Windows 10: Microsoft Windows update system destruction?

Discus and support Microsoft Windows update system destruction? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello there everyone. Am I doing something wrong? Why is it that "EVERY SINGLE TIME" my system updates, windows apps, windows store and windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Brazilian Brain, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Microsoft Windows update system destruction?

Hello there everyone. Am I doing something wrong?

Why is it that "EVERY SINGLE TIME" my system updates, windows apps, windows store and windows features will stop working/break?

The software I develop keeps working, every single 3rd party application keeps working. Everything works!

In the mean time, windows Taredo Service will stop working (100% guaranteed every update), skype will stop working... Anything related to the windows store will stop working every time there is an update.

Why is it that every application BUT official windows applications works on Win 10?

I mean... shouldn't apps from Microsoft run better on windows than apps made by 3rd party?

Am I doing something wrong?

100% of the times I format my computer, is because a part of windows that I need stops working due to an update.

My windows mail app stopped working after the last update too. I don't care about taredo or skype, although they also stopped working. But this happens way too often. I quit playing ALL microsoft games for a reason.

Microsoft should revise and fully test the updates before releasing software... Specially with the new "forceful update culture".

I lost money last time I had trouble with an update. Windows turned windows defender on after an update with out my input (which I strictly keep disabled), then windows defender deleted my highly obfuscated .exe (i had lost the source code). Windows defender was somehow corrupted because I was unable to open windows defender to remove the file from quarantine. Also, I tried searching for the file manually, researched for hours finding the path for the quarantine folder, no file there. But the file was in windows defender's history, it just wouldn't let me do anything it crashed with an error code every time I tried to do something.

I am running a business, if I can't rely on my operating system, what do I do?

Windows 10 shouldn't force updates on us... Even when I set the connection as metered, it will disable it self, and download the damn files.

****, I'm so mad, I have 16 email accounts inside this windows mail app, windows store isn't working so I can't even re install the email app...

:)

Brazilian Brain, Oct 23, 2019

2. Microsoft to Revamp Activation System with Windows 9

So... Lost an account - lost everything, huh? Don't like this system much, but I can't really blame Microsoft for doing that as long as it's the most popular way of handling "protected" stuff (Steam is a "good" example).
    There are even few advantages:
    • An access to updated and "personalized" ISOs (for example, purchasing Windows 8 will give you Windows 8.1 and Windows 8.1 Update when they come out). No need to struggle with Windows ADK anymore.
    • Easy way of "unbinding" your license if you don't need it on your current (running) system and wish to install it on another machine.

Constantine Yevseyev, Oct 23, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Microsoft to Test Windows 7 Update System

Having propagated Windows 7 RC to a sizable amount of users, Microsoft has created an ideal environment to test the operating system's update system. To test it, Microsoft will release up to ten mock updates this week, starting from Tuesday. The updates do not affect the system in any way, except that they are used by Microsoft to test how the update system itself is able to deal with the various kinds of updates to the OS and its components, in various scenarios generated by people's different hardware configurations and software environments.

These however, won't be the first updates Windows 7 RC received so far. On May 7, Microsoft released a critical-update that fixes an important stability issue with the 32-bit version of Windows 7 RC. Most mock-updates will install automatically. A certain mock-update will also test a notification feature. This particular update will not install automatically, but rather the user will be prompted to install it (which is what is being tested). To decline from testing the updates, users must toggle Automatic Updates to a setting other than what the OS recommends. Under the hood, the mock-updates simply replace system files with their exact duplicates that are downloaded, hence the system isn't affected in any way. Tests such as these will help Microsoft come up with a much more stable OS when it finally releases.

Sources: WindowsTeamBlog, PC World

btarunr, Oct 23, 2019
  4. Microsoft Windows update system destruction?

Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Oct 23, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Windows update system destruction?

1. Microsoft Windows update system destruction? - Similar Threads - Microsoft update system

2. Is microsoft windows 11 suppose to self destruct when you sign in with a microsoft account...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is microsoft windows 11 suppose to self destruct when you sign in with a microsoft account...: Recently I bought a new asus vivobook laptop in person, when I got it it was in the box and everything the seller said not to log in to anything because the system was pirated. Out of curiosity I used my microsoft account to log in to the system and the system I guess self...
  3. Is microsoft windows 11 suppose to self destruct when you sign in with a microsoft account...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is microsoft windows 11 suppose to self destruct when you sign in with a microsoft account...: Recently I bought a new asus vivobook laptop in person, when I got it it was in the box and everything the seller said not to log in to anything because the system was pirated. Out of curiosity I used my microsoft account to log in to the system and the system I guess self...
  4. Why is Microsoft Update invasive and destructive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is Microsoft Update invasive and destructive?: WTF???Why does Microsoft feel they have the right to force my computer to shutdown and update itself without getting an acceptance prompt from me, the owner and user of the computer? I had work in progress and left it overnight. The next day I found that your invasive...
  5. Why is Microsoft Update invasive and destructive?

Why is Microsoft Update invasive and destructive?: WTF???Why does Microsoft feel they have the right to force my computer to shutdown and update itself without getting an acceptance prompt from me, the owner and user of the computer? I had work in progress and left it overnight. The next day I found that your invasive...
  6. Why was KB4601554 cumulative update so destructive?

Why was KB4601554 cumulative update so destructive?: My system recently received the May 10, 2021 Windows 21H1 update. Immediately after finishing the update windows update automatically download and applied KB4601554 , May 11, 2021-KB4601554 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.After system restart every user...
  7. Destructive Windows update - SSD destroyed - Quite the PITA

Destructive Windows update - SSD destroyed - Quite the PITA: I need to share my upgrade experience here as Microsoft has several failures here that need to be remedied and addressed, hopefully this feedback won't fall on deaf ears here on the community forums. I just completed another custom PC build for myself, re-used my Windows...
  8. HELP! Windows just became self-destructive!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP! Windows just became self-destructive!: Hi all, Today was a really, really bad day. I am a music producer, and today I decided to finally render my latest project as I have the mastering appointment with my engineer tomorrow morning. Earlier today I got the message that my C drive was getting full. There was...
  9. Can't bypass destructive Windows Update from Microsoft

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't bypass destructive Windows Update from Microsoft: On my Win 10 Pro x64. Microsoft is insistent to install an update which trashes my secondary video adapter, an ATI Radeon HD 4600 series card. My global policies point to my WSUS server running Server 2012 R2 x64. On that WSUS, I declined all device drivers for the HD 4600....
  10. Disabling the Windows 10 Auto-destruct feature?

in Windows 10 Support
    Disabling the Windows 10 Auto-destruct feature?: I've been on Windows 10 for nearly two weeks. I turned my back on it this morning, and when I returned in an hour it had done something which: Restored Windows setting almost to a clean install state (some video settings survived) Regresses an update to Google Chrome from...