Windows 10: Microsoft Word 365 Files All Changed to Notepad

Discus and support Microsoft Word 365 Files All Changed to Notepad in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi All, I am desperate to fix this problem. I was opening Word documents. One wouldn't open, so I clicked "Open With"....Notepad, just for that one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PeggieMc, Jan 2, 2020.

1. PeggieMc Win User

Microsoft Word 365 Files All Changed to Notepad

Hi All,

I am desperate to fix this problem. I was opening Word documents. One wouldn't open, so I clicked "Open With"....Notepad, just for that one file. THEY ALL CHANGED to Notepad files. How do I get all my Word documents back to Word files? I've tried opening the files with Word and doing a Save As....does not work. This is crazy!

Anyone have the answer. I am running on a Dell desktop, Windows 10, Office 365.

Thanks for any help!!!

PeggieMc

:)

PeggieMc, Jan 2, 2020

2. microsoft word 2003

I have a lot of ms word files on my pc. But one of them showed me an error - Getting unknown error messages while opening (.doc) or (.docx) files. I don't know how to open my word file or repair microsoft word. Any suggestions, guys, please.

abandone15, Jan 2, 2020
  3. esmorax Win User
    Windows 10 Office 365 cannot open files from: recent file list

Thanks for the tip! I followed all above steps.

So far I can open files from the Recent files list when I enter Word itself, however I still am unable to open any documents using the Word icon pinned to the taskbar:

Microsoft Word 365 Files All Changed to Notepad [​IMG]

-

esmorax, Jan 2, 2020
  4. Microsoft Word 365 Files All Changed to Notepad

How does one transfer a saved document in Notepad to some sort of Word file

You can download a Microsoft Office 365 trial with Microsoft Word, then use it to open that particular Notepad file.

Free Trial Download, Try Microsoft Office 365 Products

Free Trial Download, Try Microsoft Office 365 Products

or

Open WordPad in Windows 10 then try opening the Notepad file.

Andre Da Costa, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Word 365 Files All Changed to Notepad

1. Microsoft Word 365 Files All Changed to Notepad - Similar Threads - Microsoft Word 365

2. Change default file type from *.txt to ALL FILES in notepad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change default file type from *.txt to ALL FILES in notepad: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-default-file-type-from-txt-to-all-files-in/1baf2d3a-cd93-4ddc-b021-7e58e48c7693I found an answer far more helpful than this one.I turned to a scripting solution. Use AutoHotkey to do this.Loop{WinWaitActive, Open...
  3. How to disable Word Wrap for all files in Notepad Windows 11 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable Word Wrap for all files in Notepad Windows 11 ?: Hello everyone !It seems that there was a recent update on the Windows Notepad at least it changed recently for me, with tabs and stuff.Though this is generally good, i have a problem with word wrapping : i need most of my texte files NOT to wrap, because it is much easier to...
  4. How to disable Word Wrap for all files in Notepad Windows 11 ?

How to disable Word Wrap for all files in Notepad Windows 11 ?: Hello everyone !It seems that there was a recent update on the Windows Notepad at least it changed recently for me, with tabs and stuff.Though this is generally good, i have a problem with word wrapping : i need most of my texte files NOT to wrap, because it is much easier to...
  5. Word in mICROSOFT 365

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Word in mICROSOFT 365: UNABLE TO OPEN DOCUMENTS ATTACHED TO EMAIL'; UNABLE TO FORMAT WORD DOCUMENTS WHAT IS "ONE TOUCH" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-in-microsoft-365/64255afd-0c76-43bd-9e80-7f4df7b59bcf
  6. Use of Word on Microsoft 365

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Use of Word on Microsoft 365: When I create a document in Word, do I have a choice of storing in the cloud or on local hard drive? Can I easily do both? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/use-of-word-on-microsoft-365/cb9e81ec-aae6-4650-bb41-09af4c735a92
  7. Microsoft Office 365 Word

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Office 365 Word: G'day, I have just updated to 365 Word. I have been practicing writing documents. Obviously I do not want to keep them. Each time I open a new page on the left hand side are all my previous documents. I cannot find out how to delete them. Please could somebody help me?...
  8. Notepad to Word

Notepad to Word: I chose to open a document in Notepad but I would like to change that same document over to Word. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/notepad-to-word/edf4a944-24d6-4650-b05d-08bc1a366264
  9. Microsoft Word Office 365

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Word Office 365: Does anyone have a way to restore a corrupt Word document? I've tried everything and I really need this document. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/microsoft-word-office-365/51fde4cc-82e6-41f8-8520-82cc41422b5e
  10. Change default font in Word/Notepad

Change default font in Word/Notepad: Is there anyway to change the default 'Calibri' font that is set on opening Notepad or Wordpad? I would love to open Notepad to find the font set at something I like. 'Verdana' for example, so I can just get straight on. I know I sound lazy, but I use Note or Wordpad a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft notepad