Windows 10: Microsoft Windows Search Protocol has stopped working

Discus and support Microsoft Windows Search Protocol has stopped working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I keep getting the prompt that Microsoft Windows Search Protocol has stopped working, here are the details from the prompt:Problem signature: Problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by katya b, May 10, 2022.

1. katya b Win User

Microsoft Windows Search Protocol has stopped working

I keep getting the prompt that Microsoft Windows Search Protocol has stopped working, here are the details from the promptMicrosoft Windows Search Protocol has stopped working :problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: SearchProtocolHost.exe Application Version: 7.0.9600.19913 Application Timestamp: 5fd02ab3 Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll Fault Module Version: 6.3.9600.20144 Fault Module Timestamp: 615be9b3 Exception Code: c000012f Exception Offset: 000000000

:)

katya b, May 10, 2022

2. Windows Security - Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host

Hi Marc,

To further isolate the issue, please provide the following information:

• Were there any changes made on your computer before this issue came up?
    • Are there any error messages or error codes that appeared after entering your email and password?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you follow the
    steps
    provided by Kate Li.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, May 10, 2022
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 10, 2022
  4. Microsoft Windows Search Protocol has stopped working

Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host

Hi Alan,

The possible root cause for that dialogue box is that, the Search Indexer is trying to index everything that your Outlook client has access to, which would include all those accounts that you have accessed.
    If that's the case, then you get yet another reason to do a profile cleanup, especially if you aren't going to access those accounts anymore. It's just wasting resources on your machine.

To stop this, you have to remove the account from the mail accounts in Control Panel:

• Go to Control Panel then User Accounts.
    • Choose Mail (Microsoft Outlook)
    • Click Show Profiles and remove all the profiles that you don't need.
    For added reference you can also check this
    link
    coming from out TechNet site.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, May 10, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft Windows Search Protocol has stopped working

1. Microsoft Windows Search Protocol has stopped working - Similar Threads - Microsoft Search Protocol

2. Stop Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host from indexing network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host from indexing network: How do I control which network shares get indexed by Windows Search Protocol Host?I wanted to compare something in the original Baldur's Gate II and the new Enhanced Edition that was given away on Amazon Prime last summer, so I booted up my old Windows98SE/XP computer where I...
  3. Stop Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host from indexing network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host from indexing network: How do I control which network shares get indexed by Windows Search Protocol Host?I wanted to compare something in the original Baldur's Gate II and the new Enhanced Edition that was given away on Amazon Prime last summer, so I booted up my old Windows98SE/XP computer where I...
  4. Microsoft Windows Search Protocol has stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Windows Search Protocol has stopped working: I keep getting the prompt that Microsoft Windows Search Protocol has stopped working, here are the details from the prompt:Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: SearchProtocolHost.exe Application Version: 7.0.9600.19913 Application Timestamp:...
  5. Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host has stopped working

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host has stopped working: [ATTACH]During the course of normal everyday usage of your Windows 11 or Windows 10 PC, you may experience the Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host has stopped working issue. This post provides the most suitable solutions affected PC users can apply to easily resolve this...
  6. My search bar has stopped working.

in Cortana
    My search bar has stopped working.: It's been 10 days since I did an update. My last quality update was: September 14, 2021—KB5005565 OS Builds 19041.1237, 19042.1237, and 19043.1237Two days ago, I noticed my system was running 100% HDDSo I came on here and followed the directions below in quotations it did...
  7. Windows Search and File Explorer Search has stopped working.

in Cortana
    Windows Search and File Explorer Search has stopped working.: Hello, Microsoft forums! This problem started a few weeks ago where my Search in my taskbar stopped working, where when you click on it nothing happens. I later discovered that the folder search in File Explorer has also stopped working in the same vein as the taskbar one....
  8. Microsoft Excel has stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Excel has stopped working: My computer shows the following display when I try to open either Excel or Word. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available As I have already had to have the hard drive replaced on...
  9. Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host - McAfee Warning

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host - McAfee Warning: Why does Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host need to access the internet? McAfee is giving me a warning. Do I block or allow this program?...
  10. Pressing Windows Key and then typing search has stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Pressing Windows Key and then typing search has stopped working: I'm sure it's not my imagination. I use to be able to press the Windows Key, the Start Menu would pop up and then I could simply start typing the name of whatever program I wanted to launch. Since the last update (15063.608), that doesn't work. It appears that the "Type here...