Windows 10: Microsoft Wireess Display Adapter - no sound on one computer?

Discus and support Microsoft Wireess Display Adapter - no sound on one computer? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been succesfully using the Wireless Display Adapter for some time. I recently upgraded from a monitor to a TV, and performed a Firmware Upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JoshDavies2, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Microsoft Wireess Display Adapter - no sound on one computer?

I have been succesfully using the Wireless Display Adapter for some time. I recently upgraded from a monitor to a TV, and performed a Firmware Upgrade on my Wireless Adapter. I can connect succesfully with one computer, but the other computer continues to play the sound out of its own speakers, rather than the tv speakers. It is an older computer running Windows 10 Home 64-bit. Any suggestions as to what the issue may be?

:)

JoshDavies2, Mar 26, 2019

2. Microsoft Display Adapter not getting connected to PC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

I would suggest that you follow the steps below and check if you can find the adapter in Device Manager.

1. Right click on the Start Menu and then click on Device Manager.

2. From the list of Hardware, find the Microsoft Display Adapter and check if you can find the device in question.

I would also suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided in the first link and check if it helps.

Vanessa

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 26, 2019
  3. microsoft display adapter

Hi Joe,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows.

I suggest you to update the display adapters as below and check if it helps.

• Right Click Start button and choose Device Manager
    • Expand Display Adapters
    • Right Click Intel Display Driver and choose update driver software
    • Windows should automatically start downloading and installing new driver
    • Try and connect to Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 26, 2019
  4. Microsoft Wireess Display Adapter - no sound on one computer?

Win10 doesn't know my (compatible) display adapter

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below:

Method 1: Run the hardware and devices

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.

• On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”

• Click on Hardware and Devices. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall display adapter.

Follow the steps to update the display adapter:

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand Display Adapter.

• Double-click on the Display Adapter.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Uninstall.

• Reinstall the Display adapter from the Manufacturer's Website and see if it helps.
    Restart the computer and check.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related issues.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Mar 26, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Wireess Display Adapter - no sound on one computer?

1. Microsoft Wireess Display Adapter - no sound on one computer? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Wireess Display

2. microsoft basic display adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    microsoft basic display adapter: microsoft basic display adapter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-basic-display-adapter/c3f88116-72f2-480d-93dc-9b37b5c4b807
  3. Computer's Display Driver Suddenly Changed to Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.

Computer's Display Driver Suddenly Changed to Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.: So my friends computer shows that it has Microsoft Basic Display Adapter but it runs on a intel i5 2450m, which has a integrated graphics driver, and he used that pc to play his games and it had no issues with it, suddenly today it shows that the graphics driver changed to...
  4. Computer's Display Driver Suddenly Changed to Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer's Display Driver Suddenly Changed to Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.: So my friends computer shows that it has Microsoft Basic Display Adapter but it runs on a intel i5 2450m, which has a integrated graphics driver, and he used that pc to play his games and it had no issues with it, suddenly today it shows that the graphics driver changed to...
  5. Computer's Display Driver Suddenly Changed to Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter

Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter: Hello,we recently bought an MS Wireless Display Adapter. At first it worked, I could connect and present my screen on the TV.But now something most have changed, because none of us at our company are able to connect to the adapter. the same in our second office. it worked and...
  7. microsoft display adapter

microsoft display adapter: I am trying to display an online video to a TV via the Microsoft display adapter. The sound seems OK but the video is jumpy, I have downloaded the latest adapter but no help. Any suggestions? The video is only jumpy when the display adapter is being used. OK otherwise....
  8. Microsoft Display Adapter Issues

Microsoft Display Adapter Issues: I have been having issues with a few aspects of this app. 1. When I open up the action center and click on connect, the action center disappears and nothing happens no matter how long you wait. 2. When I go into my settings and click on system settings, the settings app...
  9. Microsoft Basic Display Adapter

Microsoft Basic Display Adapter: I have a GTX 1050ti but device manager shows Microsoft Basic Display Adapter i tried updating it but it didn't work i tried updating my OS to Windows 10 but it still shows "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" i tried plugging my graphics card to other computers it works but it...
  10. Microsoft basic display adapter.

Microsoft basic display adapter.: The driver is the default that I use along side my amd display driver. I recently updated my graphics driver, and it got rid of the microsoft one. Now I am not able to change my brightness. I checked device manager and it is not there. I tried to add legacy hardware but it...