Windows 10: Microsoft Wireless Display adaptor - Not detected in MSWDP App

Discus and support Microsoft Wireless Display adaptor - Not detected in MSWDP App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I found my old MSWDA and tried to connect it to see if it still was worth using.Connected to secondary Monitor, starts fine, and makes it to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Knobby, Apr 12, 2022.

1. Knobby Win User

Microsoft Wireless Display adaptor - Not detected in MSWDP App

Hi,I found my old MSWDA and tried to connect it to see if it still was worth using.Connected to secondary Monitor, starts fine, and makes it to the Ready to connect screen.Win + K on my Win 11 PC, and it finds and connects to the 2nd monitor without issue.I then installed the Microsoft Wireless Display APP from the MS Store, then I opened the app, but it doesn't find the adaptor that I've clearly installed as the display is duplicated to my 2nd monitor, and no matter how manner times I hit refresh, the APP never finds my adaptor?Steps I've taken to try and fix so far include...Reset the Adapt

:)

Knobby, Apr 12, 2022

2. Microsoft Wireless Display Adaptor - won't play video/audio

Hi Jake,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

For the issue with Sound try the below steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue.

Let’s try simple methods and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below steps.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. Follow the below method.

• Press Windows key + R and click on
      Control Panel

• Click on View by: category and click on
      Small icon.

• Now click on troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Playing Audio and Click on
      Next
      button.
    If the issue still persist, try the below method:

Method 2.

Step 1.

I suggest you to uninstall the sound driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Audio input and outputs to expand, right click on the device and click on
      uninstall.

• Once you are done uninstalling the restart the computer. If should automatically installed the driver.

If the still persist, try the below steps.
    Step 2.

I suggest you to update the audio driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Audio input and outputs and right click on it and
      update the software.
    If the above methods did not help to fix the issue, try the below method.

Method 3.

I recommend you to go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest updated sound adapter for Windows 10 and install the same. If the available driver is not for Windows 10 try installing the driver in compatibility mode.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    For the issue with Netflix, I recommend you to uninstall and re/install the Netflix and check.

• Go to settings and click on system.

• Click on App & features and click on the Netflix and
      uninstall it.
    Also, I suggest you to go to the below link and try updating the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter

https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/wireless-display-adapter

Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Apr 12, 2022
  3. Abdul_Malik, Apr 12, 2022
  4. VinceOlds Win User

microsoft wireless display adaptor hook up problems

Have an old Acer laptop and have hooked up wireless adaptor to HDMI and USB ports on smart tv monitor, downloaded msoft wireless adaptor app, tv screen set to hdmi display with prompts showing for connection but cannot connect from app. do not have touch
    screen. Have Window 10. Tried reboot, and reload of app several times but PC cannot seem to find adaptor to connect.

VinceOlds, Apr 12, 2022
Thema:

1. Microsoft Wireless Display adaptor - Not detected in MSWDP App - Similar Threads - Microsoft Wireless Display

2. Microsoft Wireless Display Adaptor Not Connecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Wireless Display Adaptor Not Connecting: I have recently bought a Microsoft wireless display adaptor however my computer fails to connect to it, I have tried self troubleshooting the problem by following the guide on Microsoft, I've redid my network and display drivers, I've restarted the adaptor, I've tried other...
  3. Microsoft Wireless Display adaptor - Not detected in MSWDP App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Wireless Display adaptor - Not detected in MSWDP App: Hi,I found my old MSWDA and tried to connect it to see if it still was worth using.Connected to secondary Monitor, starts fine, and makes it to the Ready to connect screen.Win + K on my Win 11 PC, and it finds and connects to the 2nd monitor without issue.I then installed the...
  4. Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor: Does Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor support duplicating screen/ hdmi? I'm so lost I can't change it back because the LCD of my laptop was totally black. I can no longer see the settings or any functions, all I can do is use its keyboard. I accidentally change my drive when I...
  5. Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor: Does Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor support duplicating screen/ hdmi? I'm so lost I can't change it back because the LCD of my laptop was totally black. I can no longer see the settings or any functions, all I can do is use its keyboard. I accidentally change my drive when I...
  6. Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor

7. Microsoft Wireless Adaptor Support

Microsoft Wireless Adaptor Support: Hello,We have a Wireless Display adaptor that continually resets or doesn't power on at at. Reset button doesn't help...How do I contact Microsoft support? Its less than a year old and our vendor says it should have a 1 year warranty. The support page isn't loading the PC...
  8. Wireless Display Adaptor connection error

Wireless Display Adaptor connection error: Hi everyone, I've been trying to connect Microsoft's Wireless Display Adapter on my second computer. The device works fine on the first one. Here is the situation: I've updated the firmware of the adapter with the first computer. I've followed microsoft's entire...
  9. Display Adaptor

Display Adaptor: Hello, I have uninstalled the display adaptor without intention. I wanted to reinstall the driver for the display adaptor but then noticed, that there wasn't a display adaptor in the device manager anymore. It just didn't pop up. I also checked that hidden devices were...
  10. windows 10 detecting wrong display adaptor

windows 10 detecting wrong display adaptor: I am having a problem with the windows 10 upgrade service. It keeps telling me my display adaptor is a Matrox adaptor but the actual adaptor is an intel motherboard adaptor. No Matrox adaptor has ever been fitted (I have had the computer for 15 years (various new...