Windows 10: Microsoft won't accept my password CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Discus and support Microsoft won't accept my password CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi all. I hope you are all well. OK today's been a nightmare. First of all, my laptop screen is broken, so I've been using an external monitor for a... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Argentumartis, Aug 11, 2021.

1. Microsoft won't accept my password CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Hi all. I hope you are all well. OK today's been a nightmare. First of all, my laptop screen is broken, so I've been using an external monitor for a while now. This morning upon starting the thing I get a Blue screen with sad face, telling me that I got a Critical_Process_Died error message. So I do the 3 times hard reboot which then brings to a blue "Choose Option" screen. I choose "Troubleshoot", then choose "Advanced Options", then choose "Command Prompt", I then select my profile and then I'm asked for my password. I enter my Microsoft account password which is linked to the email shown on the screen and I get "The password is incorrect. Try again" message in yellow. I tried all the passwords that I ever had, I still get the same message. I even went to Microsoft website and changed my password there and tried to enter it again on the blue screen and nothing, same message: "The password is incorrect. Try again" Is there anyone here that can help me. Thanks, David

:)

Argentumartis, Aug 11, 2021
  2. Doug399 Win User

After Windows 10 update, signin screen won`t accept my pssword.

Sign-in screen won`t take my password after Windows 10 update on a new HP laptop. I had setup a pin login but now asks for Microsoft password which I wrote down and have used before but will not accept now.

Doug991

Doug399, Aug 11, 2021
  3. Microsoft won't accept my password CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Hi all. I hope you are all well.

OK today's been a nightmare. First of all, my laptop screen is broken, so I've been using an external monitor for a while now.

This morning upon starting the thing I get a Blue screen with *Sad sad face, telling me that I got a Critical_Process_Died error message.

So I do the 3 times hard reboot which then brings to a blue "Choose Option" screen. I choose "Troubleshoot", then choose "Advanced Options", then choose "Command Prompt", I then select my profile and then I'm asked for my password. I enter my Microsoft account password which is linked to the email shown on the screen and I get "The password is incorrect. Try again" message in yellow. I tried all the passwords that I ever had, I still get the same message.

I even went to Microsoft website and changed my password there and tried to enter it again on the blue screen and nothing, same message: "The password is incorrect. Try again"

Is there anyone here that can help me. Thanks,

David

Argentumartis, Aug 11, 2021
  4. Microsoft won't accept my password CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Changed my Microsoft account password but windows login keeps accepting old password

Hi,

I have a Microsoft account (to be specific, it's a Passport account. I created it with a gmail account) and I recently changed my password and activated two-step verification with Microsoft Authenticator app.

The new password works perfectly in any web page, but doesn´t work when I try to login in my notebook. Windows login keeps accepting old password, and doesn´t accept the new one.

Am I doing something wrong or this is some kind of bug?

Thanks.

Axel Salomon, Aug 11, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft won't accept my password CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

1. Microsoft won't accept my password CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED - Similar Threads - Microsoft won't accept

2. Critical_Process_Died password not accepted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical_Process_Died password not accepted: Running Windows 10, apparently after a couple of Windows updates, unable to boot my desktop. Error is Critical_Process_Died but I can get screens to update the start process, remove updates, etc. However, all of these require a password. I have used all I can remember and...
  3. Critical_Process_Died password not accepted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Critical_Process_Died password not accepted: Running Windows 10, apparently after a couple of Windows updates, unable to boot my desktop. Error is Critical_Process_Died but I can get screens to update the start process, remove updates, etc. However, all of these require a password. I have used all I can remember and...
  4. Critical_Process_Died password not accepted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Laptop won't accept password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop won't accept password: I have a laptop that won't accept my microsoft.com password. When I type in my password I get the message "That password is incorrect. Make sure you're using the password for your Microsoft account. You can always reset it at account.live.com/password/reset".I am using the...
  6. Laptop won't accept my password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop won't accept my password: What can i do. If i open my laptop and i type in my password it says password incorrect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-wont-accept-my-password/3a25af04-6c56-4fe0-bc9d-afe86a6ae62a
  7. Microsoft won't accept password a second time

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft won't accept password a second time: I just got a new computer. I'm trying to sign into my Microsoft account via my computer but it won't let me. I've changed my password several times. It'll accept a new password and when I go to sign in, it'll accept the password the FIRST TIME. Then it gives me a "give us the...
  8. Microsoft won't accept my password CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft won't accept my password CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: Hi all. I hope you are all well. OK today's been a nightmare. First of all, my laptop screen is broken, so I've been using an external monitor for a while now. This morning upon starting the thing I get a Blue screen with sad face, telling me that I got a...
  9. computer won't accept my password to sign in or for Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    computer won't accept my password to sign in or for Microsoft account: After updating windows 10, I cannot log into my computer. Receive incorrect password msg for both signin and Microsoft account even though I can sign in on my phone and another computer using the same passwords....
  10. Won't accept my password to log

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Won't accept my password to log: It took the password when I went into the setup but won't accept it when I try to open Windows. Tells me my password is incorrect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wont-accept-my-password-to-log/debee611-0b98-4a7e-812d-d0462436a355"