Windows 10: Microsoft windows stops responding with window appearing 'end process' only happening...

Discus and support Microsoft windows stops responding with window appearing 'end process' only happening... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Whenever i boot up my PC or half way through doing something or when i use an aplication that is probably is using alot of memory, graphics and ram... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by danW-771, Apr 16, 2021.

1. danW-771 Win User

Microsoft windows stops responding with window appearing 'end process' only happening...

Whenever i boot up my PC or half way through doing something or when i use an aplication that is probably is using alot of memory, graphics and ram sometimes windows starts freezing and windows stops responding but then after a couple of minutes the aplication crashes. However, the booting one seems to be getting worse - sometimes when i boot my taskbar freezes up only showing the resize icon whenever i hover over it then when i click it starts freezing and loading curser on desctop then my whole computer freezes. Now sometimes after this, my desktop flashes blak and it goes back to normal but sometimes the whole screen goes slighty greyish and completelt freezes with the box. Before I have experienced a blue screen fatal graphics error which went into a corrupted file fixer thing on boot! I have kaspersky premium anti-virus and followed all steps in some guide saying to troubleshoot this PC nothing happened, update my drivers which i do regularly using support assist anyways and then ran a system file checker which actually found a corrupted files but the problem still persists someimes on boot and also installed a windows 10 update! Although, my laptop is pretty slow, it still works perfectly fine for most games etc.

Any more info needed to get to the bottom of this i will be happy to provide Microsoft windows stops responding with window appearing 'end process'  only happening... :D

:)

danW-771, Apr 16, 2021
  2. hellrazor Win User

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Apr 16, 2021
  3. Microsoft Botches Up UEFI Support for Windows 7 on ASUS Motherboards

Microsoft windows stops responding with window appearing 'end process'  only happening... [​IMG]

Microsoft suggests updating to Windows 10 to patch Windows 7
    • Tweet
    • Facebook
    • Google plus
    • Send to
    9 Comments

MICROSOFT HAS confirmed a potentially lappy-borking problem that it won't be fixing, because Windows 7.

Woody Leonhard, the respected Windows columnist, points to a problem involving Asus motherboards, which also appear rebadged in a variety of other manufacturers' machines, and the activation of UEFI Secure Boot for Windows 7 in a patch KB3133977.

Short version: install update, welcome to Borksville, population you.

Both Asus and Microsoft acknowledged the problem. Microsoft entitled the article "BitLocker can't encrypt drives because of service crashes in svchost.exe process in Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2", but we prefer to just call it "Trevor for brevity."

The firm's advice was that it's an optional update, leave well alone, you'll be fine, or alternatively turn secure boot off.

Then Microsoft did a silly, silly thing.

It moved the update from 'optional' to 'recommended' and anyone who reads this site regularly will know what happens when Microsoft does this. That's right boys and girls - it makes it automatically install, unless you've specifically told your machine not to.

So now, if you have one of the affected motherboard and you keep your security updates automatic like wot Microsoft recommends, then your machine will stop working properly.

We should add it's not permanently bricked, but it will take some mucking about in the BIOS to fix and that's a pain even for an experienced computer user.

Microsoft has, by offering a workaround, suggested heavily that it won't be fixing the problem, though we have asked the question, so expect a response in about a fortnight.

But the real kicker is this piece of advice: "Note The Secure Boot feature is supported in Windows 10. To learn more about the security advantages of this feature and about the upgrade path from Windows 7 to Windows 10, go to the following Windows website"

Holy toledo, this company really knows how to rub people up the wrong way.

After all - if the advice is to manually avoid the update or move to a version of the operating system where there's virtually no control over updates, then Microsoft is dealing in massive contradictions.

A more cynical site would suggest that it's yet another example of Microsoft running Windows 7 into the ground and adding built in obsolescence to encourage quicker updates. But we're not that sort of site.

Its the patching to force secure boot that is the problem win 7 does not support secure boot
    hence it borks systems and well microsofts answer is Cactus >your Asshole > insert

from the inquirer

dorsetknob, Apr 16, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Microsoft windows stops responding with window appearing 'end process' only happening...

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Microsoft windows stops responding with window appearing 'end process' only happening... - Similar Threads - Microsoft stops responding

2. Something happened in our end - Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something happened in our end - Microsoft store: Hello! I Just want to update apps and install Spotify and I got code: 0x80246008 anyone know how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-happened-in-our-end-microsoft-store/fd41753a-67ef-42f4-9b9b-9070172b3bc8
  3. Windows host process Rundll32 is not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows host process Rundll32 is not responding: I'm on Windows 11. Windows update pushed the following update to my computer on 28 Oct 22. <<October 25, 2022-KB5018859 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.8 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11>>Since then, I've been having printing issues with this message: Windows host...
  4. Windows host process Rundll32 is not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows host process Rundll32 is not responding: I'm on Windows 11. Windows update pushed the following update to my computer on 28 Oct 22. <<October 25, 2022-KB5018859 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.8 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11>>Since then, I've been having printing issues with this message: Windows host...
  5. So today this happened, no surprise what happens when you end process for windows :)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So today this happened, no surprise what happens when you end process for windows :): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DessieFarrell [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iob7c6/so_today_this_happened_no_surprise_what_happens/
  6. Windows File Explorer Stops Responding BUT ONLY FOR D:\ DRIVE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows File Explorer Stops Responding BUT ONLY FOR D:\ DRIVE: Hi, I have a fairly new Lenovo ideapad 330S (four months old). It came with two hard drives, a 120GB C;\ drive where the OS is installed, and a 1TB D:\ drive. As per my Device Manager these are two separate physical hard drives, the D:\ drive is Western Digital (WDC...
  7. Ended windows explorer process

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Ended windows explorer process: Hello, i accedentally ended windows explorer not from task manager. My laptop is pretty old and is starting to have slower and worse performance. Windows explorer stopped working and it showed a message to end process. I clicked on end process and everything vanished. Which...
  8. End Process Microsoft Click to Run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    End Process Microsoft Click to Run: Hey guys i like to ask it is fine to end process microsoft click to run ? I accidently end process MCtR from task manager because they downloading some office updates i believe, which makes my online game lagging. I hope its not broke my microsoft office software because i...
  9. windows responding slowly....what's happening?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows responding slowly....what's happening?: Not pretty sure the config of my PC but it's intel i5 2th or 3th generation, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD. The CPU has been used for 6+ years. SSD and RAM were new in 2016, currently running windows 10 Home. I don't install or run any games on my PC. Windows update is done from...
  10. "Microsoft Windows, application not responding".Why is this happening?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "Microsoft Windows, application not responding".Why is this happening?: Hi, really annoying issue I keep encountering. Wondering if you can help as I look online and there are no solutions. -I turned PC on, opened origin and google chrome then it froze. Screen went to grey, you could still see desktop folders/wallpaper, then the message...