Windows 10: Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host - McAfee Warning

Discus and support Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host - McAfee Warning in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why does Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host need to access the internet? McAfee is giving me a warning. Do I block or allow this program?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MS_WOW, Sep 18, 2018.

1. MS_WOW Win User

Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host - McAfee Warning

Why does Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host need to access the internet? McAfee is giving me a warning. Do I block or allow this program?

:)

MS_WOW, Sep 18, 2018

2. Windows Security - Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host

Hi Marc,

To further isolate the issue, please provide the following information:

• Were there any changes made on your computer before this issue came up?
    • Are there any error messages or error codes that appeared after entering your email and password?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you follow the
    steps
    provided by Kate Li.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Sep 18, 2018
  3. MIcrosoft Windows Search Protocol Host

I am trying to delete a file, but keep getting this dialogue box:

This action can't be completed because the file is open in Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host.

Close the file and try again.

So where (or more specifically how) do I close the file?

RebeccaPWinsett, Sep 18, 2018
  4. Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host - McAfee Warning

microsoft windows search protocol host

The operating system is not actually configured to execute thia application: Microsoft Windows Search Protocol

FerreiraRaposo, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host - McAfee Warning

1. Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host - McAfee Warning - Similar Threads - Microsoft Search Protocol

2. Stop Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host from indexing network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host from indexing network: How do I control which network shares get indexed by Windows Search Protocol Host?I wanted to compare something in the original Baldur's Gate II and the new Enhanced Edition that was given away on Amazon Prime last summer, so I booted up my old Windows98SE/XP computer where I...
  3. Stop Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host from indexing network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host from indexing network: How do I control which network shares get indexed by Windows Search Protocol Host?I wanted to compare something in the original Baldur's Gate II and the new Enhanced Edition that was given away on Amazon Prime last summer, so I booted up my old Windows98SE/XP computer where I...
  4. Microsoft Windows Search Protocol has stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Windows Search Protocol has stopped working: I keep getting the prompt that Microsoft Windows Search Protocol has stopped working, here are the details from the prompt:Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: SearchProtocolHost.exe Application Version: 7.0.9600.19913 Application Timestamp:...
  5. Microsoft Windows Search Protocol has stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Windows Search Protocol has stopped working: I keep getting the prompt that Microsoft Windows Search Protocol has stopped working, here are the details from the prompt:Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: SearchProtocolHost.exe Application Version: 7.0.9600.19913 Application Timestamp:...
  6. Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host has stopped working

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host has stopped working: [ATTACH]During the course of normal everyday usage of your Windows 11 or Windows 10 PC, you may experience the Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host has stopped working issue. This post provides the most suitable solutions affected PC users can apply to easily resolve this...
  7. Search Protocol Host hogging internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search Protocol Host hogging internet: The last few days search protocol host has been using internet continuously. In the last four days it has used 14 GB of data. Some for SMB has also used over 4 GB of data in the last four days.[ATTACH]...
  8. Where does the Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host searchindexer.exe store its logs?

in Cortana
    Where does the Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host searchindexer.exe store its logs?: I'd like to view the logs of SearchIndexer.exe to see what files it's indexing/ what files it has recently added to or updated in the index. It doesn't seem to have an EventVwr -> Applications and Services Logs entry, nor have I been able to locate a text file for it in...
  9. Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host - 100 % CPU USAGE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host - 100 % CPU USAGE: SOMEBODY PLEASE SHARE SOME SOLUTION FOR THIS.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-windows-search-protocol-host-100-cpu/58cff87a-25c5-459c-80f4-97304526ca7f
  10. Microsoft Windows Search Filter Host/Search Protocol Host have high CPU usage even after...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Windows Search Filter Host/Search Protocol Host have high CPU usage even after...: Hi, I had just installed Windows 10 Enterprise 1607 (build 14393.105) on my computer, and I noticed that the fans were always running. Looking into task manager and I found that "Microsoft Windows Search Filter Host" and "Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host" were always...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft windows search protocol host

2. windows search protocol host warning

3. microsoft windows search protocol host accesing the internet?

4. mcafee and windows search,
  5. why does Windows Search Protocol Host want to access the Internet?