Windows 10: Microsoft Windows OEM

Discus and support Microsoft Windows OEM in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I want to know if there are documents that explain the correct procedure for purchasing Windows OEM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Rahman Primasandy, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Microsoft Windows OEM

I want to know if there are documents that explain the correct procedure for purchasing Windows OEM

:)

Rahman Primasandy, Aug 20, 2019

2. Question On OEM Windows clean install......

"Flavors" of Windows licenses

Windows can be a little "odd" about license keys. There are at least 4 categories:
    • Retail
    • OEM
    • Volume (electronic download)
    • Corporate (no key needed)
    For guaranteed success, the license key and media should be in the same category. If you have retail media, you may not be able to install it using an OEM or Volume license key, even though the key is valid for that version of Windows. *Wtf :wtf: Apparently, this is part of Microsoft's anti-piracy scheme (i.e., all customers are guilty until proven innocent).

Static~Charge, Aug 20, 2019
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    my windows 10 oem didn't come with a product key

Dude, go to Newegg right now and read the questions and answers tab on Windows 10 OEM. The OEM copies that are listed there DO in fact, come on an optical disc. The flash drive ONLY comes on Retail copies.

rtwjunkie, Aug 20, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Microsoft Windows OEM

Question On OEM Windows clean install......

Yea, I got that part, was just wondering if the OEM disk/key part was broken down into further catergories, like vendor specific - DELL, HP, etc. ?

What about service packs? I have a retail XP SP1 disk. I recall seeing a way to make a new disk with all the latest SP's. Sorry, rambling off topic here...

Sasqui, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Windows OEM

1. Microsoft Windows OEM - Similar Threads - Microsoft OEM

2. Hi where can I get datasheet for Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hi where can I get datasheet for Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM: need the datasheet for Microsoft Windows 10 Pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-where-can-i-get-datasheet-for-microsoft-windows/130b0713-b6d2-4f55-9799-e3864ff9cbd0
  3. Copy of Windows 10 from Microsoft against Dell OEM version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Copy of Windows 10 from Microsoft against Dell OEM version: I have a Dell Laptop. It came with preinstalled version of windows 10. I am getting an SSD added to my laptop and want the OS to be installed on SSD. Can i get a copy of Windows 10 from Microsoft if i show the details of laptop?...
  4. Replace non-activated OEM Windows 10 with Windows 10 downloaded from Microsoft website

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Replace non-activated OEM Windows 10 with Windows 10 downloaded from Microsoft website: I bought Lenovo P52 with preinstalled Windows 10 Pro. It connects to network but I get 'without Internet connection' message for wifi and LAN interfaces both and I can't load any site. Internet connection works because my other devices (Windows 10 Home and Android) have no...
  5. Where can I buy a Windows 10 OEM key from microsoft?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where can I buy a Windows 10 OEM key from microsoft?: Hey, I built my pc just now and I want to have a windows 10 original but can't afford to buy the retail version. If somebody can help me buy genuine OEM version that will really be helpful. thank you...
  6. Does Microsoft support Windows 10 Pro OEM?

Does Microsoft support Windows 10 Pro OEM?: Does Microsoft support Windows 10 Pro OEM? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-microsoft-support-windows-10-pro-oem/0dd04265-ada9-48c5-ae14-7d2f782e3984"
  7. Compliance request from Microsoft for my Windows 10 OEM licence

Compliance request from Microsoft for my Windows 10 OEM licence: Hi have a compliance request from Microsoft who are asking me for my licence key for our windows 10 OEM ... from reading around it is all acivated when we start up the first time and saved to your microsoft account but I cant seem to find it on my account.... please help....
  8. can't open pictures with OEM microsoft photo app and cant open camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't open pictures with OEM microsoft photo app and cant open camera: everytime i click on the camera i get this message "Check the Windows Store for more info about Camera." everytime i try opening a picture i get this message "Check the Windows Store for more info about Basic Photo Viewer." once i close that error message i get another...
  9. Microsoft shows OEMs how to market Windows 10; talks features and SKUs

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft shows OEMs how to market Windows 10; talks features and SKUs: [img] As we’re getting closer and closer to the launch of Windows 10 on July 29th, Microsoft is not only polishing the OS, but it’s also pushing its message to OEMs and consumers. In a webinar for OEMs that took place yesterday, we got to see how the company is...
  10. W10 purchased from Microsoft store = OEM or 'Retail'?

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 purchased from Microsoft store = OEM or 'Retail'?: It's not entirely crystal clear, I have an OEM install of W7 upgraded to W10 at the moment so my W10 is OEM. I'm looking at changing motherboard in the near future so I'd end up having to buy another copy of W10. Now, I could buy an OEM copy from a UK retailer for £79. Or...