Windows 10: Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter Issue -- Can connect Dell Inspiron 7373 but not Dell XPS...

Discus and support Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter Issue -- Can connect Dell Inspiron 7373 but not Dell XPS... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I connected the adapter to my TV and installed the app on both machines. The 7373 connects effortlessly. The 8900 can "see" the adapter, but when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nellie Nobody, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter Issue -- Can connect Dell Inspiron 7373 but not Dell XPS...

I connected the adapter to my TV and installed the app on both machines. The 7373 connects effortlessly. The 8900 can "see" the adapter, but when I click on it to connect to it, both the adapter and the TV look like they are trying to connect, but then suddenly disconnect. The 8900's desktop never appears on the TV.

I was able to update the adapter's firmware from the 7373, but that did not make any difference on the 8900. The 8900 is not having any Wi-Fi issues that I know about.

Both machines are running the latest and greatest Windows 10 versions and don't appear to need new drivers.

UPDATE: In Event Viewer, I am seeing the following critical errors:

Critical 11/27/2018 12:14:14 PM Microsoft-Windows-DriverFrameworks-UserMode 10111 User-mode Driver problems.

The device MSDisplayAdapter_93 (location (unknown)) is offline due to a user-mode driver crash. Windows will attempt to restart the device 5 more times. Please contact the device manufacturer for more information about this problem.

Critical 11/27/2018 12:14:14 PM Microsoft-Windows-DriverFrameworks-UserMode 10110 User-mode Driver problems.

A problem has occurred with one or more user-mode drivers and the hosting process has been terminated. This may temporarily interrupt your ability to access the devices.

:)

Nellie Nobody, Nov 27, 2018

2. Dell 5580 and Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter

We love the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter - it's easy for everyone to walk in with their laptop and connect to project their screen. Except for those who have Dell 5580s.

The Dell 5480s and SurfacePros connect great, but not the Dell 5580s.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this for the 5580s?

LorieRodriguez, Nov 27, 2018
  3. malware Win User
    Dell XPS, Inspiron Notebooks Now with Wireless USB

Dell Inc. has refreshed its XPS laptop PC line and the Inspiron 1525 notebook, which now optionally have a built-in Wireless USB module. For an additional $150, customers can purchase the XPS M1330, M1530, M1730 and Inspiron 1525 notebooks with the new capability that enables computer peripherals and electronics devices - such as printers, external hard drives, mice, keyboards, digital cameras, and MP3 players - to connect to a system without a USB cable. Along with a built-in Wireless USB module, purchasers who select the new option will also get Belkin’s 4-port WUSB hub. Wireless USB technology is based on the Ultra-WideBand (UWB) radio platform, which is capable of sending 480 Mbit/s at distances up to 3 meters and 110 Mbit/s at up to 10 meters.

Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter Issue -- Can connect Dell Inspiron 7373 but not Dell XPS... 578px-Certified_Wireless_USB_svg%20copy_thm.jpg

Source: Laptoping, Engadged

malware, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Arjune5 Win User

Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter Issue -- Can connect Dell Inspiron 7373 but not Dell XPS...

Dell XPS 13 9360 - Audio Crackling When Plugging in Laptop

I have the exact same problem with my Dell XPS 13 9360.

I just returned the DELL Inspiron 7373 which had the exact same problem when disconnecting/connecting the charger. The distortion is for a second and quiet loud and the video also gets frozen.

In the Dell XPS the distortion is mild but still its annoying.

The issue is easily reproducible with multiple Inspiron 7373 models, tired out the other ones in the store and they all showed the same issue.

The store didnt have the new Dell XPS 8th gen model on display, so i tried it on the 7th gen and found no such issue.

But after i bought the 8th gen Dell XPS 9360, i could reproduce the issue and its still happening.

Such and expensive laptop and they couldn't test it before releasing it !!!!

Arjune5, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter Issue -- Can connect Dell Inspiron 7373 but not Dell XPS...

1. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter Issue -- Can connect Dell Inspiron 7373 but not Dell XPS... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Wireless Display

2. Dell Inspiron N5050 issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Inspiron N5050 issue: The Dell Inspiron I am updating has an issue. The installation of Windows 10 21H2 or 21H1, I can’t remember worked properly, but failed when updated to 22H2. It fails in the same way when doing the 22H2 fresh installation.After the 22H2 update or fresh installation, the...
  3. Dell Inspiron N5050 issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Inspiron N5050 issue: The Dell Inspiron I am updating has an issue. The installation of Windows 10 21H2 or 21H1, I can’t remember worked properly, but failed when updated to 22H2. It fails in the same way when doing the 22H2 fresh installation.After the 22H2 update or fresh installation, the...
  4. Dell Inspiron N5050 issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter Issue: I recently installed a wireless display adapter for a client and confirmed that it shows up in the Connect window on their laptop, but not on their desktop. I ran a DXDiag on the desktop to confirm that Miracast is supported, and it is. The report shows that 1 Miracast:...
  6. Dell Inspiron

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Inspiron: I have a 6 yr old Dell Inspiron 15 laptop running Windows 10. I had external speakers (Logitech) working fine for years, playing my ITunes music. I decided to improve my sound further by connecting to my new Polk speakers via my Yamaha AVR. No sound. Internal speakers work,...
  7. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter Issue -- Can connect Dell Inspiron 7373 but not Dell XPS...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter Issue -- Can connect Dell Inspiron 7373 but not Dell XPS...: I connected the adapter to my TV and installed the app on both machines. The 7373 connects effortlessly. The 8900 can "see" the adapter, but when I click on it to connect to it, both the adapter and the TV look like they are trying to connect, but then suddenly disconnect....
  8. Wifi issues with Dell XPS 13

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi issues with Dell XPS 13: Hello, my problem is I could connect to wifi for a very few minutes and then the yellow triangle sign started to appear. After that, I tried to connect to other networks but no network option found. I went to Settings, and my laptop froze when I pressed “Network..”. The...
  9. Dell Inspiron

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell Inspiron: Hi I have been having trouble starting my dell Inspiron 6400 it was last running Windows 10 Build 9841. it was working fine with no problems at all until one morning when I tried to turn it on it was not showing Dell Logo just turning on and showing my Num lock, Scroll...
  10. Dell Inspiron M5030 Display Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Inspiron M5030 Display Issue: I was brought my Uncle's Dell Inspiron M5030 laptop. He had brought it to someone who said that his issue was the lcd panel, and they quoted him like 300$ to replace it. He laughed and brought it to me. I got the lcd replacement off of amazon for 45$. The issue is that it...