Windows 10: Microsoft Windows Search Filter Host/Search Protocol Host have high CPU usage even after...

Discus and support Microsoft Windows Search Filter Host/Search Protocol Host have high CPU usage even after... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I had just installed Windows 10 Enterprise 1607 (build 14393.105) on my computer, and I noticed that the fans were always running. Looking into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Samuel Bar 11, May 18, 2019.

1. Microsoft Windows Search Filter Host/Search Protocol Host have high CPU usage even after...

Hi, I had just installed Windows 10 Enterprise 1607 (build 14393.105) on my computer, and I noticed that the fans were always running. Looking into task manager and I found that "Microsoft Windows Search Filter Host" and "Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host" were always using >40% CPU combined. I check "indexing options" in control panel, but it says "indexing complete". I tried "delete and rebuild index", and it finished within 30min, but the two processes above were still running and sucking cpu for no reason.

I tried "trouble shooting windows search" but it returned no problems.

Anyone know how to fix this issue?

:)

Samuel Bar 11, May 18, 2019

2. How to Solve - high cpu usage - microsoft windows search filter host & protocol host

Microsoft Windows Search Filter Host 57.4% CPU … help please ...

Poindexter1978, May 18, 2019
  3. Microsoft Windows Search Filter Host/Search Protocol Host have high CPU usage even after indexing has completed

I also have new ASUS UX390 notebook and have the same issue with the Search Filter Host and Search Protocol Host running constantly, which is causing my CPU to run VERY HOT, which will ultimately cause major issues if not fixed. I tried the sfc /scannow
    from the command prompt but received the message: You must be an administrator running a console session in order to use the sfc utility. I am the only user of this PC -- how do I run this as an administrator? Most of the applications in the listing of
    Programs, offer Administrator Mode as an option.

DAEastburn, May 18, 2019
  4. zhouyh13 Win User

Microsoft Windows Search Filter Host/Search Protocol Host have high CPU usage even after...

Microsoft Windows Search Filter Host/Search Protocol Host have high CPU usage even after indexing has completed

Hi, I had just installed Windows 10 Enterprise 1607 (build 14393.105) on my computer, and I noticed that the fans were always running. Looking into task manager and I found that "Microsoft Windows Search Filter Host" and "Microsoft Windows Search Protocol
    Host" were always using >40% CPU combined. I check "indexing options" in control panel, but it says "indexing complete". I tried "delete and rebuild index", and it finished within 30min, but the two processes above were still running and sucking cpu for no
    reason.

I tried "trouble shooting windows search" but it returned no problems.

Anyone know how to fix this issue?

zhouyh13, May 18, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Windows Search Filter Host/Search Protocol Host have high CPU usage even after...

1. Microsoft Windows Search Filter Host/Search Protocol Host have high CPU usage even after... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Search Filter

2. console window host high cpu usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    console window host high cpu usage: Certainly! Here's a revised version of your comment: "I'm experiencing an issue with the Console Window Host process on my Windows 10 64-bit PC. Occasionally, the console host window randomly consumes a high amount of CPU usage, up to 30%, while using very little memory,...
  3. console window host high cpu usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    console window host high cpu usage: Certainly! Here's a revised version of your comment: "I'm experiencing an issue with the Console Window Host process on my Windows 10 64-bit PC. Occasionally, the console host window randomly consumes a high amount of CPU usage, up to 30%, while using very little memory,...
  4. Service Host, High CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Host, High CPU Usage: I have followed instructions in another post but it is still high in usage. I tried ending the task but it would keep popping up a second later....
  5. Service Host, High CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Service Host, High CPU Usage: I have followed instructions in another post but it is still high in usage. I tried ending the task but it would keep popping up a second later....
  6. Service Host, High CPU Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host has stopped working

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host has stopped working: [ATTACH]During the course of normal everyday usage of your Windows 11 or Windows 10 PC, you may experience the Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host has stopped working issue. This post provides the most suitable solutions affected PC users can apply to easily resolve this...
  8. Search Protocol Host hogging internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search Protocol Host hogging internet: The last few days search protocol host has been using internet continuously. In the last four days it has used 14 GB of data. Some for SMB has also used over 4 GB of data in the last four days.[ATTACH]...
  9. Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host - 100 % CPU USAGE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host - 100 % CPU USAGE: SOMEBODY PLEASE SHARE SOME SOLUTION FOR THIS.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-windows-search-protocol-host-100-cpu/58cff87a-25c5-459c-80f4-97304526ca7f
  10. Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host - McAfee Warning

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host - McAfee Warning: Why does Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host need to access the internet? McAfee is giving me a warning. Do I block or allow this program?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft windows search protocol host memory and cpu