Windows 10: Microsoft Word 16 on Windows 10 lag while scrolling

Discus and support Microsoft Word 16 on Windows 10 lag while scrolling in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My issue appears when I open this one particular Word document. It is a Health and Safety Manual, rather large, and uses a table of contents. I'm using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/honie309, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Microsoft Word 16 on Windows 10 lag while scrolling

My issue appears when I open this one particular Word document. It is a Health and Safety Manual, rather large, and uses a table of contents. I'm using Word 16 on Windows 10.

When I open it and begin scrolling, the scroll is super slow. It lags, and then after a few scrolls on the mouse, it will jump down suddenly. It does this for the entire length of the document, 97 pages in total. This document is only 6,186 KB. I have another manual, 26,810 KB in size, that scrolls fine, no lag.

I've tried all the things I can see (and understand) on Google. A lot of them point me to Disable Graphics Hardware Acceleration in Word. However when I go to that section in the settings in Word, that option isn't even available. I've tried disabling the Update document content while dragging and Use subpixel positioning to smooth fonts on screen. Both of these did nothing. There are no Add-Ins on this document.

I'm confused now as to what I should try to do. Again, it's just this document. It needs to be constantly edited and updated, so this lag is incredibly annoying and counter productive.

submitted by /u/honie309
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/honie309, Apr 14, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 14, 2021
  3. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Apr 14, 2021
  4. Microsoft Word 16 on Windows 10 lag while scrolling

microsoft word 2003

I have a lot of ms word files on my pc. But one of them showed me an error - Getting unknown error messages while opening (.doc) or (.docx) files. I don't know how to open my word file or repair microsoft word. Any suggestions, guys, please.

abandone15, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Word 16 on Windows 10 lag while scrolling

1. Microsoft Word 16 on Windows 10 lag while scrolling - Similar Threads - Microsoft Word lag

2. I have Microsoft Word 16

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have Microsoft Word 16: And When I go to paste something in "Blank Document" It's very small. How can I make it larger?I want the Word, Blank Document much larger.Or am I even asking the right website?Can you help me please?...
  3. I have Microsoft Word 16

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have Microsoft Word 16: And When I go to paste something in "Blank Document" It's very small. How can I make it larger?I want the Word, Blank Document much larger.Or am I even asking the right website?Can you help me please?...
  4. Keyboard Lag, Video Hitching/Lag, Mouse Lag, Scrolling Lag with Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Lag, Video Hitching/Lag, Mouse Lag, Scrolling Lag with Windows 11: I have a 3+ year old Dell G3 laptop with an Intel Core i5 9th gen processor and I am at my wits end trying to get my laptop to work as designed with Windows 11. I have done endured every update available to me, and have not rewound undone or rolled back any of them. Problems:...
  5. Keyboard Lag, Video Hitching/Lag, Mouse Lag, Scrolling Lag with Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Lag, Video Hitching/Lag, Mouse Lag, Scrolling Lag with Windows 11: I have a 3+ year old Dell G3 laptop with an Intel Core i5 9th gen processor and I am at my wits end trying to get my laptop to work as designed with Windows 11. I have done endured every update available to me, and have not rewound undone or rolled back any of them. Problems:...
  6. Microsoft Word - scroll bar turns screen black

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Word - scroll bar turns screen black: Hello. I just had an update and now my Microsoft Word is not working. Whenever I click on the vertical scroll bar, it turns my screen black. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-word-scroll-bar-turns-screen-black/d2c3138d-1544-4e74-99ac-0e9d7a1e577f
  7. Lost typed words in Window 16.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost typed words in Window 16.: I forgot to save a word file I was typing before updating the window. Then I lost what I have typed. How can I recover? Word 2016. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-typed-words-in-window-16/8a8ce3a7-ad29-42d6-910e-d4743742c14d
  8. File Explorer Scroll Lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer Scroll Lag: Hello, I have been experiencing lag when scrolling down the file tree in my file explorer. My mouse properties are fine and I am currently only experiencing this issue on my file explorer. I already reinstalled my GPU drivers but I have been unsuccessful in fixing this issue....
  9. Please help! Microsoft Word severely lagging after Windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help! Microsoft Word severely lagging after Windows 10 update.: Good evening! Would greatly appreciate any assistance with resolving this issue. I just finished installing updates and opened Word to start writing a paper and Word is severely lagging. I press a key and the letter appears two seconds later. Everything is operating slow in...
  10. Pointer and Scroll Wheel Lag

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pointer and Scroll Wheel Lag: Hello, Been having the issue of pointer lag and more recently scroll wheel lag for the last few weeks, I have had Windows 10 ever since the free upgrade was available, (sometime in August) and this never happened to me before. I have done several computer upgrades since...