Windows 10: Microsoft-Windows-PrintService/Admin Event ID: 823 The default printer was changed to Fax.

Discus and support Microsoft-Windows-PrintService/Admin Event ID: 823 The default printer was changed to Fax. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Can't connect ! Using 2008 printer program !!!!!????? WTH !!! My Printer was working beautifully !! Until this happened:<Provider... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Scovernj, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Scovernj Win User

Microsoft-Windows-PrintService/Admin Event ID: 823 The default printer was changed to Fax.

Can't connect ! Using 2008 printer program !!!!!????? WTH !!! My Printer was working beautifully !! Until this happened:<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-PrintService" Guid="{747ef6fd-e535-4d16-b510-42c90f6873a1}" /> <EventID>823</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>4</Level> <Task>49</Task> <Opcode>11</Opcode> <Keywords>0x8000000000020000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2021-11-05T18:00:20.0726071Z" /> <EventRecordID>17</EventRecordID> <Correlation ActivityI

:)

Scovernj, Nov 24, 2021

2. Printer to trigger task scheduler event

Hi, i would like to know if it is possible to create a notification or text window pop up each time i send a document to the printer. I have tried with task scheduler, but i cannot figure out the event ID. I have selected Microsoft-Windows-PrintService/Operational
    as the log and PrintService as Source. If this is correct then what is the Event ID i need to use with it?

Thanks for your time

Lewis

Lewis_Reid, Nov 24, 2021
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Nov 24, 2021
  4. Microsoft-Windows-PrintService/Admin Event ID: 823 The default printer was changed to Fax.

Windows 10 Sets Last Printer Used As Default Printer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the printer settings and check if it helps.

• In the search box, type as “settings”.
    • Go to “settings” and select “devices”.
    • Click on “printers and scanners” option on the left hand side.
    • You will find all your printers listed on the screen, below that there is an option
      “Let Windows manage my default printer”.
    • I suggest you to turn “OFF” the option “When turned on, the default printer is the last used printer”.
    • Now check whether you can choose the other printers or not.
    Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 24, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft-Windows-PrintService/Admin Event ID: 823 The default printer was changed to Fax.

1. Microsoft-Windows-PrintService/Admin Event ID: 823 The default printer was changed to Fax. - Similar Threads - Microsoft PrintService Admin

2. What Event IDs are Enabled by Default?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What Event IDs are Enabled by Default?: I'm trying to figure out what Event IDs are enabled by default for Windows 10 and Windows 11 devices. Is there a list of these or is it possible to query them in PowerShell on a brand new image?Thank you....
  3. What Event IDs are Enabled by Default?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What Event IDs are Enabled by Default?: I'm trying to figure out what Event IDs are enabled by default for Windows 10 and Windows 11 devices. Is there a list of these or is it possible to query them in PowerShell on a brand new image?Thank you....
  4. What Event IDs are Enabled by Default?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft-Windows-PrintService/Admin Event ID: 823 The default printer was changed to Fax.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft-Windows-PrintService/Admin Event ID: 823 The default printer was changed to Fax.: Can't connect ! Using 2008 printer program !!!!!????? WTH !!! My Printer was working beautifully !! Until this happened:<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-PrintService" Guid="{747ef6fd-e535-4d16-b510-42c90f6873a1}" /> <EventID>823</EventID> <Version>0</Version>...
  6. THE PRINTER CHANGE TO FAX MODE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    THE PRINTER CHANGE TO FAX MODE: when I want print from whatsapp THE PRINTER CHANGE TO FAX MOD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-printer-change-to-fax-mode/db0878ec-7470-4461-9334-b39885a87e74
  7. Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing/Admin Event ID 1 Warning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing/Admin Event ID 1 Warning: My laptop has produced 1700 identical warnings in the last hour and a half. I get a new one every 5 seconds or so. It's causing my Service Host: Windows Event Log to use up a ton of disk speed and is slowing down my laptop significantly. How do I figure out what is causing...
  8. change the telephone number for the printer fax

change the telephone number for the printer fax: How do I change the telephone number for the Canon Printer fax? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-telephone-number-for-the-printer-fax/4e976807-687a-4940-8c82-ce13a67c3fd9
  9. Printing very VERY slowly, error 2147500037 in Event Viewer PrintService Admin

Printing very VERY slowly, error 2147500037 in Event Viewer PrintService Admin: This laptop has a Win10 distribution directly from Microsoft that is about 2 weeks old. Not an OEM distribution. Printing was working fine to my HP Officejet 4500 G51n-s and still is from other Win 7 computer, so it is likely not a problem with the physical printer itself....
  10. Printer drivers default to printing to FAX only

Printer drivers default to printing to FAX only: I have a Canon multi-function printer used to work normally but for the last few months it seeds prints to Fax though I am sending prints to PRINT. It will print normally if I reinstall the drivers (TR7550) and leave the computer on but if I switch the computer off, when I...