Windows 10: Microsoft/Windows Store Not Working After Resetting Windows

Discus and support Microsoft/Windows Store Not Working After Resetting Windows in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I previously had a problem with different apps not opening, which after troubleshooting, I resorted to resetting Windows. This made things worse as the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by reindeer78, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Microsoft/Windows Store Not Working After Resetting Windows

I previously had a problem with different apps not opening, which after troubleshooting, I resorted to resetting Windows. This made things worse as the Windows Store app no longer opens at all. I've reset Windows again from .iso image which did not fix the problem. Following the advice given to othersand from other various sites, I have attempted the following with no avail:

• Ran wsreset.exe - "Needs new app to open" message.
    • Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter - "Store cache damaged".
    • Windows updated, anti-virus turned off, reboot - no effect.
    • Added new user and checked their Store - broken as well.
    • Reinstall the store on PowerShell with Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"} - Access denied.
    • Reset the software distribution as per previously linked advice then reattempted PowerShell reinstallation - access still denied.
    • Tried reinstalling all apps via PowerShell - access denied
    • Changed ownership of C:\Program Files\WindowsApps and C:\Users\Me\AppData\Local\Packages to admin then Users and tried all previous steps again - no effect.

Couldn't find anything else what to do so any new suggestions would be very welcome!

:)

reindeer78, Oct 29, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 29, 2019
  3. qubit Win User
    Microsoft Details Reset and Refresh Features Built Into Windows 8

InfoWorld isn't so impressed with this feature and their article makes for interesting reading. Me? I'm not so negative about it as I think it sounds useful.

So, what do you think of it?

qubit, Oct 29, 2019
  4. John Fer Win User

Microsoft/Windows Store Not Working After Resetting Windows

microsoft windows store doesnt work properly

We suggest resetting your Windows store to help with your issue. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Type Settings on Cortana search box then press Enter.
    • Click on Apps.
    • On the Search this list box, type in Store.
    • Click on Store then click on Advance options.
    • Click on Reset.

Let us know if this works for you.

John Fer, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft/Windows Store Not Working After Resetting Windows

1. Microsoft/Windows Store Not Working After Resetting Windows - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Working

2. Microsoft store not found after reset of microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store not found after reset of microsoft store: All i have done is i did reset of microsoft store and then it was not opening and then i saw powershall command to uninstall it completely, then i did like that now my microsoft store is not showing and i did that command to get it back and even that command is not working....
  3. Microsoft store not found after reset of microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store not found after reset of microsoft store: All i have done is i did reset of microsoft store and then it was not opening and then i saw powershall command to uninstall it completely, then i did like that now my microsoft store is not showing and i did that command to get it back and even that command is not working....
  4. Microsoft store not working after reset Its cache

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store not working after reset Its cache: I'm really tired of this problem i changed my windows for many times and still have the problem microsoft store didn't install the apps after downloading and i reset its cache and after resetting its cache IT IS NOT OPENING ANYMORE NOT EVEN WITH WSRESET.EXE and I cant...
  5. Microsoft store not working after reset Its cache

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store not working after reset Its cache: I'm really tired of this problem i changed my windows for many times and still have the problem microsoft store didn't install the apps after downloading and i reset its cache and after resetting its cache IT IS NOT OPENING ANYMORE NOT EVEN WITH WSRESET.EXE and I cant...
  6. Microsoft store not working after reset Its cache

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. No Microsoft Store after Windows reset

No Microsoft Store after Windows reset: Brand new ASUS Zenbook Duo UX482EG-XS74I accidentally messed up some security/ownership settings and Windows got real wonky on me. System Restore wouldn't work so the only option was a full Windows re-install. Unfortunately, after a "successful" re-install, there was no...
  8. Microsoft store reset not working

Microsoft store reset not working: Hello! This morning, Microsoft store wasn't working. When I was downloading Netflix, it said that it was acquiring license and nothing happened. I was following a tutorial and they said that I would need to reset the app from settings so I did. When Microsoft store was...
  9. Microsoft Store disappeared after windows reset

Microsoft Store disappeared after windows reset: Hi Team,I did windows reset recently and after reset I am not able to see MS Store anymore.I have also tried wsreset.exe and troubleshooting from settings but no progress.I also checked in registry and could not find windows Store in HKLM-Apps. Looks like it didnt install...
  10. No Microsoft store after windows 10 reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Microsoft store after windows 10 reset: Hi I am using windows 10 version 2004 . It was working too slow so i rese my PC. But after completing reset , there was no ms store and other widows trusted apps installed . here is a screenshot of windows apps folder : [ATTACH] What should I do?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. resetting windows doesnt reinstall windows store