Windows 10: Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host - 100 % CPU USAGE

Discus and support Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host - 100 % CPU USAGE in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; SOMEBODY PLEASE SHARE SOME SOLUTION FOR THIS.[ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dev9312, Apr 21, 2020.

1. dev9312 Win User

Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host - 100 % CPU USAGE

SOMEBODY PLEASE SHARE SOME SOLUTION FOR THIS. Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host - 100 % CPU USAGE 2d0131d6-0395-4968-9d36-f5fe13afdaf9?upload=true.png

:)

dev9312, Apr 21, 2020
  2. Wysiwig Win User

cpu usage at 100%

CPU usage at 100% from start up for no apparently good reason. Service Host appears to be the problem but I cant narrow it down more than that at present.

Any suggestions?

I am using Windows 10 full release version 64 bit.

Wysiwig, Apr 21, 2020
  3. How to Solve - high cpu usage - microsoft windows search filter host & protocol host

Microsoft Windows Search Filter Host 57.4% CPU … help please ...

Poindexter1978, Apr 21, 2020
  4. Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host - 100 % CPU USAGE

Microsoft Windows Search Filter Host/Search Protocol Host have high CPU usage even after indexing has completed

Hi, I had just installed Windows 10 Enterprise 1607 (build 14393.105) on my computer, and I noticed that the fans were always running. Looking into task manager and I found that "Microsoft Windows Search Filter Host" and "Microsoft Windows Search Protocol
    Host" were always using >40% CPU combined. I check "indexing options" in control panel, but it says "indexing complete". I tried "delete and rebuild index", and it finished within 30min, but the two processes above were still running and sucking cpu for no
    reason.

I tried "trouble shooting windows search" but it returned no problems.

Anyone know how to fix this issue?

Samuel Bar 11, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host - 100 % CPU USAGE

1. Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host - 100 % CPU USAGE - Similar Threads - Microsoft Search Protocol

2. 100% cpu usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% cpu usage: My pc has been throwing a code randomly when I update/restart my pc something for a fan which one of mine needs to be replaced but now I restarted and got the code I usually just restart it again and it’ll work this time my pc booted up and nothing would open or it was...
  3. Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host has stopped working

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host has stopped working: [ATTACH]During the course of normal everyday usage of your Windows 11 or Windows 10 PC, you may experience the Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host has stopped working issue. This post provides the most suitable solutions affected PC users can apply to easily resolve this...
  4. Search Protocol Host hogging internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search Protocol Host hogging internet: The last few days search protocol host has been using internet continuously. In the last four days it has used 14 GB of data. Some for SMB has also used over 4 GB of data in the last four days.[ATTACH]...
  5. CPU usage at 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU usage at 100%: Hi!My name is Luca and from like 2 weeks ago my laptop started lagging.At first i didnt know what it was,but when i watched some videos online i looked at my task manager and the CPU was at 100%.I watched so many videos online but it didn't work.My laptop i an ASUS AMD Ryzen...
  6. 100% cpu usage

100% cpu usage: I have begun to notice when I have my charger plugged into my laptop, it causes my CPU usage to shoot up to 100%. However, when I unplug my charger it drops down to around 20%-30%. Does this mean my laptop charger is playing up? Or is there something running on my pc that Is...
  7. CPU 100% usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CPU 100% usage: I have two issues with windows 10, first issue is that, the taskbar in windows 10 showing me that the CPU is being used 100%. In Ubuntu it's running smoothly. I didn't have the issue windows until this morning. So after trying multiple solution from online the CPU still shows...
  8. Microsoft Windows Search Filter Host/Search Protocol Host have high CPU usage even after...

Microsoft Windows Search Filter Host/Search Protocol Host have high CPU usage even after...: Hi, I had just installed Windows 10 Enterprise 1607 (build 14393.105) on my computer, and I noticed that the fans were always running. Looking into task manager and I found that "Microsoft Windows Search Filter Host" and "Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host" were always...
  9. Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host - McAfee Warning

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host - McAfee Warning: Why does Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host need to access the internet? McAfee is giving me a warning. Do I block or allow this program?...
  10. 100% CPU usage.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    100% CPU usage.: Hi all. I sometimes use Xilisoft audio convertor and it puts CPU usage through the roof, sits on 100%. I do not use other progs to compare this to. Consequently PC slows down sometimes freezes, web slow to load etc. Is this normal. New install of win 10, 2 months ago. 8 gig...