Windows 10: Microsoft Word 2016 Printing

Discus and support Microsoft Word 2016 Printing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Microsoft Word 2016 closes when I try to print. All available updates have been installed.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DanCrane2, Oct 8, 2019.

1. DanCrane2 Win User

Microsoft Word 2016 Printing

Microsoft Word 2016 closes when I try to print.

All available updates have been installed.

:)

DanCrane2, Oct 8, 2019

2. microsoft word 2003

I have a lot of ms word files on my pc. But one of them showed me an error - Getting unknown error messages while opening (.doc) or (.docx) files. I don't know how to open my word file or repair microsoft word. Any suggestions, guys, please.

abandone15, Oct 8, 2019
  3. ddelo Win User
    No printing from Microsoft Word 2016, after update to 17134.137

Afrer Cumulative Update KB4284848 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.137 - June 26,
    Word 2016 documents could not be printed.
    MS Excel, Acrobat, Photoshop print fine. It's just Word that has the problem.

The last couple of years, I have been using a custom Word theme with default fonts, the Adobe Minion Pro and Adobe Myriad Pro. Both fonts are CFF OpenType fonts (.otf). Trying to print any document based on that theme is impossible.
    If I change the theme fonts to TrueType (.ttf) Word prints just fine.

After some research, I found that, according to this post in the Adobe forum:

It is a known bug in Windows 10 v1803. Printing using Type 4 printer drivers fails when any OpenType CFF font is used in you document.

Microsoft is aware of the problem and working on releasing a fix on some upcoming Patch Tuesday.

So if anybody else faces the same issue, don't get crazy, with printer drivers, Office reinstallation etc. While waiting for a fix from Microsoft, to workaround the problem, either change all .otf fonts in your document, or if typeface is imperative in your document print your document to PDF and then print the PDF.

I hope that helps someone with the same problem.

Just a final note. A big thanks to @Wynona, for taking the time to test for the existence of the problem.

ddelo, Oct 8, 2019
  4. SRV
    srv Win User

Jump Lists Not working for Word 2016 or Excel 2016

I have the same version.
    If I don't have word pinned to my taskbar then I drop a word doc on the task bar it creates a shortcut to Word on my task bar with a pinned entry for that file - BUT when you click the file is says it doesn't exist then if you right click the file and click open it works just fine - so the problem gets even more strange *Smile

Microsoft Word 2016 Printing [​IMG]

but if you right click text.docx and click open it works...

Microsoft Word 2016 Printing [​IMG]

and the recent list never appears on the right click menu....

something somewhere is very confused - that includes me at the moment!

Thema:

1. Microsoft Word 2016 Printing - Similar Threads - Microsoft Word 2016

2. MS Word 2016 'Quick Print'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Word 2016 'Quick Print': There used to be a short cut to print a document prior to the latest update.Icon at the top of the page....click...and it went straight to the default printer.Instead of 'File/print/select printer'Help please....
  3. MS Word 2016 'Quick Print'

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Word 2016 'Quick Print': There used to be a short cut to print a document prior to the latest update.Icon at the top of the page....click...and it went straight to the default printer.Instead of 'File/print/select printer'Help please....
  4. MS Word 2016 'Quick Print'

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 Label printing in Word 2016

Windows 10 Label printing in Word 2016: How do fix labels not lining up properly in Word 2016 using Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-label-printing-in-word-2016/f96efd16-c12f-4ebf-9d2c-a8190405be64
  6. Running Microsoft word 2010 alongside Word 2016

Running Microsoft word 2010 alongside Word 2016: Hi All, We have an application that is currently running Windows 7, 32 bit office install. The application needs upgrading to Windows 10, and will therefore have a 64 bit install of office2016. We have been told by the application vendor, that they have clients who are...
  7. Word 2016

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Word 2016: I am unable to open home page I have reinstalled the product but I still cannot open it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-2016/1534d006-b45d-41a6-85c6-cb5274dcc1f4"
  8. BSOD when Printing from Word 2016

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD when Printing from Word 2016: Hey all Have a issue where printing a document from work 2016 caused the machine to Blue Screen … Only happen on specific documents. Any Ideals or Suggestions? Windows and Office fully upto date … Latest driver for the printer …. not happening to all machines....
  9. No printing from Microsoft Word 2016, after update to 17134.137

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No printing from Microsoft Word 2016, after update to 17134.137: Afrer Cumulative Update KB4284848 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.137 - June 26, Word 2016 documents could not be printed. MS Excel, Acrobat, Photoshop print fine. It's just Word that has the problem. The last couple of years, I have been using a Word theme with default fonts,...
  10. Microsoft Word 2016 Starting With Windows

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Microsoft Word 2016 Starting With Windows: Hello all, I have an issue where Microsoft Word 2016 starts up with Windows when the computer boots up. It seems to have started about 2 weeks ago. I cant think of anything I did or changed, but one day, Word had started up on its own with the machine. Ive looked in all...