Windows 10: Microsoft Word Error message

Discus and support Microsoft Word Error message in Cortana to solve the problem; For the past 3 to 4 days I cannot open some of the documents saved in my computer that are on Microsoft Word. I keep getting the message that reads... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by NombuleloZingela, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Microsoft Word Error message

For the past 3 to 4 days I cannot open some of the documents saved in my computer that are on Microsoft Word. I keep getting the message that reads like:

"We're sorry, bur Word has run into an error that is preventing it from working correctly. Word will need to be closed as a result." Would you like to repair now. Then there is a choice to either (Repair, Help or Close) When I choose repair the page I work on disappears within a minute, help directs me to this page and close just does that. In other words Repair and close do the same) I cannot work in any of the files that are saved on Microsoft Word in my computer now. Can someone help please.

:)

NombuleloZingela, Aug 17, 2019

2. microsoft word 2003

I have a lot of ms word files on my pc. But one of them showed me an error - Getting unknown error messages while opening (.doc) or (.docx) files. I don't know how to open my word file or repair microsoft word. Any suggestions, guys, please.

abandone15, Aug 17, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    microsoft word 2003

Is it just one file, or all your word files?

With the exception of Outlook, I have yet to find a reason to stop using Office 2000, 2003, and 2007. They open all the latest files just fine, and they work just fine.

newtekie1, Aug 17, 2019
  4. Microsoft Word Error message

Cortana not finding Microsoft Word

Hi Ethan,

To isolate your concern, what message are you getting after searching Microsoft Word in Cortana?

To locate Microsoft Word, you may refer to the following steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Select Programs.
    • Select Programs and Features.
    • Look for Microsoft Office.

Let us know how it goes.

Michael Gall, Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Word Error message

1. Microsoft Word Error message - Similar Threads - Microsoft Word Error

2. error messages when using word and excel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    error messages when using word and excel: hello, i'm getting the error messages below when opening word and excel documentsalso, the document has "unlicensed document" at the top next to the file namei bought the home & student version a few years agoonce i find the license number, how do i correct these...
  3. Windows 7 Microsoft word 2010 error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Microsoft word 2010 error message: I can't save new documents in Microsoft Word 2010. I was able to save documents last week.Word cannot complete the save due to a file permission error C:\users\...\title.docxHP p683W x64 based pc Microsoft Windows 7 home premium service pack 1 7601When I open another...
  4. Windows 7 Microsoft word 2010 error message

Windows 7 Microsoft word 2010 error message: I can't save new documents in Microsoft Word 2010. I was able to save documents last week.Word cannot complete the save due to a file permission error C:\users\...\title.docxHP p683W x64 based pc Microsoft Windows 7 home premium service pack 1 7601When I open another...
  5. "Options" in Microsoft Word no longer operate properly; error message Error #75 writing...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Options" in Microsoft Word no longer operate properly; error message Error #75 writing...: After installing new software, I have the problem referenced above. I can close out the error message and continue, but Word options no longer work properly; for instance, convert -- to em-dash; hyperlinks; fractions, etc. Changing them in 'options' under the file tab makes...
  6. Excel and Word error message after changing Microsoft password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel and Word error message after changing Microsoft password: A friend of mine has just changed their Microsoft password. She's not very PC literate and I've not heard of this one before but when she now tries to open Word also happens with Excel via the icon she gets the following message "updating office please wait a moment". Then...
  7. Error messages when opening Word and Powerpoint

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error messages when opening Word and Powerpoint: Hello, I recently deleted a Bloomberg app from my computer using the Uninstall feature, and I also removed some pictures to free up space on my system. I'm hoping someone can help me figure out the cause of the following messages I've been receiving when opening various...
  8. Word error message

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Word error message: I can't access Word and keep getting an error message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-error-message/4008a518-0613-4c11-8829-de0741fe6c23
  9. Error Messages when opening Word

Error Messages when opening Word: I'm hoping someone can point me to a way to eliminate the error messages below when my neighbor opens Word, Excel or Powerpoint. Background: I helped a neighbor upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. All went well and there were no problems. They had Office XP with...
  10. MS Word opens with an error message

MS Word opens with an error message: I have a new Surface Pro 3 with MS Office 10 on it. This is a new machine (2 weeks old.) All Office programs launch properly except Word. When Word is launched (either from a desktop shortcut to the program or by clicking a Word doc) the program opens and immediately displays...