Windows 10: Microsoft won't let me add/change email addresses

Discus and support Microsoft won't let me add/change email addresses in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Microsoft Live is not accepting my main personal emails as valid. I've waited 6 weeks for one new email address to become associated with my Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by OlwenBlyton, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Microsoft won't let me add/change email addresses

Microsoft Live is not accepting my main personal emails as valid. I've waited 6 weeks for one new email address to become associated with my Microsoft account and it still hasn't happened. No word from Microsoft.

Today I tried to associate a second email account and the webpage won't even consider that one because the message says it is a school or work email. It is not - both the emails I am trying to add are my personal emails. My internet provider is a very large Australian company - why are Microsoft so poorly informed?

The email that I have associated with my Microsoft account right now has been compromised and is being used to try to scam me in various nasty ways. I will be deleting this email address by the end of next week at the latest. What use will my Microsoft account be to Microsoft if they cannot contact me anymore?

:)

OlwenBlyton, Mar 29, 2019

2. How to change email address on Skype?

On Skype account I have 3 email addresses which don`t exist anymore. I would like to put my new email address on Skype account because in 5 days it won`t open. Could you tell me, please, how to change it?

radkaprokesh, Mar 29, 2019
  3. Changing administrator email address

Hi Nooren,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) How do you access the Windows computer? Do you use Microsoft account or local account?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open PC settings, and click/tap on Accounts on the left side.

• Click/tap on your account on the right side, click/tap on the More account settings online link at the top of the right side.

• If this PC or device is not a trusted device, then you will be prompted to enter and submit a security code sent to your phone or alternate email address.

• In Internet Explorer, or your default web browser, click/tap on the Add or change aliases link under Account aliases.

• Click/tap on Rename under your (primary alias).

• Click/tap on Yes, rename my primary alias.

• Sign in to your Microsoft account with your new email address and password. You can close the web browser when finished.

• To Create a New Email Address to Use as your Primary Alias

• Select (dot) Create a new email address as your primary alias.

• Select if you want a new hotmail.com, live.com, or outlook.com address.

• Type in a name you want, click/tap on Rename primary alias
    9. Click/tap on OK.

Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Mar 29, 2019
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Microsoft won't let me add/change email addresses

change email address for Microsoft account

Hi Keith,

To better understand the concern, we’d like to know the following information:

• Are you trying to change the email address while retaining the information you have on the Microsoft account?
    • On which Microsoft platform are you trying to change your email address (Xbox account, Outlook account, Community Forum)?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Mayra Aqu, Mar 29, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft won't let me add/change email addresses

1. Microsoft won't let me add/change email addresses - Similar Threads - Microsoft won't let

2. Changing email address in Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing email address in Microsoft: I tried to follow the directions to changing my email on the Microsoft settings but when I tried it comes up with "We couldn't sign you in.. my name... and my old email address ... An illegal state change was requested."I have no access to this old email address and cannot...
  3. Changing email address in Microsoft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing email address in Microsoft: I tried to follow the directions to changing my email on the Microsoft settings but when I tried it comes up with "We couldn't sign you in.. my name... and my old email address ... An illegal state change was requested."I have no access to this old email address and cannot...
  4. it won't let me change pin

it won't let me change pin: the power went out and when I turned on the pc again I got met with the bit key screen so I got the bit key. Then it said that my pin had to change for security changes on this device which is **** retarded but whatever, then when I press the "set up key" button literally...
  5. it won't let me change pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    it won't let me change pin: the power went out and when I turned on the pc again I got met with the bit key screen so I got the bit key. Then it said that my pin had to change for security changes on this device which is **** retarded but whatever, then when I press the "set up key" button literally...
  6. My email won't let me in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My email won't let me in.: When I go to sign in the message says I must accept several items or my information. When I decline I get kicked back out. Do you have me locked out for some reason? It says I'm not logged in?...
  7. My email won't let me in.

My email won't let me in.: When I go to sign in the message says I must accept several items or my information. When I decline I get kicked back out. Do you have me locked out for some reason? It says I'm not logged in?...
  8. Won't let me add a Bluetooth device.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Won't let me add a Bluetooth device.: Hiya, I seem to be having a problem with connecting my Earbuds to my PC. When I click the " Add Bluetooth or other device " and select the Bluetooth option, it loads for a few seconds then just disappears. I tried in the Control Panel, tried clicking " Add device " and it...
  9. Microsoft won't let me log in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft won't let me log in: Hello, for the past week, I've been trying to log into my Microsoft account, but every time it says "Sorry, but we’re having trouble signing you in.". I'm not sure how to fix this... [ATTACH]...
  10. Microsoft Store won't let me add my mastercard

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store won't let me add my mastercard: So i wanted to buy Minecraft, after giving all the required card info and clicking save it gives a "try again later, there was a problem on our side" problem both on the app and web on my phone, i tried adding the same card in the play store and it works fine, i tried again a...