Windows 10: Microsoft Word changes the font type on another computer

Discus and support Microsoft Word changes the font type on another computer in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi, I use Word 2019 and had to move the file I work on another laptop. Before opening the file, I installed every font used inside. The problem is... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Gangstarr, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Gangstarr Win User

Microsoft Word changes the font type on another computer

Hi,

I use Word 2019 and had to move the file I work on another laptop.
    Before opening the file, I installed every font used inside.
    The problem is when I open the file, Word shows the text with different font even though the font I use for titles shown up there.
    When I select the title and apply the font, everything is fine but checking every title and applying the font is going to take too much time. I appreciate if you can assist me on this matter.

I attach the font as well

:)

Gangstarr, Feb 7, 2020
  2. Gangstarr Win User

Thank you for your answer. Normally, the first thing I do is copying the font file under "Fonts" folder.
    When I open the file, I can see the font on the dropdown list but Word applies "Old English Text MT" font to titles.
    I've never used this font and I know the title of the font I use is similar to this one but the point I do not understand is why Word decides to use a random font with similar title? Is there a setting/check box somehwere I'm missing? This is so annoying because I have never experienced it before and it is happening now.

Gangstarr, Feb 26, 2020
  3. Berton Win User

Sometimes a program will interpret or approximate a Font, use one it feels is similar. When I installed it on my Desktop I showed 2 Old English Fonts but a fresh download of your file on my Notebook shows only file name of Old English ATT Bold so I don't know which of the many programs installed created the other one.

Microsoft Word changes the font type on another computer [​IMG]

Berton, Feb 26, 2020
  4. Berton Win User

How did you install the Font? Just copying it to the Fonts folder is the first step, it then needs installing so programs know about it. I just extracted the Font from the compressed file, right-clicked it and Installed, Word liked it but the document I chose had to have text selected then change the Font for it. Can't say that will always work with a document brought in that contains the reference to that particular Font [or any other]. Sometimes a program will balk in editing a foreign document but I always get a yellow banner warning when doing so.

Berton, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft Word changes the font type on another computer - Similar Threads - Microsoft Word changes

2. Missing Fonts in Microsoft Word

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing Fonts in Microsoft Word: Hello, I've noticed that some fonts are missing in Microsoft Word on my Windows 10 PC. These are fonts that I've used before, but now they're no longer available in the font menu. I've checked the Fonts folder in Control Panel, and the fonts are still installed on my...
  3. Missing Fonts in Microsoft Word

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Fonts in Microsoft Word: Hello, I've noticed that some fonts are missing in Microsoft Word on my Windows 10 PC. These are fonts that I've used before, but now they're no longer available in the font menu. I've checked the Fonts folder in Control Panel, and the fonts are still installed on my...
  4. Missing Fonts in Microsoft Word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. can't change font in Word documents

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can't change font in Word documents: Microsoft Update installed today, now I can't change font in Word documents https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-font-in-word-documents/b1ad7097-f046-46ee-8294-098740c0be78
  6. Delayed typing in Word 365 with certain fonts.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Delayed typing in Word 365 with certain fonts.: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 20H2 19042.844 Word 365 MSO 16.0.13628.20318 Hi! I've been having a weird problem with delayed typing in Word 365 that only recently started happening. Basically, Word suffers a bad case of delayed typing if certain fonts are installed. When I first...
  7. Downloaded fonts not working in Microsoft Word.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Downloaded fonts not working in Microsoft Word.: I can download different fonts from online and they show up in my "font bank", but they will not work on a word document. Help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloaded-fonts-not-working-in-microsoft-word/18c1523a-defa-4a9e-af4c-35bcb8926d67
  8. Change default font in Word

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change default font in Word: How can I change my default font and size when I create a Word doc? Thank you! Darlene J. Brent https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-default-font-in-word/784c957a-2031-42bd-a6f6-a0b1fb2a2837"
  9. HOW TO CHANGE SIZE AND TYPE OF FONTS

in Windows 10 Customization
    HOW TO CHANGE SIZE AND TYPE OF FONTS: MY FONT IS TOO SMALL AND TOO LIGHT HURTS MY EYES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-size-and-type-of-fonts/c91f7123-9b2f-49fb-8a5f-a483ff452c23
  10. Change default font in Word/Notepad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change default font in Word/Notepad: Is there anyway to change the default 'Calibri' font that is set on opening Notepad or Wordpad? I would love to open Notepad to find the font set at something I like. 'Verdana' for example, so I can just get straight on. I know I sound lazy, but I use Note or Wordpad a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot