Windows 10: Microsoft Wireless Desktop 900 Keyboard becomes unresponsive / laggy.

Discus and support Microsoft Wireless Desktop 900 Keyboard becomes unresponsive / laggy. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro 1909 Microsoft Wireless Desktop 900 Keyboard The issue with the keyboard is that is constantly seems to become laggy, missing key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SuperPlay-UK, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Microsoft Wireless Desktop 900 Keyboard becomes unresponsive / laggy.

Windows 10 Pro

Microsoft Wireless Desktop 900 Keyboard

The issue with the keyboard is that is constantly seems to become laggy, missing key presses or just becomes totally no-responsive. This seems to start to happen after it is not used for a while as if it is not coming out out of its sleep correctly. Normally when this happens the mouse still works fine.

The only solution to the issue is to remove and re-insert the keyboards dongle. Looking around on the internet and product reviews this seems to be a common issue.

The issue seems also seems to be worse when connecting from my main PC to remote PCs via remote desktop, when the remote PC locks its screen after inactivity on many occasions the keyboard seems to go into melt down.

I have tried changing batteries, USB ports tested on USB 2 and 3 updated drivers Motherboard chipset etc, Microsoft Keyboard centre updated to the latest version, disabled windows power options for USB selective suspend etc, etc.

Is there a firmware upgrade available, or something like a registry modification to change the keyboards sleep behaviour?

Thanks

:)

SuperPlay-UK, Jul 3, 2020
  2. dwhite75 Win User

Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Wireless Desktop intermittently unresponsive

I am on my 3rd Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Wireless Desktop on 2 different computers (ASrock MB custom built).
    All three have become intermittently unresponsive as follows:

• Typing along and it skips strokes leaving missing characters.
    • Hitting the same key several times in a row with no response for several seconds and then typing the same character repeatedly.
    • No response even after several seconds or even a minute. Only fix is to unplug and reinsert the USB receiver. Then it is good to go for a while.

The steps I have taken to resolve are as follows:

• Using Window 10 64 bit with all updates applied.
    • Installed the latest version of the keyboard software from the Microsoft site
    • Located the receiver less than 24" away from the keyboard using a USB extension cable

I love this keyboard and mouse so this problem is very troubling. Has anyone had this problem and resolved it successfully.

Dave

***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

dwhite75, Jul 3, 2020
  3. Microsoft Edge becomes laggy

Microsoft Edge becomes laggy the longer I browse the internet. Especially in chat conferences with many participants. With people in chat exceeds to 10 people it becomes laggy. Is there a way to improve Microsoft Edge performance? Please help.

Andre Niño, Jul 3, 2020
  4. Microsoft Wireless Desktop 900 Keyboard becomes unresponsive / laggy.

is there a replacement USB for my Microsoft wireless 900 desktop

I have 2 wireless keyboards and mouse sets that both need the USB. Please tell me that I can get replacements.

It is Microsoft Wireless 900 desktop

Model No 1738, 1737, 1461,

PT3-00001,

Lot No 1729,

WO7G805,

SN 0905900882598

Please give me a place I can order replacement USBs for my wireless keyboard.

ShellieDivine, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Wireless Desktop 900 Keyboard becomes unresponsive / laggy.

1. Microsoft Wireless Desktop 900 Keyboard becomes unresponsive / laggy. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Wireless Desktop

2. How to Troubleshoot Microsoft Wireless 900 Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Troubleshoot Microsoft Wireless 900 Desktop: I would like support re-connecting my Wireless 900 keyboard to my computer. The green light on the keyboard indicating a Bluetooth connection is no longer appearing. I've replaced the batteries in the keyboard multiple times but that has not fixed the issue. The keyboard does...
  3. Microsoft wireless 900 desktop keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft wireless 900 desktop keyboard and mouse: Hi I’m have some major issues getting my keyboard and mouse to connect to my pc. In boxes the item inserted new Duracell batteries into mouse and keyboard. House at bottoms once switched on is a red colour and keyboard towards the top small led comes on for few seconds in...
  4. Microsoft wireless 900 desktop keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft wireless 900 desktop keyboard and mouse: Hi I’m have some major issues getting my keyboard and mouse to connect to my pc. In boxes the item inserted new Duracell batteries into mouse and keyboard. House at bottoms once switched on is a red colour and keyboard towards the top small led comes on for few seconds in...
  5. Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 900

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 900: My PC : ===================== Main board : MSI X370 XPower Gaming Titanium MS-7A31 Prossesor : AMD Ryzen 1800X Graphic Chart : nVidia GeForce GTX 1060 & GB Software : Win 10 Ultimate updated Problem : ===================== My "Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 900" is...
  6. Microsoft Wireless Desktop 900

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Wireless Desktop 900: been using desktop 900 keyboard and moude for a year, Now the mouse starts to stutter. its like the old days when you pushed the PC to max :- anyway, im only working with small progs, and it still jumps around. yes tried new batteries distance from usb to mouse is one...
  7. Microsoft wireless 900 keyboard

Microsoft wireless 900 keyboard: How do i activate the numbers pad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-wireless-900-keyboard/f47cf1f0-c599-4cc4-a4ab-cb54123d295c
  8. Microsoft Wireless Desktop 900 question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Wireless Desktop 900 question: Hello MS people My desktop got infected, some usb sticks got firmware infected and does weird things, a Logitech keyboard is infected too my question is... is the Microsoft wireless desktop 900 Transceiver firmware upgradable or not? regards...
  9. Wireless 900 Desktop

Wireless 900 Desktop: Is there an On / Off control for the Keyboard? Does the On /Off control on the Mouse also turn off the keyboard? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-900-desktop/8a508e9e-8791-4681-aeeb-68272349c540
  10. Wireless devices for Microsoft 900 Desktop

Wireless devices for Microsoft 900 Desktop: I’ve bought a new 900 Wireless mouse but my old wireless USB adapter does not detect it. So I’ve bought a new wireless USB adapter but this new wireless USB adapter does not detect the keyboard… Is there any way to avoid plugging both wireless USB things in?...