Windows 10: Microsoft Word file became hidden and lost the newest saved version after Windows auto update

Discus and support Microsoft Word file became hidden and lost the newest saved version after Windows auto update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had a word document on my desktop that I updated and saved yesterday. Today my laptop automatically updated, and when I turned it back on, that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LynnW213, Aug 5, 2019.

1. LynnW213 Win User

Microsoft Word file became hidden and lost the newest saved version after Windows auto update

I had a word document on my desktop that I updated and saved yesterday. Today my laptop automatically updated, and when I turned it back on, that document was gone.

It was only visible under the Recent Files list in Quick Access, and it showed that the document's destination was on the desktop, even though it's not visible on the desktop. When I changed the indexing setting to reveal hidden files, it showed up as a hidden file there.

But, the newest version I saved yesterday was lost, the hidden document I found was an old version of the document from days ago.

I don't know how to recover the missing updated document, or why the old document became hidden. The properties showed it has no previous versions, and there wasn't any temporary files in the word autosave folder either.

Is the document still recoverable, or did I just lost the updated version forever?

:)

LynnW213, Aug 5, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

microsoft word 2003

Is it just one file, or all your word files?

With the exception of Outlook, I have yet to find a reason to stop using Office 2000, 2003, and 2007. They open all the latest files just fine, and they work just fine.

newtekie1, Aug 5, 2019
  3. microsoft word 2003

I have a lot of ms word files on my pc. But one of them showed me an error - Getting unknown error messages while opening (.doc) or (.docx) files. I don't know how to open my word file or repair microsoft word. Any suggestions, guys, please.

abandone15, Aug 5, 2019
  4. Microsoft Word file became hidden and lost the newest saved version after Windows auto update

Andre Da Costa, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Word file became hidden and lost the newest saved version after Windows auto update

1. Microsoft Word file became hidden and lost the newest saved version after Windows auto update - Similar Threads - Microsoft Word file

2. In windows 11 Microsoft word background became black. The words became white. What is the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In windows 11 Microsoft word background became black. The words became white. What is the...: My baby brother pressed some key and the background of Microsoft word and some other white backgroundnot all became black. The words I am writing that became white instead of black. How to bring it back to white background....
  3. In windows 11 Microsoft word background became black. The words became white. What is the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In windows 11 Microsoft word background became black. The words became white. What is the...: My baby brother pressed some key and the background of Microsoft word and some other white backgroundnot all became black. The words I am writing that became white instead of black. How to bring it back to white background....
  4. Win 10, word icon lost after recent auto update from microsoft.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10, word icon lost after recent auto update from microsoft.: After the last windows auto update I lost my word icon at the bottom bar. If I open a word file from my desktop, the file is displayed but I get a message in the side bar that word has recovered the following files. I have tried pinning the word icon back on the bar but it...
  5. Newest Windows update reverted my saved word files? Please help.

Newest Windows update reverted my saved word files? Please help.: So I finish updating my windows update and come back to find that 4 important word documents have gone missing from my desktop. I look into my documents and find them, but they are saved versions from 2 days ago? How do I retrieve my most recent saved word files please? I'd...
  6. Lost Word file in desktop after update

Lost Word file in desktop after update: So I have spent 8 hours working on my dissertation project today, saving it as I go to the desktop. Went to shut down my computer and Windows did an automatic update and now my two files that I had been working on all day have completely vanished from the computer, I cant...
  7. Lost file after ‘save as’

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost file after ‘save as’: Ive lost a file that i opened and had been adding a lot of text to today. I was relying on auto save but not actually pressing save until i finished it and then tried to save it as a new title ‘save as’. Closed the file so that i could email it and then when to attach it to...
  8. Word document not auto saved

Word document not auto saved: I wrote a word document and never titled it or even saved it originally. i work and come back to my work and know that autosave exists so i didn't worry about it. My computer got closed accidentally. 2 days later i opened word and found my document under Document 1 as is...
  9. cannot save word files after 1809 update

cannot save word files after 1809 update: my computer has just updated to 1809. now it seems i cannot save any files in Word. i am using Word 2013... Any ideas what i can do? Thanks...
  10. TASK BAR GLITCH AFTER NEWEST UPDATE: After newest update my hidden icons have become...

in Windows 10 Customization
    TASK BAR GLITCH AFTER NEWEST UPDATE: After newest update my hidden icons have become...: My hidden icons are blurry and all of them are not showing. It's like some of them got hidden behind the taskbar. Before the update, it use to work fine. But the newest update caused this. Can someone please help me. It's so annoying, I'm not able to close bg apps due to this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i lost the newest version of a file