Windows 10: Microsoft Windwo Search index and filter running high CPU and Power usage

Discus and support Microsoft Windwo Search index and filter running high CPU and Power usage in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Any solution for this issue Microsoft Windwo Search index and filter running high CPU and Power usage?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jayden1993, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Microsoft Windwo Search index and filter running high CPU and Power usage

Any solution for this issue Microsoft Windwo Search index and filter running high CPU and Power usage?

:)

Jayden1993, Jun 12, 2021

2. Microsoft Windows Search Filter Host/Search Protocol Host have high CPU usage even after indexing has completed

Hi, I had just installed Windows 10 Enterprise 1607 (build 14393.105) on my computer, and I noticed that the fans were always running. Looking into task manager and I found that "Microsoft Windows Search Filter Host" and "Microsoft Windows Search Protocol
    Host" were always using >40% CPU combined. I check "indexing options" in control panel, but it says "indexing complete". I tried "delete and rebuild index", and it finished within 30min, but the two processes above were still running and sucking cpu for no
    reason.

I tried "trouble shooting windows search" but it returned no problems.

Anyone know how to fix this issue?

Samuel Bar 11, Jun 12, 2021
  3. zhouyh13 Win User
    Microsoft Windows Search Filter Host/Search Protocol Host have high CPU usage even after indexing has completed

Hi, I had just installed Windows 10 Enterprise 1607 (build 14393.105) on my computer, and I noticed that the fans were always running. Looking into task manager and I found that "Microsoft Windows Search Filter Host" and "Microsoft Windows Search Protocol
    Host" were always using >40% CPU combined. I check "indexing options" in control panel, but it says "indexing complete". I tried "delete and rebuild index", and it finished within 30min, but the two processes above were still running and sucking cpu for no
    reason.

I tried "trouble shooting windows search" but it returned no problems.

Anyone know how to fix this issue?

zhouyh13, Jun 12, 2021
  4. Microsoft Windwo Search index and filter running high CPU and Power usage

High Usage of Memory and CPU

Dear community, I need help in fixing high usage of CPU by "Microsoft Windows Search Index" and high usage of CPU by "Search" . I've tried some methods from browsing, but it still won't help to reduce the usage.

For "Microsoft Windows Search Index", I've tried to rebuild the indexing and already finished indexing, but it won't reduce the usage.

Please help me to resolve this, because those two affects my laptop performance and sometimes they stall some of my programs.

Thank you in advance.

Microsoft Windwo Search index and filter running high CPU and Power usage 7dd2d8ff-aa76-4c1d-9a1c-debad6b65642?upload=true.png

Microsoft Windwo Search index and filter running high CPU and Power usage 85f0007e-0562-41e9-a84b-d3bec3787158?upload=true.png

yommo_elle, Jun 12, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Windwo Search index and filter running high CPU and Power usage

1. Microsoft Windwo Search index and filter running high CPU and Power usage - Similar Threads - Microsoft Windwo Search

2. Microsoft Windows Search Indexer High CPU usage and Windows Explorer Freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Windows Search Indexer High CPU usage and Windows Explorer Freezing: Whenever I try to open a folder from the Windows explorer, it freezes and never responds. I have to restart it to unfreeze it. I currently cant open any files from Windows Explorer. I can use another file explorer application to access files, as well as browse from within...
  3. Microsoft Windows Search Indexer High CPU usage and Windows Explorer Freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Windows Search Indexer High CPU usage and Windows Explorer Freezing: Whenever I try to open a folder from the Windows explorer, it freezes and never responds. I have to restart it to unfreeze it. I currently cant open any files from Windows Explorer. I can use another file explorer application to access files, as well as browse from within...
  4. Windows Search Indexer high disk usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search Indexer high disk usage: Windows Search Indexer high disk usage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-indexer-high-disk-usage/e0d90e57-15fb-44f8-9781-d2bf01f82581
  5. Windows Search Indexer high disk usage

Windows Search Indexer high disk usage: Windows Search Indexer high disk usage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-indexer-high-disk-usage/e0d90e57-15fb-44f8-9781-d2bf01f82581
  6. high cpu and power usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    high cpu and power usage: Hello, from tomorrow after upgrading sata ssd, I install windows in my new ssd and then start my laptop then i saw that my laptop was using system and system interrupts service continuosly. It's not ending, I also wait 6hrs but it's not ending. When i was using hdd my lower...
  7. high cpu and power usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    high cpu and power usage: Hello, from tomorrow after upgrading sata ssd, I install windows in my new ssd and then start my laptop then i saw that my laptop was using system and system interrupts service continuosly. It's not ending, I also wait 6hrs but it's not ending. When i was using hdd my lower...
  8. high cpu and power usage

9. Microsoft search index, protect & filter high CPU usage when Dropbox is connected

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft search index, protect & filter high CPU usage when Dropbox is connected: Hi all, I have a new laptop and synched the Dropbox desktop app smart sync. I have many files in my Dropbox and the indexing took forever at 100% CPU at some point. Everytime Dropbox now synchronizes new files even if just very few, but also after it has been fully updated...
  10. Microsoft Windows Search Indexer (searchindexer.exe) using high CPU.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Windows Search Indexer (searchindexer.exe) using high CPU.: searchindexer.exe is sucking up my CPU resources. The average CPU use is always around 50-55%. I tried disabling through services.msc and even removing it through Windows Feature on/off. But this process still manages to slide in and still hogging 50+% CPU. I even disabled...