Windows 10: Microsoft/Windows Update USB 3.0 drivers don't function correctly on AMD Hudson D3 chipset...

Discus and support Microsoft/Windows Update USB 3.0 drivers don't function correctly on AMD Hudson D3 chipset... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Microsoft/Windows Update in Windows 10 seems to like to update drivers that it shouldn't, including Video, USB 3.0, SATA devices, most of which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dostatochno, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Microsoft/Windows Update USB 3.0 drivers don't function correctly on AMD Hudson D3 chipset...

Microsoft/Windows Update in Windows 10 seems to like to update drivers that it shouldn't, including Video, USB 3.0, SATA devices, most of which function better with old, out of date drivers from the manufacturer than they do with the Microsoft-provided drivers, assuming the Microsoft drivers work at all e.g. external Seagate Backup+ drives don't work properly on USB 3.0 ports if the Microsoft drivers are installed.
    In the case of AMD Hudson-D3 motherboards for AMD APUs like the A10-5xxx series, chipset drivers distributed by the manufacturer of the motherboard or by the PC Builder will likely be more effective, even if they're considerably older.
    As it turns out, a very recent AMD chipset driver release 2.10.13.408, found at this link: https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x570 -- click the plus by Windows 10 64-bit includes an up-to-date USB Filter and up to date AHCI, SMBus, USB3.0 Host Controller and Hub drivers that are all directly compatible with the older chipset's devices, although the main AMD installer only offers the SMBus driver which, AFAIK, doesn't actually do anything.

A number of other older AMD chipsets are also provided for incl. other Hudson chipsets and Bolton, so if you're in the market for an updated driver, check it out, read the readmes and such, verify hardware IDs open the .inf files from the driver folders in a text editor to check VID & PID against your actual hardware and proceed sensibly and carefully.

This is for moderately experienced users only since you need to use device manager and manually update each device's driver with one from a given location. It seems the *.msi files in the parent folders only make the driver files available for installation and don't actually install the drivers though I could be mistaken. Some of what I've written should be blatantly obvious to you if you have sufficient understanding, but I try not to assume too much.

If Windows tells you the driver isn't intended for your hardware, you should believe it and should not install the driver.

The chipset release referenced above extracts files to C:\AMD\Chipset_Driver_installer\AMD_Chipset_Drivers\IODrivers\ by default.

Inside of that folder:
    AHCI\SATA Driver\W7\x64 or x86 for 32-bit OS contains the driver for the SATA controller
    SMBus\SBxxxSMBus Driver\W7_W81\x86_x64 contains the SMBus driver

USB30_HD\USB3.0HostController Driver\x64 or x86 for 32-bit OS USB 3.0 Host Controller, obviously Hudson, not Bolton, I think - Check other USB30_* folders

USB30_HD_HUB\USB3.0Hub Driver\x64 or x86 for 32-bit OS USB 3.0 Root Hub Hudson, not Bolton, I think - Check other USB30_* folders

For each of these devices:
    Locate the appropriate device in Device Manager,
    Update Driver from properties or context menu on the device
    "Browse my computer for driver software"
    "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer"
    "Have disk"

Navigate to the folder listed above, click OK
    The driver install wizard should show a compatible hardware device if not, cancel and look elsewhere for drivers for your system.
    If so finalize the process in the Install wizard Confirm/Ok/Install or whatever.If the wizard reports the driver is not intended for your hardware, cancel and close the wizard and Device Manager. You probably have a different chipset and should find out which chipset it is and look elsewhere for the correct drivers for your system.

The process will have to be repeated for each USB 3.0 Host Controller and USB 3.0 Hub listed in device manager, though you should be able to select the AMD driver from a list instead of clicking "Have Disk" on subsequent HCs/Hubs.
    If the wizard says a restart is required after installing a driver particularly the SATA driver, do that.

After all of the USB devices are updated:
    Open the folder at USBFILTER\USB Filter Driver\WTx64 or WTx86, as appropriate, right-click on usbfilter.inf and choose install.

The folders above are the only entries that seemed immediately relevant for me. If anyone else notices something else in there that is likely to provide better-than-generic support for Hudson-D3 chipset devices, please let me know. Similarly, if you're reasonably sure I've made a glaring error, let me know.

:)

dostatochno, Oct 24, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Latest AMD Chipset Drivers Released

Latest AMD Crimson Chipset Drivers Released

Microsoft/Windows Update USB 3.0 drivers don't function correctly on AMD Hudson D3 chipset... [​IMG]
    Information WHQL version: 18.10.0830
    Release Date: September 4, 2018

Supports:

Windows® 7/10 for
    • 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processor
    • 7th-Gen AMD A-Series Processors
    • AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processor
    • AMD X470 Chipset
    • AMD X370 Chipset
    • AMD B450 Chipset
    • AMD B350 Chipset
    • AMD A320 Chipset
    Windows® 10 only for
    • 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ Processor
    • AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ Processor
    • AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processor with Radeon™ Vega Graphics
    • AMD X399 Chipset
    Package Includes:
    • AMD Chipset Drivers
    • AMD Ryzen™ Balanced Power Plan

AMD Chipsets Driver Download

Brink, Oct 24, 2020
  3. cognus Win User
    GOOD SATA driver for AMD Zacate/Hudson/E-series ????

found a few more drivers not specifically for these platforms but same under the hood: same components. For instance, SATA found on lenovo's X140E page works, and does not display the spurious traffic in the background - nice and quiet. Benchmarks tell the story however. I'm posting below AS-SSD benchmarks and the associated drivers. Tells the story. I'll stick with the 9 year old MS generic
    These first two benchmarks are with the MS Standard SATA Device Driver.

Microsoft/Windows Update USB 3.0 drivers don't function correctly on AMD Hudson D3 chipset... [​IMG]

cognus, Oct 24, 2020
  4. Microsoft/Windows Update USB 3.0 drivers don't function correctly on AMD Hudson D3 chipset...

AMD Driver for Windows 10 not Functioning

Hi,

Thank you posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing problems with AMD Drivers.

Please follow the steps given below to resolve this issue.

Uninstall and Reinstall the AMD
    Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the AMDDrivers.

a. Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b. Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

c. Search for the AMDDrivers from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”.
    On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

d. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    AMDDrivers and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Hope the information helps to fix the issue, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft/Windows Update USB 3.0 drivers don't function correctly on AMD Hudson D3 chipset...

1. Microsoft/Windows Update USB 3.0 drivers don't function correctly on AMD Hudson D3 chipset... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Update USB

2. AMD 500 chipset USB problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD 500 chipset USB problem: I copied a large amount of data on multiple sistems this weekend. I have X470 chipset and intel nuc 8259u. On all sistems i had dropouts so I think that problem is in Windows 10 or usb drivers and in chipsets. I have leatest bioses and 20h2 with leatest updates. USB standard...
  3. Update on USB connectivity with AMD 500 Series Chipset Motherboards

in Windows 10 News
    Update on USB connectivity with AMD 500 Series Chipset Motherboards: AMD is aware of reports that a small number of users are experiencing intermittent USB connectivity issues reported on 500 Series chipsets. We have been analyzing the root cause and at this time, we would like to request the community’s assistance with a small...
  4. I need help with the AMD Chipset Driver.

I need help with the AMD Chipset Driver.: I downloaded AMD Chipset Driver Version 19.30.28 from Asus. Now that it's installed, when I start up my PC I get: [ATTACH] If I click the button then it says Scanning for drive information and then disappears. Here's a list of the drivers: [ATTACH] I want to get rid...
  5. AMD chipset driver

AMD chipset driver: I was wondering what would happen if I installed wrong amd chipset driver an older version then reinstalled to a newer one from the manufacturer’s site? Could it cause problems with drivers and Windows? Thank you...
  6. Amd chipset question

Amd chipset question: So I've got a question about the amd b450 chipset drivers; Should I install it directly from amd? Should I install it directly from MSI (the motherboard I have)? Or should I grab it & install it from both sources when a update is available? 148398
  7. Drivers for AMD "Hudson" chipset, Zacate

Drivers for AMD "Hudson" chipset, Zacate: anyone here running Win10 on AMD notebook, Zacate family [earlier E series] ? just wondering how many drivers I'll be missing and how to find. I'm wanting to try this on Lenovo Thinkpad X120e 10 is running swell on my A4-3300m based HP G4-1117dx except for onboard...
  8. AMD Chipset Drivers and Windows 10

AMD Chipset Drivers and Windows 10: Recently, due to some hardware failures, I had to replace my motherboard. I also decided to reinstall Windows 10. When I went to install the chipset drivers (16.4.2 Crimson, 64-bit), the only things it wanted to install were graphics related. I can install these...
  9. Latest AMD Chipset Drivers Released

Latest AMD Chipset Drivers Released: Latest AMD Crimson Chipset Drivers Released [img] Information WHQL version: 18.10 Release Date: February 12th 2018 Description: Supports Windows 7/10 for 7th-Gen AMD A-Series Processors AMD Ryzen Desktop Processor AMD X370 Chipset AMD B350 Chipset AMD A320...
  10. GOOD SATA driver for AMD Zacate/Hudson/E-series ????

GOOD SATA driver for AMD Zacate/Hudson/E-series ????: we in the forgotten backwaters of AMD-based devices have suffered from bad SATA drivers.*Confused With all my Windows 10 installs on such, I have to switch to the very slow but stable generic MS Standard SATA device driver. The auto-installed AMD SATA on Win 10/8/7 creates...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot