Windows 10: Microsoft Windows OEM

Discus and support Microsoft Windows OEM in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I want to know if there are documents that explain the correct procedure for purchasing Windows OEM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Rahman Primasandy, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Microsoft Windows OEM

I want to know if there are documents that explain the correct procedure for purchasing Windows OEM

:)

Rahman Primasandy, Aug 20, 2019

2. Question On OEM Windows clean install......

"Flavors" of Windows licenses

Windows can be a little "odd" about license keys. There are at least 4 categories:
    • Retail
    • OEM
    • Volume (electronic download)
    • Corporate (no key needed)
    For guaranteed success, the license key and media should be in the same category. If you have retail media, you may not be able to install it using an OEM or Volume license key, even though the key is valid for that version of Windows. *Wtf :wtf: Apparently, this is part of Microsoft's anti-piracy scheme (i.e., all customers are guilty until proven innocent).

Static~Charge, Aug 20, 2019
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    my windows 10 oem didn't come with a product key

Dude, go to Newegg right now and read the questions and answers tab on Windows 10 OEM. The OEM copies that are listed there DO in fact, come on an optical disc. The flash drive ONLY comes on Retail copies.

rtwjunkie, Aug 20, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Microsoft Windows OEM

Question On OEM Windows clean install......

Yea, I got that part, was just wondering if the OEM disk/key part was broken down into further catergories, like vendor specific - DELL, HP, etc. ?

What about service packs? I have a retail XP SP1 disk. I recall seeing a way to make a new disk with all the latest SP's. Sorry, rambling off topic here...

Sasqui, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Windows OEM

1. Microsoft Windows OEM - Similar Threads - Microsoft OEM

2. Microsoft selling oem or Retail keys on their website

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft selling oem or Retail keys on their website: I have seen some people saying that on the Microsoft website they sell retail keys for windows 11 and i just wanted to check if this was the case. also if i replaced my motherboard would a retail key still be usable on the new motherboard?...
  3. Microsoft selling oem or Retail keys on their website

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft selling oem or Retail keys on their website: I have seen some people saying that on the Microsoft website they sell retail keys for windows 11 and i just wanted to check if this was the case. also if i replaced my motherboard would a retail key still be usable on the new motherboard?...
  4. Is product key the OEM WIndows 11 Home or upgraded Microsoft Store Windows 11 Pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is product key the OEM WIndows 11 Home or upgraded Microsoft Store Windows 11 Pro?: I purchased a Dell Inspiron desktop in Nov 2023. It had Windows 11 Home installed. I purchased Windows 11 Professional on the Microsoft Store. When I go to settings to see the product key - Is the product key the original Windows 11 Home - or is it the Windows 11...
  5. Is product key the OEM WIndows 11 Home or upgraded Microsoft Store Windows 11 Pro?

Is product key the OEM WIndows 11 Home or upgraded Microsoft Store Windows 11 Pro?: I purchased a Dell Inspiron desktop in Nov 2023. It had Windows 11 Home installed. I purchased Windows 11 Professional on the Microsoft Store. When I go to settings to see the product key - Is the product key the original Windows 11 Home - or is it the Windows 11...
  6. Windows 11 Home OEM license: Implications of forced Microsoft Account login on initial...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home OEM license: Implications of forced Microsoft Account login on initial...: HiBasic user so apologies if fairly basic question.Scenario:Purchased new Windows 11 Home laptop OEM license version of Windows 11 Home for child and can't progress through initial setup without logging in to a Microsoft Account Microsoft forces me to login with no option of...
  7. Windows 11 Home OEM license: Implications of forced Microsoft Account login on initial...

Windows 11 Home OEM license: Implications of forced Microsoft Account login on initial...: HiBasic user so apologies if fairly basic question.Scenario:Purchased new Windows 11 Home laptop OEM license version of Windows 11 Home for child and can't progress through initial setup without logging in to a Microsoft Account Microsoft forces me to login with no option of...
  8. OEM keys from Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OEM keys from Microsoft: Hello, I’m starting a small business as a system integrator and was wondering how I can get OEM keys from Microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-keys-from-microsoft/a6a71584-77a4-461b-a972-29aa5d87e063
  9. OEM keys from Microsoft

OEM keys from Microsoft: Hello, I’m starting a small business as a system integrator and was wondering how I can get OEM keys from Microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-keys-from-microsoft/a6a71584-77a4-461b-a972-29aa5d87e063
  10. How to reset Windows 11 Home without OEM version of Microsoft 365

How to reset Windows 11 Home without OEM version of Microsoft 365: I have a Windows 11 computer which was originally supplied with an OEM version of Microsoft 365. I don't want this OEM version now expired. I want to be able to accept a share of a Family subscription to MS365. Accepting an invitation to install a share of a Family...