Windows 10: Microsoft Windows Stopped Working

Discus and support Microsoft Windows Stopped Working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey all! Just writing in regards to my little brothers laptop. He has a Aspire E15 - E5 - 575G - 50MF He told me as he was using it, the laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Vellaura, Mar 13, 2021.

1. Vellaura Win User

Microsoft Windows Stopped Working

Hey all!

Just writing in regards to my little brothers laptop.

He has a Aspire E15 - E5 - 575G - 50MF

He told me as he was using it, the laptop would become incredibly slow and unresponsive. I had a look, basically you could move the mouse and everything but you couldn't do anything, click on anything and ctrl + alt + del would not work.

Until eventually a message came up along the lines of "Microsoft Windows" has stopped working, and it was basically stuck, so I had to force shutdown the laptop.

Restarted it, loading into windows took a long while but it eventually loaded in all fine. It behaves a little slow despite not much happening in task manager.

I remember this happened once before a really long time ago and I had to reformat and jump through a whole bunch of loops, it was very frustrating.

What kind of tests or procedures could I run to help determine the issue or figure out what's happening. Something tells me bloody windows went and installed updates into some random place and the files are all stuffed around.

Thank you Microsoft Windows Stopped Working :)

Windows Version 20H2

:)

Vellaura, Mar 13, 2021
  2. Mark Isi Win User

Microsoft Edge has stopped woorking

Hello,

There may be a number of reasons why suddenly Edge would stop working. The first troubleshooting step that we can try is to run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. Check out
    this link for more information and download link for the troubleshooter.

If the above step won't work, we also suggest resetting Edge. For this, follow the steps below:

• Close Microsoft Edge browser.
    • On the Cortana search bar, type Default App settings.
    • Click on Microsoft Edge (the list may not include Edge if your operating system is not on Creators Update.)
    • Under Microsoft Edge, click Advanced options.
    • Click the Reset button and confirm.
    • Restart your PC.
    Note: Your PC must be updated to the latest version of Windows for this troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Isi, Mar 13, 2021
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 13, 2021
  4. Microsoft Windows Stopped Working

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Mar 13, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Windows Stopped Working

1. Microsoft Windows Stopped Working - Similar Threads - Microsoft Stopped Working

2. Microsoft Keyboard stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Keyboard stopped working: After a recent Win10 update my Microsoft keyboard stopped working. Uninstalled/re-Installed. Even bought a brand new keyboard and mouse and installed new software. No effect. My computer will not recognize the physical keyboard at all. After much digging it turns out that a...
  3. Microsoft Keyboard stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Keyboard stopped working: After a recent Win10 update my Microsoft keyboard stopped working. Uninstalled/re-Installed. Even bought a brand new keyboard and mouse and installed new software. No effect. My computer will not recognize the physical keyboard at all. After much digging it turns out that a...
  4. Microsoft Keyboard stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "Microsoft SharePoint stopped working."

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Microsoft SharePoint stopped working.": I get repeated error messages that "Microsoft SharePoint stopped working." I don't know what that is or how to stop it from "not working."Can I uninstall or otherwise remove it?I have discovered that, unbeknownst to me, Microsoft 365 was installed on my computer on January...
  6. microsoft windows operating system stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft windows operating system stopped working: SourceMicrosoft® Windows® Operating SystemSummaryStopped workingDate‎12/‎3/‎2021 1:19 PMStatusReport sentDescriptionFaulting Application Path: C:\Windows\SystemApps\MicrosoftWindows.Client.CBS_cw5n1h2txyewy\TextInputHost.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name:...
  7. Microsoft Apps Stopped Working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Apps Stopped Working: Hello, For a while now my microsoft store apps have stopped working Calculator, Xbox, etc.. The apps don't even show up in the apps and features list in settings. Here's some things I've tried already: -wsreset.exe, the program ran but it didn't fix anything...
  8. Microsoft Store stopped working

Microsoft Store stopped working: The issue occurred yesterday and I don’t know its reason. I cannot open the Store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-stopped-working/1172e3da-2749-462f-a5d5-9332c4c9c085
  9. Microsoft Store stopped working

Microsoft Store stopped working: In the past few days To Do stopped working on my Windows 10 PC. In the process of trying to fix it I discovered that Windows Store isn't working and that's preventing me from repairing/reinstalling To Do. Any help please?...
  10. Microsoft photo stopped working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft photo stopped working.: Good day, my Microsoft photo stopped working, how do I get it working again. In the settings under photo's it says I can reset, but if I press the button a warning message that I might loos info, I am not clear on what info I would loose. Can you elaborate on it please?...