Windows 10: Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter (Miracast) Problems?

Discus and support Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter (Miracast) Problems? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Haven't found other threads dealing with this, but I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to get my wireless display adapter working properly in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mattn, Feb 6, 2015.

1. mattn Win User

Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter (Miracast) Problems?

Haven't found other threads dealing with this, but I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to get my wireless display adapter working properly in Win10 (worked great with my Surface Pro 3 with Win 8.1 - I'm on Win 10 build 9926 at the moment).

Symptom:

I can Win+P to get to my projector options, and my Surface Pro 3 connects to the wireless display adapter. Video sort of goes through - I can see the mouse on the second screen, and sound comes out of my tv speakers, but within a few seconds it disconnects. Similarly, if I open VLC player (even on the main screen) the wireless display adapter connection is lost.

Any help?

:)

mattn, Feb 6, 2015
  2. garym123 Win User
    garym123, Feb 6, 2015
  3. Dell 5580 and Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter

Hi Lorie,

Tha main requirement for the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter is that the device should be Miracast compatible. We would advise contacting the manufacturer to check if the device that you would like to use is Miracast compatible.

Meanwhile, you can use this link
    Wireless Display Adapter Compatibility
    for further details on seeing a short list of devices that are compatible with Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter.

Let us know if there are other concerns.

Jomel_Santos, Feb 6, 2015
Thema:

Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter (Miracast) Problems?

1. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter (Miracast) Problems? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Wireless Display

2. Problem with Microsoft 4K wireless display adapter!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Microsoft 4K wireless display adapter!: Widows 11 Laptop and TV works fine via HDMI cable. Tested using a new Microsoft 4K wireless display adapter with them very close together and established a stable connection. The sound and the mouse location casts to the TV fine, but the image still or moving for only for a...
  3. Problem with Microsoft 4K wireless display adapter!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Microsoft 4K wireless display adapter!: Widows 11 Laptop and TV works fine via HDMI cable. Tested using a new Microsoft 4K wireless display adapter with them very close together and established a stable connection. The sound and the mouse location casts to the TV fine, but the image still or moving for only for a...
  4. Cannot connect to Microsoft Miracast Wireless Display Adapter

Cannot connect to Microsoft Miracast Wireless Display Adapter: I bought a Microsoft wireless display adapter to connect my Lenovo T14 Win10 ThinkPad to a new external monitor. When I turn the monitor on with the adapter connected, the screen displays MSDisplayAdapter_37 Ready to connect. On my laptop, I see MSDisplayAdapter_37 in the...
  5. Cannot connect to Microsoft Miracast Wireless Display Adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect to Microsoft Miracast Wireless Display Adapter: I bought a Microsoft wireless display adapter to connect my Lenovo T14 Win10 ThinkPad to a new external monitor. When I turn the monitor on with the adapter connected, the screen displays MSDisplayAdapter_37 Ready to connect. On my laptop, I see MSDisplayAdapter_37 in the...
  6. Cannot connect to Microsoft Miracast Wireless Display Adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Miracast - Connect to a wireless display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Miracast - Connect to a wireless display: Hi These are Miracast requirements:Graphics driver must support Windows Display Driver Model WDDM 1.3 with Miracast supportWi-Fi driver must support Network Driver Interface Specification NDIS 6.30 and Wi-Fi DirectWindows 8.1 or Windows 10My question:How do i check if my w10...
  8. Miracast - Connect to a wireless display

Miracast - Connect to a wireless display: Hi These are Miracast requirements:Graphics driver must support Windows Display Driver Model WDDM 1.3 with Miracast supportWi-Fi driver must support Network Driver Interface Specification NDIS 6.30 and Wi-Fi DirectWindows 8.1 or Windows 10My question:How do i check if my w10...
  9. Miracast - Connect to a wireless display

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Wireless Display Adapter problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless Display Adapter problem: Hello i have WIN10 64bit my pc build is new and powerful. I bought the MSdisplay adapter connected on my LG OLEDB6 and my pc cant find/discover form Action Center>Connect neither from Settings>Devices>Add Device. I tried to connect it to another TV and pc and it did work.I...