Windows 10: Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter kills my Wifi Internet Speed

Discus and support Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter kills my Wifi Internet Speed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have the Microsoft wireless adapter hooked up to my tv and I can connect to it fine via my surfacebook. But once I'm connected, ookla speed test goes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by krishehl, Feb 24, 2020.

1. krishehl Win User

Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter kills my Wifi Internet Speed

I have the Microsoft wireless adapter hooked up to my tv and I can connect to it fine via my surfacebook. But once I'm connected, ookla speed test goes from 300mbps to 1-5mbps, making my internet unusable. I've tried it multiple times and right when I disconnect the wireless adapter even mid-test my internet speed shoots up.

Win10Pro - build 1909

First Gen Surfacebook

Wireless Adapter Firmware version: 1.3.8384

Wifi

My drivers are up to date. I have uninstalled and reinstalled marvell wireless network driver. Troubleshooter says there is nothing wrong with my connection.

I have an Orange 2gbps router modem. Livebox 5 smart wifi. My ethernet speed is always above 1gbps on my computer via optic fibre but the wifi chip in this surfacebook seems like it can only 300mbps which is annoying. I've read it isn't a very good wifi chip to begin with nevermind this laptop being 4 years old.

When I use Microsoft wireless display adapter on my computer. It doesn't affect the internet speed at all.

I have sent a recording via feedback app under this email.

:)

krishehl, Feb 24, 2020
  2. kjinshin Win User

Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter kills my internet connection.

I just purchased the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter. I've plugged it into my HDMI receiver and have tried to connect it with my home built Windows 10 PC. When I am able to connect to the wireless display adapter, my PC loses it's wifi internet access.
    The system tray icon shows that my PC is connected to my wifi router but shows that there is no internet. Once I disconnect from the wireless display adapter and autofix my wireless internet connection, my internet comes back. This happens every time I try
    to connect the wireless display adapter. What am I missing?

I'm connecting to my wifi router with a USB TP-Link Wireless N Adapter (TL-WN823N). My processor in an Intel i7-4790K. If I can't figure this thing out, it's going back to the store.

kjinshin, Feb 24, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    MS Wireless Display Adapter

Exactly.

The Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter uses Miracast technology which in its turn uses WiFi.

Read more:

4. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter kills my Wifi Internet Speed

Microsoft wireless display adapter with Lenovo Yoga

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing with Microsoft wireless display adapter. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to run windows Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to fix the issue.

Kindly follow the below steps to run Windows Update troubleshooter:

• Search for Troubleshooting in Windows search box, and open it.
    • Select view all in the left pane of troubleshooting Window.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices, and follow the on-screen instructions.

Please reach back to us, if you face difficulty with
    Microsoft wireless display adapter. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter kills my Wifi Internet Speed

1. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter kills my Wifi Internet Speed - Similar Threads - Microsoft Wireless Display

2. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter: Most of our devices are going to Windows 11, and with this change they are revoking our rights to the Microsoft App Store, is there another way to get the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter app outside of the Store onto our Windows 11 devices? We are currently unable to...
  3. Microsoft Wireless display adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Wireless display adapter: When I connect to the wireless display adapter on my windows 10 laptop, the screen starts to become pixelated as anything moves on the display, such as a mouse cursor. When other members of my family connect, they do not run into this issue. I have tried removing, restarting...
  4. Microsoft Wireless display adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Wireless display adapter: When I connect to the wireless display adapter on my windows 10 laptop, the screen starts to become pixelated as anything moves on the display, such as a mouse cursor. When other members of my family connect, they do not run into this issue. I have tried removing, restarting...
  5. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter: Hello,we recently bought an MS Wireless Display Adapter. At first it worked, I could connect and present my screen on the TV.But now something most have changed, because none of us at our company are able to connect to the adapter. the same in our second office. it worked and...
  6. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter: Hello,we recently bought an MS Wireless Display Adapter. At first it worked, I could connect and present my screen on the TV.But now something most have changed, because none of us at our company are able to connect to the adapter. the same in our second office. it worked and...
  7. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter

Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter: Hello! I want to purchase a Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter. Currently I am using the USB ports on my display for my web camera and my headset. I am looking forward to eliminate all cabling between the monitor and laptop. Adding Microsoft Wireless Display adapter can I...
  8. Microsoft Display Adapter kills my Wifi Internet Speed

Microsoft Display Adapter kills my Wifi Internet Speed: I have the Microsoft wireless adapter hooked up to my tv and I can connect to it fine via my surfacebook. But once I'm connected, ookla speed test goes from 300mbps to 1-5mbps, making my internet unusable. I've tried it multiple times and right when I disconnect the wireless...
  9. Microsoft wireless display adapter

Microsoft wireless display adapter: I recently bought the Microsoft wireless display adapter so I could study on my tv. When I hook it up it is constantly loading on my TV. I don't think that I should have to wait over an hour to use this device. I tried looking on youtube but so far, nothing. Can you help...
  10. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter - Wifi Direct

Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter - Wifi Direct: Hello, I have a smartphone Galaxy J5 (2016) which does not have the feature of screen mirroring like in the S-series, but it has a WiFi direct option. Is it possible to transmit a video from the smartphone to the flat TV/MWDA by using my smartphone's WiFi direct option?...