Windows 10: Microsoft won't recognize my Outlook 2016 user credentials

Discus and support Microsoft won't recognize my Outlook 2016 user credentials in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been using Windows for many many years and Win10 since shortly before Win7 lost support. For much of that time I have been using Outlook 2016... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Odin99, May 23, 2020.

1. Odin99 Win User

Microsoft won't recognize my Outlook 2016 user credentials

I have been using Windows for many many years and Win10 since shortly before Win7 lost support. For much of that time I have been using Outlook 2016 and also a feature of my Firefox browser that allows me to easily send an email referencing my active Web page. A few weeks ago I had to reinstall Win10, and now I've attempted to use the Firefox feature mentioned above, for which Microsoft is requiring me to provide my Outlook credentials--which have not changed but which Microsoft doesn't recognize! I have no difficulty in sending and receiving my mail using Outlook 2016. Can you help?

:)

Odin99, May 23, 2020
  2. Rey Bel1 Win User

update credentials to receive mail from Microsoft Outlook

Hi,

Changes in the Outlook configuration settings may cause this issue. For us to better assist you, we'd like to ask the following:

• Which Outlook version are you using? Click this link for the steps to find out.
    • When did the issue begin?

Since you're unable to install the latest update, you can work around this issue by removing all previously saved credentials. To remove stored credentials and force Outlook to use your Windows desktop credentials, follow these steps.

• Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click
      Credential Manager. (Note: If
      View
      by is set to Category, click
      User
      Accounts first, and then click Credential
      Manager.)
    • Locate the set of credentials that has Outlook in the name.
    • Click the name to expand the set of credentials, and then click Remove
      from Vault.
    • Repeat step 3 for any additional sets of credentials that have the word
      Outlook
      in the name.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rey Bel1, May 23, 2020
  3. Group Email In Outlook 2016? Need Help!

The screen shot looks like that's where she would CREATE a new group. What is on the "Send/Receive" tab?

Check this site out...

How to Create Custom Groups in Outlook 2016 | Laptop Mag

After step 7, it tells you how to send to a group.

nolafotoknut, May 23, 2020
  4. Microsoft won't recognize my Outlook 2016 user credentials

Microsoft Outlook Windows Security Pop Up Box

Hi Kimberly,

There is a possibility that the stored credentials are not overwritten when Outlook triggers the authentication prompt even if you enable the Remember my credentials option.

For us to isolate this issue, we suggest that you remove all previously saved credentials. To remove stored credentials and force Outlook to use your Windows desktop credentials, follow these steps:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Credential Manager.

Note If View by is set to Category, click User Accounts first, and then click Credential Manager

• Locate the set of credentials that has Outlook in the name.
    • Click the name to expand the set of credentials, and then click Remove from Vault.
    • Repeat step 3 for any additional sets of credentials that have the word Outlook in the name.

Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft won't recognize my Outlook 2016 user credentials

1. Microsoft won't recognize my Outlook 2016 user credentials - Similar Threads - Microsoft won't recognize

2. Microsoft Outlook 2016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Outlook 2016: I have accidentally pressed a repair on my outlook 2016. Now I have lost folders-sub folders and emails. Not real tech savvy so don't know where to go to see if i can get it back to where it was before the repair....
  3. Microsoft Outlook 2016

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Outlook 2016: I have accidentally pressed a repair on my outlook 2016. Now I have lost folders-sub folders and emails. Not real tech savvy so don't know where to go to see if i can get it back to where it was before the repair....
  4. Microsoft Outlook 2016

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Networked computer won't recognize Microsoft login credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Networked computer won't recognize Microsoft login credentials: I have two Dell laptops. Both are on the same home network, and I set up both for sharing files and folders. One computer, let's call it SilverDell, uses a Microsoft account for access, the other, let's call it BlackDell, uses another method of access. SilverDell can access...
  6. Outlook 2016

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlook 2016: Sorry re posted in office 137379
  7. Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016: I was given a copy of Outlook 2016 since I could not get my old Outlook 2003 to work on Windows 10. The way it works is really confusing at the moment. Does anyone know of good tutorials to help in learning process? One thing I would like to know right NOW is how to get...
  8. Outlook 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016: This is probably more a Gmail settings question then an Outlook question but here goes. I use Outlook 2016 since it's release with 6 live, outlook accounts and 1 gmail account for years and years. I received an email from Google stating that my gmail account security...
  9. Credential Manager won't recognize changed password

in Windows 10 Support
    Credential Manager won't recognize changed password: Created new password in an app that had been an automatic login. Now, looking at Credential Manager I see the old password still saved there. Also, no edit ability, can only delete the entire entry. Would it work to delete the old entry and then see if Cred. Mgr. would...
  10. Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016: Address book missing from recent upgrade. Attempting to send email I click "TO:" and no address book is showing my list of contacts. Recently transferred from old pc to new pc using WD Passport. Though Passport would transfer all files and data. Cannot locate the Outlook 2016...