name us already in use,
  7. the local device name is already in use w 10,
  8. Micorsoft windows network the local drive name already in use,
  9. Microsoft Windows Network – The local device name is already in use,
  10. microsoft windrows network; the local device name is alreadsy in use,
  11. microsoft window network: the local device name is already in use,