Windows 10: Microsoft/Windows/UpdateOrchestrator/Backup Scan Default settings?

Discus and support Microsoft/Windows/UpdateOrchestrator/Backup Scan Default settings? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had problems with this starting my pc from sleep a very long time ago. I no longer sleep my pc, and I hate to leave things "broken" when it can be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by klepp0906, May 4, 2021.

1. klepp0906 Win User

Microsoft/Windows/UpdateOrchestrator/Backup Scan Default settings?

I had problems with this starting my pc from sleep a very long time ago. I no longer sleep my pc, and I hate to leave things "broken" when it can be avoided. (i intend to never reformat this pc ever courtesy of macriums restore to dissimilar hardware) so its pertinent to keep it in ship shape. I checked the task and noticed it hasnt ran. I ran it manually and it worked and logged. Its not set as disabled. I can only assume I altered the trigger as its showing Trigger - One time, and the details are from over a year ago. Hoping someone can SS me the default settings on all the tabs for the task so I can get it back to normal functionality.

:)

klepp0906, May 4, 2021

2. Microsoft/Windows/UpdateOrchestrator/Backup Scan Default settings?

The task "Microsoft/Windows/UpdateOrchestrator/Backup Scan" does not exist in my version 20H2.

Microsoft/Windows/UpdateOrchestrator/Backup Scan Default settings? [​IMG]

Matthew Wai, May 4, 2021
  3. klepp0906 Win User

Weird, afaik thats a pretty fundamental task related to auto updates etc. Here is mine.

Microsoft/Windows/UpdateOrchestrator/Backup Scan Default settings? [​IMG]

klepp0906, May 4, 2021
  4. Eksy61 Win User

I overrode UpdateOrchestrator's power requests by entering the following line at an elevated command prompt:

powercfg /requestsoverride PROCESS \Device\HarddiskVolume4\Windows\System32\MoUsoCoreWorker.exe DISPLAY SYSTEM

Then the Update Orchestrator would still run properly but could no longer prevent my PC from sleeping at the appropriate times.

Eksy61, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Microsoft/Windows/UpdateOrchestrator/Backup Scan Default settings? - Similar Threads - Microsoft UpdateOrchestrator Backup

2. How to set a specific location for the backup windows default backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set a specific location for the backup windows default backup: Hi, I'm using the default windows backup. I want to have 1 folder backup to a specific location on my network drive. I was able to set the specific folder to backup, but I'm unable to set a specific location for the backup, for now it only let me backup to the root folder of...
  3. How to set a specific location for the backup windows default backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set a specific location for the backup windows default backup: Hi, I'm using the default windows backup. I want to have 1 folder backup to a specific location on my network drive. I was able to set the specific folder to backup, but I'm unable to set a specific location for the backup, for now it only let me backup to the root folder of...
  4. How to set a specific location for the backup windows default backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. TASK\Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator wakes computer

in Windows 10 Support
    TASK\Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator wakes computer: This seems to be waking my computer every morning at 12:32AM. I would appreciate info on how to stop this. Here are the details: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Power-Troubleshooter Date: 1/31/2020 12:32:32 AM Event ID: 1 Task Category: None Level: Information...
  6. Microsoft hijacking my computer with UpdateOrchestrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft hijacking my computer with UpdateOrchestrator: This is completely unacceptable. Microsoft should compensate for wasted electricity. Not only the computer is running but the screens are forced to stay on too which normally turn off after 30 minutes of inactivity. I have wasted 24+ hours on this nonsense. Some of the...
  7. Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator Schedule Backup Scan can not be dis

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator Schedule Backup Scan can not be dis: Hello, I would like to ask you and at the same time a Microsoft representative to send me the exact way how to uncheck / disable forever the checked function in Task Scheduler - UpdateOrchestrator - Backup Scan - on the folder "Conditions" - "Wake the computer to run this...
  8. Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator Schedule Backup Scan can not be dis

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator Schedule Backup Scan can not be dis: Hello, I would like to ask you and at the same time a Microsoft representative to send me the exact way how to uncheck / disable forever the checked function in Task Scheduler - UpdateOrchestrator - Backup Scan - on the folder "Conditions" - "Wake the computer to run this...
  9. UpdateOrchestrator

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    UpdateOrchestrator: Hi. First time posting. My computer got woken up at 3 am and it was doing nothing , woken up, spending electricity and raising the bills until i saw it now at 11 am. I have tried to disable this event and nothing has worked . I need a solution to this problem because i...
  10. Unable to change Reboot setting in UpdateOrchestrator

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to change Reboot setting in UpdateOrchestrator: Hey guys, not sure what subforum to put this in.. A little background information since I am new to this forum. I've been using W10 since it first came out, and I really loved it being a fan of Windows 7. I felt like Anniversary Update made it even better! Then, Creators...