Windows 10: Microsoft Wireless Mice not working on W10 Upgraded Toshiba Laptops

Discus and support Microsoft Wireless Mice not working on W10 Upgraded Toshiba Laptops in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dear Colleagues, I've been tearing my hair out with this one for 2 days now. I have 2 toshiba laptops (Satellites) which I've just upgraded to W10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SimonC, Aug 10, 2015.

1. SimonC Win User

Microsoft Wireless Mice not working on W10 Upgraded Toshiba Laptops

Dear Colleagues,

I've been tearing my hair out with this one for 2 days now. I have 2 toshiba laptops (Satellites) which I've just upgraded to W10. They both worked perfectly. One has a Microsoft Wireless Mouse 3500 and the other a Microsoft Wireless Sculpt Mobile Mouse. Suddenly, last thursday or friday, both mice won't work. I've looked into this in detail and the diagnostics state that both are ok. Installed latest Mouse and Keyboard centre software from MS - no difference.

I work in IT, and whilst I'm not a tecchie I can reformat a PC etc., so I'm not too bad at this kind of thing but can't solve this one at all. I even rolled back the last two KB (system not Defender) updates from MS and that made no difference. Also installed the updated system files from Toshiba and no difference.

Any help would be gratfully received as I'm doing pennance having to use a wired mouse again!

Simon

:)

SimonC, Aug 10, 2015

2. Suddenly my MS Wireless Mice have both stopped working at all on Laptops which have upgraded to Win 10.

I have 2 laptops (both Toshiba's) and have upgraded these to Windows 10... they both worked fine for 1 week then suddenly both mice stopped working and I can't get them to work at all.

I have re-installed drivers, deleted them etc. Hardware scan shows they are working correctly (which they aren't). I even tried to call Microsoft's Helpline and got a recorded message that it was closed (at 10am UK time!)...very useful. I am tearing my
    hair out with this one so any help would be useful. I've done all the driver bits etc. The mice are: MS Sculpt Mobile Mouse (wireless) and MS Mobile Mouse 3500. The Laptops are both Toshiba Satellites (1 is 3 months old, the other 1.2 years with 8 and 6GB
    RAM respectively). Both run fine on 8.1 prior to upgrade and after it as well.

kind regards,

Simon

SimonC1966, Aug 10, 2015
  3. Keith AR Win User
    windows 10 home upgrade to pro

I have W10 installed on an Toshiba Laptop (generic)

how to upgrade to W10 Pro pls

Keith AR, Aug 10, 2015
  4. SimonC Win User

Dear Colleagues,

I've been tearing my hair out with this one for 2 days now. I have 2 toshiba laptops (Satellites) which I've just upgraded to W10. They both worked perfectly. One has a Microsoft Wireless Mouse 3500 and the other a Microsoft Wireless Sculpt Mobile Mouse. Suddenly, last thursday or friday, both mice won't work. I've looked into this in detail and the diagnostics state that both are ok. Installed latest Mouse and Keyboard centre software from MS - no difference.

I work in IT, and whilst I'm not a tecchie I can reformat a PC etc., so I'm not too bad at this kind of thing but can't solve this one at all. I even rolled back the last two KB (system not Defender) updates from MS and that made no difference. Also installed the updated system files from Toshiba and no difference.

Any help would be gratfully received as I'm doing pennance having to use a wired mouse again!

Simon

SimonC, Aug 10, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft Wireless Mice not working on W10 Upgraded Toshiba Laptops - Similar Threads - Microsoft Wireless Mice

2. Toshiba laptop not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Toshiba laptop not working: Hello, i have a Toshiba laptop it was fine for the past 2 years and now it keeps loop blue screen of death, the stop code keeps showing "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA", luckily it enters automatic repair, maybe i have a corrupted file or something....
  3. Toshiba laptop not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toshiba laptop not working: Hello, i have a Toshiba laptop it was fine for the past 2 years and now it keeps loop blue screen of death, the stop code keeps showing "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA", luckily it enters automatic repair, maybe i have a corrupted file or something....
  4. Toshiba laptop not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Two sets of wireless keyboard and mice stopped working with laptop they worked with for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two sets of wireless keyboard and mice stopped working with laptop they worked with for...: I have a Microsoft Sculpt wireless keyboard and mouse that I connect via USB. After over a year with not one issue, the mouse started acting erratically and the keyboard was responding slowly or not at all. Changed batteries twice. Changed USB ports. Tried on another computer...
  6. Two sets of wireless keyboard and mice stopped working with laptop they worked with for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two sets of wireless keyboard and mice stopped working with laptop they worked with for...: I have a Microsoft Sculpt wireless keyboard and mouse that I connect via USB. After over a year with not one issue, the mouse started acting erratically and the keyboard was responding slowly or not at all. Changed batteries twice. Changed USB ports. Tried on another computer...
  7. Two sets of wireless keyboard and mice stopped working with laptop they worked with for...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Recommendation for wireless mice

Recommendation for wireless mice: I'm trying to look for a wireless mouse to replace the one I have right now. However, it seems that despite my seemingly low requirements, I can't find something that seems satisfactory. Right now, I'm using a Dell WM514p which, while good enough, doesn't have back/forward...
  9. Wireless and other mice won't work

Wireless and other mice won't work: My external mouse for my laptop stopped working. I have now purchased 2 more (first was the same brand so then I went with another). In all 3 cases, they will not operate and when opening device settings, it says the drivers are corrupted. Then I click update driver and it...
  10. Touchpad Issue on Toshiba laptop W10

Touchpad Issue on Toshiba laptop W10: i have toshiba laptop satellite 55 with W10. When i start the computer the cursor on the touchpad works fine but when the computer programs all open up i can no longer see the arrow of the touchpad. I have tried fn 5 and fn9 but still cant see ii. What can i do?...