Windows 10: Microsoft Wireless Display Adaptor Not Connecting

Discus and support Microsoft Wireless Display Adaptor Not Connecting in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have recently bought a Microsoft wireless display adaptor however my computer fails to connect to it, I have tried self troubleshooting the problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Amcolly, Sep 23, 2022.

1. Amcolly Win User

Microsoft Wireless Display Adaptor Not Connecting

I have recently bought a Microsoft wireless display adaptor however my computer fails to connect to it, I have tried self troubleshooting the problem by following the guide on Microsoft, I've redid my network and display drivers, I've restarted the adaptor, I've tried other displays, Updated my computer and drivers, however it still fails to connect My Device InfoMicrosoft Wireless Display Adaptor Not Connecting :Device name LAPTOP-000GP1LP Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.4 GB usable Device ID F7566547-8F0D-484B-B488-5588599B9A60 Product ID 00325-82084-15187-AAOEM System type 64-

:)

Amcolly, Sep 23, 2022
  2. Knobby Win User

Microsoft Wireless Display adaptor - Not detected in MSWDP App

Hi,

I found my old MSWDA and tried to connect it to see if it still was worth using.

Connected to secondary Monitor, starts fine, and makes it to the Ready to connect screen.

Win + K on my Win 11 PC, and it finds and connects to the 2nd monitor without issue.

I then installed the Microsoft Wireless Display APP from the MS Store, then I opened the app, but it doesn't find the adaptor that I've clearly installed as the display is duplicated to my 2nd monitor, and no matter how manner times I hit refresh, the APP never finds my adaptor?

Steps I've taken to try and fix so far include...

Reset the Adaptor - Pushed reset button on adaptor for 15 secs, no change except adaptor name has changed back to the default name.

Removed and reinstalled the adaptor from my devices, no change

Allowed APP through my Firewall, no change.

Would anyone else be able to advise further steps to try, please?

Adaptor v1.3 cant get it to be detected to update to v2

Windows 11 build 22593 (have also tried on a Clean Win 10 install)

Thanks

Paul

Knobby, Sep 23, 2022
  3. Fall Update causing connectivity issues with Microsoft Wireless Display Adaptor

Hello,

As per the subject, the Fall Update is causing connectivity issues with my Microsoft Wireless Display Adaptor. It will discover the adaptor but will not connect!!! EVERY day I have to roll the system back to the previous Windows 10 version and the Microsoft
    Wireless Display Adaptor connects without issue.

Now as I cant STOP Windows 10 from automatically downloading and installing the Fall update I NEED a resolution to this, as I cant keep rolling the update back every single day. PLEASE HELP!!

Adam Marshall

[ Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup
    ]

Adam Marshall 1SG, Sep 23, 2022
  4. argon42 Win User

Display Adaptor not connecting

I am having problems connecting my PC. My computer can detect the Display Adaptor, and I can click to connect it to my PC. The display adaptor will then change from the static "Ready to connect" screen to a dynamic "Connecting to PC" screen (the one with
    3 dots going from left to right). It eventually fails to connect and returns to the static "Ready to connect" screen.

It did work just fine before the Fall Creators update.

I have already reset the adaptor, replaced it with a new one, installed latest graphic and wireless drivers. I disabled my Kaspersky antivirus, deleted it, reinstalled it, checked firewall configuration.

So what else can I do, besides reinstalling Windows 10?

Extra details:

Intel NUC 6 i5 (Intel Iris Graphics 540, Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260)

Win 10 Education, version 1709, build 16299.125

Returned Wireless Display Adaptor version 2.0.8372, new Wireless Display Adaptor version 2.0.8350

argon42, Sep 23, 2022
Thema:

1. Microsoft Wireless Display Adaptor Not Connecting - Similar Threads - Microsoft Wireless Display

2. Microsoft Wireless display adaptor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Wireless display adaptor: Greetings,I am trying to update firmware by physically connecting to laptop into HDMI and USB Port on the Laptop, but it is not detecting in the wireless adaptor application and Laptop. even I tried to reset but could not.So, I updated windows updates and latest Microsoft...
  3. Microsoft Wireless display adaptor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Wireless display adaptor: Greetings,I am trying to update firmware by physically connecting to laptop into HDMI and USB Port on the Laptop, but it is not detecting in the wireless adaptor application and Laptop. even I tried to reset but could not.So, I updated windows updates and latest Microsoft...
  4. Microsoft Wireless Display adaptor - Not detected in MSWDP App

Microsoft Wireless Display adaptor - Not detected in MSWDP App: Hi,I found my old MSWDA and tried to connect it to see if it still was worth using.Connected to secondary Monitor, starts fine, and makes it to the Ready to connect screen.Win + K on my Win 11 PC, and it finds and connects to the 2nd monitor without issue.I then installed the...
  5. Microsoft Wireless Display adaptor - Not detected in MSWDP App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Wireless Display adaptor - Not detected in MSWDP App: Hi,I found my old MSWDA and tried to connect it to see if it still was worth using.Connected to secondary Monitor, starts fine, and makes it to the Ready to connect screen.Win + K on my Win 11 PC, and it finds and connects to the 2nd monitor without issue.I then installed the...
  6. Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor

Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor: Does Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor support duplicating screen/ hdmi? I'm so lost I can't change it back because the LCD of my laptop was totally black. I can no longer see the settings or any functions, all I can do is use its keyboard. I accidentally change my drive when I...
  7. Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor: Does Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor support duplicating screen/ hdmi? I'm so lost I can't change it back because the LCD of my laptop was totally black. I can no longer see the settings or any functions, all I can do is use its keyboard. I accidentally change my drive when I...
  8. Microsoft Wireless Adaptor Support

Microsoft Wireless Adaptor Support: Hello,We have a Wireless Display adaptor that continually resets or doesn't power on at at. Reset button doesn't help...How do I contact Microsoft support? Its less than a year old and our vendor says it should have a 1 year warranty. The support page isn't loading the PC...
  9. Wireless Display Adaptor connection error

Wireless Display Adaptor connection error: Hi everyone, I've been trying to connect Microsoft's Wireless Display Adapter on my second computer. The device works fine on the first one. Here is the situation: I've updated the firmware of the adapter with the first computer. I've followed microsoft's entire...
  10. P3Q-00001 Microsoft Wireless Adaptor unable to re-connect

P3Q-00001 Microsoft Wireless Adaptor unable to re-connect: Dear all, Brought Microsoft Wireless Adaptor and updated the latest firmware. Linked with my Laptop (A) Win 10 and working fine. Disconnect and try on another Laptop (B) Win 10, failed. Thus followed the troubleshoot, disconnect the USB, re-connect. Now Laptop (B) is...