Windows 10: Microsoft Wired Keyboard 500

Discus and support Microsoft Wired Keyboard 500 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I used to use my Microsoft wired keyboard 500 with my Windows 7 desktop, don't know why but it stopped working later I found out that it doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by YajvinG, Oct 16, 2020.

1. YajvinG Win User

Microsoft Wired Keyboard 500

Hi, I used to use my Microsoft wired keyboard 500 with my Windows 7 desktop, don't know why but it stopped working later I found out that it doesn't supports Windows 7 anymore. I bought a new Windows 10 laptop, I need an external keyboard, if I use PS/2 to USB converter does the keyboard work or do I need to buy a new one.

Thank you

:)

YajvinG, Oct 16, 2020

2. Microsoft 200 Wired USB Keyboard Unloading and Reloading Drivers in Windows 10

Hi Matthew,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• As you are using Microsoft 200 Wired USB Keyboard,
      Do you face this issue on keyboard which came with PC also?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Did you try to connect the keyboard through the other USB ports?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter and check if it resolves the issue.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.
    • Click on View all on the left navigation pane.
    • Click on Hardware and devices to run the power troubleshooter.
    • Click on Advanced on the Hardware and devices troubleshooter dialog box and click on
      Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).
    • Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Please follow the steps given here to uninstall and then reinstall the keyboard drivers.

a) Press Windows +X keys on the keyboard.

b) Select Device Manager.

c) Find and Microsoft 200 wired keyboard, right click on driver and click on
    uninstall.

d) Follow the onscreen instructions to uninstall the keyboard drivers.

Method 3:

Now, try to connect the keyboard to other USB port and try to install and check if it helps.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to update the latest display adapters from the manufacturer’s website and check if it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Oct 16, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    asus wired usb keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter
    Method 2.

Try updating the latest keyboard devices from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the Keyboard drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the Keyboard driver.

c. Right-click on the HID Keyboard Device and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Oct 16, 2020
  4. Microsoft Wired Keyboard 500

Keys 3edc will not work Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600

Hi everyone,

I have a Microsoft Wired Keyboard Keyboard 600 and the keys 3 e d and c no longer work. I have:

• cleaned the debris out of the keyboard using the vacuum cleaner
    • plugged it into my laptop to use as an external keyboard
    • updated the driver through Device Manager
    • uninstalled and reinstalled it through Device Manager
    and the keys are still not working.

The onscreen keyboard works fine but considering I am using the wired keyboard on a desktop computer, it is hardly functional for typing.

Does anyone have any further hints or tips (aside from buying a new keyboard)?

Sarah_Frances, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Wired Keyboard 500

1. Microsoft Wired Keyboard 500 - Similar Threads - Microsoft Wired Keyboard

2. Wired keyboard glitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired keyboard glitch: The problems I'm experiencing: When I long-press any keyboard button, it toggles the keyboard power off and on. After typing a word, a letter repeats without any additional clicks. Clicking anything results in an unexpected decrease in system volume then my computer shuts...
  3. Wired keyboard glitch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wired keyboard glitch: The problems I'm experiencing: When I long-press any keyboard button, it toggles the keyboard power off and on. After typing a word, a letter repeats without any additional clicks. Clicking anything results in an unexpected decrease in system volume then my computer shuts...
  4. Wired keyboard glitch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600: I just bought a Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600. When I plug it into my laptop, it works for EXACTLY 16 characters and then just stops working completely. I can type 16 letters but no more. If I click on NumLock within the 16 characters the light comes on, after the 16...
  6. Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600

Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600: I just bought a Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600. When I plug it into my laptop, it works for EXACTLY 16 characters and then just stops working completely. I can type 16 letters but no more. If I click on NumLock within the 16 characters the light comes on, after the 16...
  7. Microsoft 600 wired keyboard operating on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft 600 wired keyboard operating on Windows 10: Hi, I had a bought a keyboard a few months ago, and one of the Shift keys automatically selects Ctrl+Shift. I have tried searching google and found a few things and nothing has worked so far.The way i figured this out is by checking the on-screen keyboard - see screenshot...
  8. Microsoft 600 wired keyboard operating on Windows 10

Microsoft 600 wired keyboard operating on Windows 10: Hi, I had a bought a keyboard a few months ago, and one of the Shift keys automatically selects Ctrl+Shift. I have tried searching google and found a few things and nothing has worked so far.The way i figured this out is by checking the on-screen keyboard - see screenshot...
  9. Microsoft Wired 600 keyboard

Microsoft Wired 600 keyboard: I have just bought the above keyboard and when I started to type anything it will not type what I am trying to type and it will type letters that do not make sense such as krodgnjpokdk. I have looked at the properties for the keyboard and it is saying that the keyboard is...
  10. Problems with the Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600

Problems with the Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600: Hello, I have a Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600 that I purchased a few days ago. At first it worked very well, until a couple of days ago. Out of nowhere it stopped working and didn't recognize any key although the num lock light stayed on, it couldn't be turned off....