Windows 10: Microsoft won't accept password a second time

Discus and support Microsoft won't accept password a second time in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just got a new computer. I'm trying to sign into my Microsoft account via my computer but it won't let me. I've changed my password several times.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RWhit_588, Aug 14, 2021.

1. RWhit_588 Win User

Microsoft won't accept password a second time

I just got a new computer. I'm trying to sign into my Microsoft account via my computer but it won't let me. I've changed my password several times. It'll accept a new password and when I go to sign in, it'll accept the password the FIRST TIME. Then it gives me a "give us the password a second time" and it says the password is wrong. I'm copy-pasted the password so I know I'm not typing it in wrong. What's going on? It'll accept it on line like here or with my games/app, but it won't accept it the second time I put it in.

:)

RWhit_588, Aug 14, 2021
  2. Doug399 Win User

After Windows 10 update, signin screen won`t accept my pssword.

Sign-in screen won`t take my password after Windows 10 update on a new HP laptop. I had setup a pin login but now asks for Microsoft password which I wrote down and have used before but will not accept now.

Doug991

Doug399, Aug 14, 2021
  3. Changed my Microsoft account password but windows login keeps accepting old password

Hi,

I have a Microsoft account (to be specific, it's a Passport account. I created it with a gmail account) and I recently changed my password and activated two-step verification with Microsoft Authenticator app.

The new password works perfectly in any web page, but doesn´t work when I try to login in my notebook. Windows login keeps accepting old password, and doesn´t accept the new one.

Am I doing something wrong or this is some kind of bug?

Thanks.

Axel Salomon, Aug 14, 2021
  4. Microsoft won't accept password a second time

cannot login to my Microsoft account on my device (not in browser) - asking me for password a second time and not accepting my password

Please help, I have reset my password 10 times not and I cant login. just got a new PC and wanting to login with my own account, I enter my account email (that's accepted), I enter my password (that's accepted), then I am asked to enter my password one last/more
    time (and it keeps telling me it is not correct).

I loged in online on my browser, without any issue what so ever and was not asked to enter my password a second time.

Please help.. what is this second time password it needs? why does it not accept my password?

Thanks

Miroslav Nenkov, Aug 14, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft won't accept password a second time

1. Microsoft won't accept password a second time - Similar Threads - Microsoft won't accept

2. Microsoft Account Password accepted first time, but not second time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account Password accepted first time, but not second time: Hi,When signing in via Settings, my Username and PIN are accepted, then my Password is accepted, but when Password is asked for a second time “We’ll need your current Microsoft password one last time”, it is not accepted “The password you have entered for your device is...
  3. Microsoft Account Password accepted first time, but not second time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Account Password accepted first time, but not second time: Hi,When signing in via Settings, my Username and PIN are accepted, then my Password is accepted, but when Password is asked for a second time “We’ll need your current Microsoft password one last time”, it is not accepted “The password you have entered for your device is...
  4. Windows won't accept password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't accept password: My laptop encountered an error and I've been in a bit of a loop with the recovery part e.i. restarting and ending up with the error and then being told automatic repair can't fix the issue. Every attempt I've made to use things like command prompt and stuff like the reset...
  5. Windows won't accept password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't accept password: My laptop encountered an error and I've been in a bit of a loop with the recovery part e.i. restarting and ending up with the error and then being told automatic repair can't fix the issue. Every attempt I've made to use things like command prompt and stuff like the reset...
  6. Windows won't accept password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Laptop won't accept password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't accept password: I have a laptop that won't accept my microsoft.com password. When I type in my password I get the message "That password is incorrect. Make sure you're using the password for your Microsoft account. You can always reset it at account.live.com/password/reset".I am using the...
  8. Laptop won't accept password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop won't accept password: I have a laptop that won't accept my microsoft.com password. When I type in my password I get the message "That password is incorrect. Make sure you're using the password for your Microsoft account. You can always reset it at account.live.com/password/reset".I am using the...
  9. Microsoft won't accept my password CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft won't accept my password CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: Hi all. I hope you are all well. OK today's been a nightmare. First of all, my laptop screen is broken, so I've been using an external monitor for a while now. This morning upon starting the thing I get a Blue screen with sad face, telling me that I got a...
  10. Microsoft won't accept my password CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft won't accept my password CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: Hi all. I hope you are all well. OK today's been a nightmare. First of all, my laptop screen is broken, so I've been using an external monitor for a while now. This morning upon starting the thing I get a Blue screen with sad face, telling me that I got a...