Windows 10: Microsoft: Windows Virtual Desktop is now feature complete

Discus and support Microsoft: Windows Virtual Desktop is now feature complete in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is almost ready to start rolling out its Windows Virtual Desktop service. On August 12, Scott Manchester, Group Manager for the service,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Microsoft: Windows Virtual Desktop is now feature complete

Read more: Microsoft: Windows Virtual Desktop is now 'feature complete' | ZDNet

See also: Version 1.2.241 of the Windows client now publicly available

Tweet

— Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter

:)

Brink, Aug 13, 2019

2. Virtual Desktops Windows 10?

Hi Lucas,

Modifying the settings of a virtual desktop requires complex steps. Because of this, we might need to refer you to our Microsoft TechNet forums for further assistance. For us to direct you to the correct forum category, we would need the answers to the following:

• Are you using a Windows Server?
    • Is your device connected to a domain network?
    • What virtual desktop are you using?

If you are using Hyper-V, you can use this article published
    by Andre Da Costa as your reference on how to use Windows 10's built in Hyper-V for creating Virtual Machines.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Aug 13, 2019
  3. sirBait Win User
    Virtual desktops

In the article you linked it says talks about 4 goals Microsoft has with virtual desktops:

• Give you more desktop space to group related windows
    • Help you quickly locate and switch to any window or group of windows
    • Let you easily re-organize your groups and move windows as tasks evolve
    • Keep you in control of the degree of separation between your grouped windows
    Not being able to control what desktop the program opens on really doesn't fit in with these goals.

Give me one good reason for why it is suppose force me to change virtual desktop when I open a program, just one good reason and I will consider to drop the issue. To me this sounds like virtual desktops isn't ready yet and you refuse to acknowledge that
    there are bugs, because this makes it very hard to work with multiply virtual desktops.

sirBait, Aug 13, 2019
  4. Microsoft: Windows Virtual Desktop is now feature complete

Windows 7 to Pack Virtual Windows XP

You missed this part out it dosent come with the os its a free download

Paul Thurrott provides an in depth description of the feature:

XP Mode consists of the Virtual PC-based virtual environment and a fully licensed copy of Windows XP with Service Pack 3 (SP3). It will be made available, for free, to users of Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise, and Ultimate editions via a download from the Microsoft web site. (That is, it will not be included in the box with Windows 7, but is considered an out-of-band update, like Windows Live Essentials.) XPM works much like today’s Virtual PC products, but with one important exception: As with the enterprise-based MED-V (Microsoft Enterprise Desktop Virtualization) product, XPM does not require you to run the virtual environment as a separate Windows desktop. Instead, as you install applications inside the virtual XP environment, they are published to the host (Windows 7) OS as well. (With shortcuts placed in the Start Menu.) That way, users can run Windows XP-based applications (like IE 6) alongside Windows 7 applications under a single desktop.

Live OR Die, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft: Windows Virtual Desktop is now feature complete

1. Microsoft: Windows Virtual Desktop is now feature complete - Similar Threads - Microsoft Virtual Desktop

2. Disable/Uninstall Task View Virtual Desktop Feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable/Uninstall Task View Virtual Desktop Feature: I would like to disable Task View on the Taskbar AND render the hotkey combinaiton unusable. I have tried several registry edits that hide task view, however, the keystroke combination Windows Key + Control +D continue to function. Also, if there is a way to uninstall...
  3. Microsoft Teams personal features now available to desktop and web

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Teams personal features now available to desktop and web: Since the outbreak of COVID-19, it’s become a challenge for many of us to balance the various aspects of our lives. Whether it’s our jobs, homeschooling our kids, or coordinating virtual meetups with friends, managing all of this on a daily basis can...
  4. [Feature Request] Switching Virtual Desktop Should Display Virtual Desktop Name

in Windows 10 Customization
    [Feature Request] Switching Virtual Desktop Should Display Virtual Desktop Name: Issue: When using the keyboard shortcut Win+Ctrl+Left/Right Arrow to switch between virtual desktops it is easy to get lost in which desktop environment you are in. Proposal: When using the shortcut to switch between virtual desktops a brief text notification should be...
  5. Microsoft Remote Desktop as Virtual Desktop

Microsoft Remote Desktop as Virtual Desktop: Is there way I can set up my Remote Desktop connection as anotherVirtual Desktop in host computer so I can easily navigate through my host andRemote Desktops with Task View?...
  6. Windows Virtual Desktop is now generally available worldwide

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Virtual Desktop is now generally available worldwide: Today, we’re excited to announce that Windows Virtual Desktop is now generally available worldwide. Windows Virtual Desktop is the only service that delivers simplified management, a multi-session Windows 10 experience, optimizations for Office 365 ProPlus, and support for...
  7. Enhanced Virtual Desktops (Feature(s) Request(s))

Enhanced Virtual Desktops (Feature(s) Request(s)): General speaking? It's been great. Virtual desktops have thus far been pretty smooth, but they're TOO simplified. There's no way to use them without confusion or having to paradoxically use post it notes or something to remind you what desktop you left something on. Yes, you...
  8. Disable the right swipe virtual desktop "feature" of windows 10

Disable the right swipe virtual desktop "feature" of windows 10: This is the most annoying thing in windows 10. When I move my finger to the right on the trackpad, the current window shrinks and I see some virtual desktop. I want that to never happen again. How can I disable this?? Thanks!...
  9. Skype for Business Online features now complete in Microsoft Teams

in Windows 10 News
    Skype for Business Online features now complete in Microsoft Teams: Last year we announced plans for Microsoft Teams to become the primary client for Intelligent Communications in Office 365, replacing Skype for Business Online over time. Today, we are pleased to announce we have completed our roadmap for bringing Skype for Business Online...
  10. Looking for a way to completely disable virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Support
    Looking for a way to completely disable virtual desktops: Working in a school environment we are trying to find a way via GPO to completely disabel the virtual desktops for our workstations. We have pt in place the setting to hide the taskbar icon but the WIN-CTRL-D shortcut is still accessible. The registry hacks to disable the WIN...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wvd xp mode

2. windows virtual desktop feature ready