Windows 10: Microsoft Windows Photo app - How to open & SAVE in app?

Discus and support Microsoft Windows Photo app - How to open & SAVE in app? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Start > Photos > Tap or Click on Photos app Windows Photo app Then:When I wish to open a certain Photo with Microsoft Windows Photo app I usually right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BARRY G.VARGUS Sr., Oct 16, 2021.

1. Microsoft Windows Photo app - How to open & SAVE in app?

Start > Photos > Tap or Click on Photos app Windows Photo app Then:When I wish to open a certain Photo with Microsoft Windows Photo app I usually right click on the Photo or Link or Whatever right, then travel my cursor up to "Open Photo with" then from the list of apps choose the white logo with blue in it that's the Photo's Logo & quickly & easily open the Photo in the app. I foeget however, the next step in keeping the Photo I just opened with Windows Photo app in the Windows Photo app. Meaning at least with my HP PC the next time I open Microsoft Windows Photo app lets sa

:)

BARRY G.VARGUS Sr., Oct 16, 2021

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 16, 2021
  3. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Oct 16, 2021
  4. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft Windows Photo app - How to open & SAVE in app?

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store | Windows Central

P4-630, Oct 16, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Windows Photo app - How to open & SAVE in app?

1. Microsoft Windows Photo app - How to open & SAVE in app? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photo app

2. windows photo app save a copy.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows photo app save a copy.: Before when I edit photo using Windows photo app, after making changes and click save a copy, it will automatically save it with number at the end of file name example test1 to create a new file. Now if I click save a copy it will ask me like saving as, is there a way to have...
  3. Windows 11 Photos app save as

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Photos app save as: Is there a way to set the default or do I have to keep changing it from what I used last time ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-photos-app-save-as/ae86dbaf-1377-4c68-8679-345722d2083c
  4. Microsoft Windows Photo app - How to open & SAVE in app?

Microsoft Windows Photo app - How to open & SAVE in app?: Start > Photos > Tap or Click on Photos app Windows Photo app Then:When I wish to open a certain Photo with Microsoft Windows Photo app I usually right click on the Photo or Link or Whatever right, then travel my cursor up to "Open Photo with" then from the list of apps...
  5. Photo microsoft app not openning photos

Photo microsoft app not openning photos: Photo app does not open any photos, but if I select modify/edit the image, then I am able to open it. What could be the solution here.thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-microsoft-app-not-openning-photos/57eeae5d-c54b-452c-8f46-1a232234d956
  6. Microsoft Photos App will not open

Microsoft Photos App will not open: I have tried uninstalling and re-installing Photos, I have done the repair and reset, I have restarted the computer. When I try to open the app, or a photo that would use the app to open, it either does nothing at all or displays a blank photos screen. It is currently doing...
  7. Windows Apps and Photo App not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Apps and Photo App not opening: I have a new Dell Computer that is just over a month old and am having problems with App's not opening. These are App's from the Microsoft Store as well as a Dell Support APP. This also happens in my Photo Library when I right click on a photo to review on the open with...
  8. Windows photos app saving deleted photos?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows photos app saving deleted photos?: Upon opening start menu, I noticed a preview of old (long deleted) photos taken on my phone in the windows photos app. (https://prnt.sc/tkm9gg) These photos are not being shown in the app when I open it, in any of the folders and not even on my phone. So unless i'm missing...
  9. Microsoft Photos App won't open

Microsoft Photos App won't open: Hallo everybody! I experienced some problem with my laptop. Every time I tried to open the Microsoft Photos App it won't open. I am aware that all my photos are safe in my computer but the use of the app was very friendly and easy to manage and I really would like to have...
  10. Microsoft Photos app opens randomly

Microsoft Photos app opens randomly: I have seen multiple posts regarding this issue, and have tried many of the solutions, but the app still opens randomly which is extremely annoying. Is there any fix from Microsoft for this issue? I have version 2019.18114.17710.0 on Windows 10. I have gone through so many...